Mike Waters to be on WFAN with Mike F 3:00 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Waters to be on WFAN with Mike F 3:00

Francesa is a tremendous interviewer. He can be blowhard-y at times, but the man can interview. All bases covered.

A+ interview by Francesa and Waters

Boeheim comes off as an amazing human being albeit naive in this interview btw. You can tell Francesca likes him.

Francesa is a tremendous interviewer. He can be blowhard-y at times, but the man can interview. All bases covered.
absolutely. i have never listened to him before (i hate sports talk radio generally). but i might start.

Q: Did you ever hear anything weird, an inkling about Bernie Fine over all these years?
Waters: Before 2002, nothing. After 2002, yeah, there were rumors. I didn't want to talk about it too much with too many people, because there was still some possibility at some point that we'd catch a break in this, so we didn't want to let the cat out of the bag. We never saw anything. Never saw any little kids, anything that looked strange. Never spoke to Bernie Fine or Boeheim about this topic. We left that up to the reporters pursuing the topic. I didn't want to let Boheim know what I knew.

Q: How would you assess the case against Bernie Fine
Waters: In the court of public opinion he's as guilty as the day is long. If eventually this gets to a court of law, this is very much up in the air. The prosecuting attorney is still looking for the last bits of evidence hta the needs

Q: Is Boeheim in any trouble?
Waters: Personally, I think he's in the clear. I know peoplea re clamoring for his dismissal. But they're misinterpreting events, and they're transposing some of the stuff he said vs. Paterno, and I think eh's kind of getting swept up in that. BUt I just don't think you fire a guy for coming to the defense of someone he's known for 50 years and stepping over a line, especially when he quickly backgracked.

Q: He had to be stunned at what's happened in the last couple days.
WatersL Absolutely. Absolutely. He's got to be wondering about the man that worked down the hall for all those years. And especially he's gotta be wondering, Bernie why didn't you come down the hall and tell me the truth so I woudln't have stick my neck out for you like that.

Q: Using deductive reasoning, you wouldn't come out that strong and be that vulnerable if you thought in any way shape or form that Bernie was guilty. I think that's the best evidence Boeheim didn't know about it.
Waters: I agree. I think that's good deductive reasoning.

Waters: Lead investigators in case are now US Atty and Secret Service.

agreed almost as good as Howard Stern

yeah I wouldn't recommend listening to Francesca a lot, because he is kind of a dick, but no question he can do a good interview.

[quote="Muttsy, post: 97590"

Q: He had to be stunned at what's happened in the last couple days.
WatersL Absolutely. Absolutely. He's got to be wondering about the man that worked down the hall for all those years. And especially he's gotta be wondering, Bernie why didn't you come down the hall and tell me the truth so I woudln't have stick my neck out for you like that.[/quote]

This was a silly question/response. No way a child molestor just fesses up...

I agree..very good questions..Waters answered intelligently.

agreed almost as good as Howard Stern

Howard is the king of all media, and interviews. In the sports talk world, nobody beats Francesa. His interview with Kim Jones during the Penn State fiasco was amazing and today another great job.

Great interview!!!! Two smart guys breaking this down... Feel better today after that. JB should be here a while longer. PS kept their mouths shut on this JB didn't know in my book and Bernie and his wife are freaks.

When Francesa doesn't get worked up about something, and takes an even keel approach, he's a tremendous sports talk guy.

I wouldn't recommend listening if you're a Jets or Rutgizz fan though.

Ive always liked Francesa... he is rough on the Mets but always calls it like it is... Miss him with Mad Dog.

Ive always like Francesa... he is rough on the Mets but always calls it like it is... Miss him with Mad Dog.

Mad Dog always reeled him in. I listened to them every day after school back in CT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom