Mike Brey to retire | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Brey to retire

In wrestling terms Brey wasn’t a world title contender but he was an Intercontinental title type of coach. Good not great. Couldn’t carry a league for a season but would benefit the league more years than not.
honky-tonk-man-ic-champion.jpg

At the 9:24 mark; "you know when you're at a place for 23 years, I mean you can get some fatigue of the routine at the place you are at a little bit, it just...is what it is."

Well, I wonder what's the fatigue of the routine of someone in the same position for 46 years, literally doubled? Would that equate to double the fatigue or is that more of an exponential deal than linear? ;)
What JB is doing is basically what's called "quiet quitting"
Just there going through the motions, complacent, not having the drive or trying to achieve high level goals that he once did.

Check out his presser after the FSU loss earlier this week.

Credit to Mark Packer and the ACCN for showing this after Mike resigned.

Go to about the 2:10 mark and start watching from there. He is not right; the losing has destroyed him. Pretty sad.
Sounded to me like he actually was having a moment of honest self reflection.

Hate Notre Dame with a passion. Brey seems like a good guy. Even though I hated playing them with their 19 annual 3-point shooters (any of which will go off on a given night), will actually kinda miss him being in the league.

Hated playing them during the Harrangoofy years... that SOB ran roughshod over us too many times...

Gonna be Porter Moser. I think he will be very good there.

He's a coach. That's what coaches do. They coach. Just like JAB and Leonard Hamilton. That's all they know and love. Calhoun went and coached a D-3 school when he was done at Yukon. JAB will probably be coaching his grandkids in CYO ball when he is 90, if he's still not at Syracuse (that's a joke for most of you).

Georgetown if Ricky P ends up in Tampa or Queens

Has an “in“ and thumbs up for sure with the powerful Chicago ND boosters with his success recruiting Chicago players at Loyola - Chicago.
Also struggling at OU. Big 12 is tough and they haven't won many games the last 2 years under him. Could be one bad year away from being replaced or at least on an uncomfortable hot seat.

Illinois will go for him if we hire Underwood though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom