Mike Lynch to Nevada | Syracusefan.com

Mike Lynch to Nevada

I rarely heard his name here, was he much involved in recruiting?

Mike is a great guy and always struck me as a hard worker. He wasn’t that visible but we know Dino kept a tight lid on his staff.

I’m happy Mike landed another gig. I’ll be rooting for him

Last edited:
He's been the primary or secondary recruiter for all of the RBs. Primary for some other positions. Enrique Cruz, Matthew Bergeron, etc
Those names you mention were obviously good gets.

And we’ve had some nice RB’s at the top end.

But the RB room has not been very deep, even compared to lesser programs.

He was the primary for Jawhar Jordan who unfortunately ended up being one of the best running backs in the ACC for another team. :(
It’s a fair point. But even with that, I think we’ve been crazily thin at that position.

It’s a fair point. But even with that, I think we’ve been crazily thin at that position.
I often wonder why that is? It reminds me of Boeheim and his overuse of minutes on starters the way they have a workhorse and very limited snaps for the other backs, why stay if you don't get any snaps? We saw that with Tucker, why in the world didn't Allen get more snaps especially with Tucker often being hurt?

So happy to see Mike land on his feet. Players loved him. Recruits, and their parents did, too. Genuine, good human being. There's a reason Babers kept him around the longest. He's one of the good guys.

I love this. Congrats Coach Lynch!

So happy to see Mike land on his feet. Players loved him. Recruits, and their parents did, too. Genuine, good human being. There's a reason Babers kept him around the longest. He's one of the good guys.

I love this. Congrats Coach Lynch!

He was with Dino from the get go, correct?

Congrats and good luck coach. Enjoy the change of weather!

He was with Dino from the get go, correct?

Congrats and good luck coach. Enjoy the change of weather!
12 years. He was the most genuine guy, on the staff. Some recruits want to make sure they aren't being coached by egotistical maniacs...(SO many of them) Lynch was the guy sent for those kids - regardless of area. Some things you can't fake. Coach Lynch was never faking. I'm thrilled he landed a spot!

Edit. I often laughed when folks were begging for Lewis to come back - often citing 2018. He was gone in 2018. That was Lynch/Babers, as co OC's. Lynch was co OC in 16, and 17, too. ;-)

Last edited:
12 years. He was the most genuine guy, on the staff. Some recruits want to make sure they aren't being coached by egotistical maniacs...(SO many of them) Lynch was the guy sent for those kids - regardless of area. Some things you can't fake. Coach Lynch was never faking. I'm thrilled he landed a spot!

Edit. I often laughed when folks were begging for Lewis to come back - often citing 2018. He was gone in 2018. That was Lynch/Babers, as co OC's. Lynch was co OC in 16, and 17, too. ;-)

Also co-OC at Bowling Green in 2015. He stuck with Dino through the demotion after the 2019 season. He was certainly a loyal guy.

While true let’s not forget in 2018 Dungey went full on Paul Blake changing calls in the huddle. The offense was far more consistent and with better talent would have been lights out under Lewis … he proved that at CU.

While true let’s not forget in 2018 Dungey went full on Paul Blake changing calls in the huddle. The offense was far more consistent and with better talent would have been lights out under Lewis … he proved that at CU.
Different players. Lewis was QB coach, here. I seem to remember Dungey having to fix his motion, preparing for the draft. Not trying to throw shade on Lewis. Lynch was co OC with him- and in 18, and never seemed to get any credit. Lewis certainly has a more gregarious personality- good for a HC - but that shouldn't minimize the good things Lynch did... ;-)

Different players. Lewis was QB coach, here. I seem to remember Dungey having to fix his motion, preparing for the draft. Not trying to throw shade on Lewis. Lynch was co OC with him- and in 18, and never seemed to get any credit. Lewis certainly has a more gregarious personality- good for a HC - but that shouldn't minimize the good things Lynch did... ;-)
Sorry but if the offense were attributed to Lynch then why hire a new OC when Lewis leaves? I think Lynch is great with the kids and maybe a good RB coach but I’m not giving him keys to the offense permanently and neither did Dino which speaks volumes.

Sorry but if the offense were attributed to Lynch then why hire a new OC when Lewis leaves? I think Lynch is great with the kids and maybe a good RB coach but I’m not giving him keys to the offense permanently and neither did Dino which speaks volumes.
Lynch was OC in 2018 and 2019. Its right on the Cuse site. Lewis left after 2017. 2019 didn't go well... The Lewis man crush has always had me puzzled.

I enjoyed Lynch as OC in 18, after Lewis left.

Interesting so far Dino guys are ending up out west

Lynch was OC in 2018 and 2019. Its right on the Cuse site. Lewis left after 2017. 2019 didn't go well... The Lewis man crush has always had me puzzled.

I’m well aware and please remind me who ran the offense after 2019 again? Why not Lynch? My point stands.

If Dungey hadn't changed plays at the line of scrimmage, they all would have been gone after 2019. Lynch was a nice man but the offense play calling was bad.
We still were running the 1st down run up the middle this year.
It was refreshing to see the wildcat where that wasn't always the 1st down call.

If Dungey hadn't changed plays at the line of scrimmage, they all would have been gone after 2019. Lynch was a nice man but the offense play calling was bad.
We still were running the 1st down run up the middle this year.
It was refreshing to see the wildcat where that wasn't always the 1st down call.
Never understood the love affair with Lynch. He was just OK.

I’m well aware and please remind me who ran the offense after 2019 again? Why not Lynch? My point stands.
2019 didn’t go well, but 15-10 ain’t that bad for a record as the play caller and 2020 was much, much worse.

He coached some of our better OLs in Dino’s tenure, was OC for the most successful Syracuse football season in more than 2 decades and has had 3-straight seasons with a 1,000 yard back and by all accounts a good person. His wife and family are very involved in the JD district.

New staff means new direction. I’m gonna simply say thanks for 8 years and wish him the best as most have on here rather than get into a bitching contest about his merits as a coach based on his 2019 play calling.

2019 didn’t go well, but 15-10 ain’t that bad for a record as the play caller and 2020 was much, much worse.

He coached some of our better OLs in Dino’s tenure, was OC for the most successful Syracuse football season in more than 2 decades and has had 3-straight seasons with a 1,000 yard back and by all accounts a good person. His wife and family are very involved in the JD district.

New staff means new direction. I’m gonna simply say thanks for 8 years and wish him the best as most have on here rather than get into a bitching contest about his merits as a coach based on his 2019 play calling.
You are attributing wins to the wrong play caller. I’m not saying he can’t connect with recruits or isn’t a good person but he wasn’t calling the plays until 2019 and we all know what happened. If he was so successful why wasn’t he allowed to continue in 2020?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom