Mikel Jones | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mikel Jones

Best group of young linebackers since ‘93.
I totally agree with you saying our best linebacker coupe since 93. It’s just that we need some big guys upfront to make this defense functional at the top level where it needs to be.
I think even with Cisco hurt we still have very good talent in the defense of backfield.

Hopefully Mikel gets well soon and a leader on offense emerges the way he has on D. Many times leadership trumps raw talent in positions like LB and QB. Ask Zaire Franklin, Cam Lynch, Ryan Nassib, etc.

The D had to deal with 100 plays. That is beyond insane. The only thing Dino is doing with his " Fast" O is destroying his D.
Starting this week he needs to huddle up and use the full clock each play. We are not winning any games this year playing fast. He has to play as slow as possible and try and keep these kids off the field.

The ignore button is an option for everybody. I've already made good use of it.

You're ignoring everybody? Seems kinda lonely. Yet peaceful. Let me know how it goes even though you won't see this.

I think the young LB's have potential. I also wish they all were a little bigger as I think they get engulfed and/or are forced to make tackles 3-5 yards behind where we need them to.

we did fine agaisnt the run vs UNC until the D got tired we were fine against Pitt too. Gt the tackling was awful and the middle runs were exposed and GT took advantage of that.

I totally agree with you saying our best linebacker coupe since 93. It’s just that we need some big guys upfront to make this defense functional at the top level where it needs to be.
I think even with Cisco hurt we still have very good talent in the defense of backfield.
Totally agree! This type of defense you need some beast upfront

We need a Bromley. Someone who requires the Oline to handle every play and double at times. McKinley does some nice things but his size makes him a 1 shot type.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom