Minnesota the Great | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota the Great

Orangejet

Suds Peddlar
Not sure why the media thinks Minnesota is too good to play the Cuse in Houston? Yes, they have made improvements each year under Jerry Kill but before this years 8 - 4 record, they had four straight losing seasons with a combined record of 18 - 32.
The B1G Network says the Minn OL will dominate the Cuse DL and I can't see that happening...

Not sure why the media thinks Minnesota is too good to play the Cuse in Houston? Yes, they have made improvements each year under Jerry Kill but before this years 8 - 4 record, they had four straight losing seasons with a combined record of 18 - 32.
The B1G Network says the Minn OL will dominate the Cuse DL and I can't see that happening...
dominating our DL? Deeelusional. Our front 7 is the team strength. With the way this is shaking out (oleboy41's cool classy posts notwithstanding), karmas gonna pay a visit to the Gophers on 12/27 and we're going to like it's results is what my feeling is (karma with some good Syracuse talent and momentum that is :cool:).

That's because everyone associated with the B1G has their collective heads shoved up their arses.

I'm still absolutely stunned that this team is favored. They are a "run first, run second" offense. How the hell do they expect to beat us? They don't have the QBs to beat us with the option like Tech. If we shut down Andre Williams, I'm very confident we can shut down there "above average" back.

I honestly think Syracuse, if Hunt and the offense show up, could blow out Minnesota.

I see no strength in the Minnesota Gophers that Syracuse can't answer, and no weakness that Syracuse can't exploit.

I'm still absolutely stunned that this team is favored. They are a "run first, run second" offense. How the hell do they expect to beat us? They don't have the QBs to beat us with the option like Tech. If we shut down Andre Williams, I'm very confident we can shut down there "above average" back.

I honestly think Syracuse, if Hunt and the offense show up, could blow out Minnesota.

I see no strength in the Minnesota Gophers that Syracuse can't answer, and no weakness that Syracuse can't exploit.

Of course you're stunned because you're a Syracuse Rube and that's understandable. If our team can run against Michigan State on the road there is no reason they can't do the same to Syracuse on a neutral field. There is nothing really mysterious about our offense. WR's is really a weak spot right now. Offense has been average overall, but it's the defense that has really played well for the most part the 2nd half of the season.

Transitive properties favor MN and we all know what the predictive value of that is in college football!

These teams are so evenly matched (on paper) it is amazing. The fact that they beat us last year without Pugh and with a banged up Lemon, means nothing. It will probably be another low scoring ugly game.

Of course you're stunned because you're a Syracuse Rube and that's understandable. If our team can run against Michigan State on the road there is no reason they can't do the same to Syracuse on a neutral field. There is nothing really mysterious about our offense. WR's is really a weak spot right now. Offense has been average overall, but it's the defense that has really played well for the most part the 2nd half of the season.
Go away. This is a Syracuse Football Forum. If you can't see why we may be partisan in this environment, then the rube is in your mirror.

This is the greatest athlete in the history of the state of Minnesota. Verne Gagne.

upload_2013-12-10_12-41-55.jpeg

It's amazing how similar the teams are, which is why I find the blow out predictions curious. Both teams have solid run games, both teams have stud DT's, both teams have young/suspect WR corps, both teams have QB's that can run and have struggled with accuracy at times. As i said in a prior post, you guys remind me of Boston College which was a coin flip game late but we couldve put to rest much earlier. That was at home though so on a neutral field a long way from either fan base this game will simply be a toss up. Whoever takes care of the ball better will be the victor.

Apparently there's only 1 defense in the country that hasn't allowed a 100 yard rusher all year, and if that's true, Minnesota will be playing them in the Texas Bowl. That stat only means so much. We've been absolutely torched in some cases through the air, and just thinking about the Georgia Tech game made me throw up in my mouth a little bit, but we're just saying, perhaps our run defense warrants enough respect to say, it will probably be a pretty good "strength-on-strength" matchup, and not the blowout that some are projecting.

When you have your own network you can spin it any way you like. If you want the SU spin turn to the ACC Net... Ohh wait. My bad.

When you have your own network you can spin it any way you like. If you want the SU spin turn to the ACC Net... Ohh wait. My bad.
we heard the same crap from you guys about hoop just a couple of weeks ago. How did that work out for you?

Minnesota isn't even .500 historically in the Big 10 Oh Lord

How could they possibly look down on us.:confused:

That's because everyone associated with the B1G has their collective heads shoved up their arses.

Hey BiG,

Check out the Rose Bowl Championship Game pairing. Neither of those two teams come from your conference. Better luck next year, pompous asses.

Sincerely,

The Power 4

PS...We toasted at the BCS Selection Show using champagne glasses and Urban Meyer's tears. It was fantastic.

Apparently there's only 1 defense in the country that hasn't allowed a 100 yard rusher all year, and if that's true, Minnesota will be playing them in the Texas Bowl. That stat only means so much. We've been absolutely torched in some cases through the air, and just thinking about the Georgia Tech game made me throw up in my mouth a little bit, but we're just saying, perhaps our run defense warrants enough respect to say, it will probably be a pretty good "strength-on-strength" matchup, and not the blowout that some are projecting.

The Ga. Tech game was just so bad... The fact is that we ARE the only team in America to not allow a 100 yd rusher. But honestly, the Ga. Tech game was proof that we can be run on No, they didnt have a 100 yd rusher... but they did have a 95, 75, 72 and 5 yard rusher. Its a crazy box score. They had 14 guys with at least one carry. What?

Ran against MSU? 124 2.5 per is not running against. It took you 50 carries to get that number. Good for you.

The Ga. Tech game was just so bad... The fact is that we ARE the only team in America to not allow a 100 yd rusher. But honestly, the Ga. Tech game was proof that we can be run on No, they didnt have a 100 yd rusher... but they did have a 95, 75, 72 and 5 yard rusher. Its a crazy box score. They had 14 guys with at least one carry. What?
Good thing Minnesota doesn't have half the rushing attack GTech does. :rolleyes:

So what, GT is 6th in the country. These guys aren't. These guys are NCSt or Maryland level.

You may have gotten this before, but when you replied to my thread, I pretended that Kate Upton, herself, replied to my thread and wanted to talk 'Cuse football with me. It was a little bonus to my day. So thank you, Kate, for so much really, but foremost for being a knowledgeable Syracuse football fan

...well...maybe not foremost because...well...you know...you have nice bidubbies, but secondarily for being a fan.

Got off track there, but I couldn't help it...anyway, back to Cuse-Minnesota...

Rube- urban dictionary......Hick or Redneck, Nothing in the definition about being delusional as Gopher fans clearly are as to the strength of their team. And I resemble being called a hick. I prefer agrarian.

Rube- urban dictionary......Hick or Redneck, Nothing in the definition about being delusional as Gopher fans clearly are as to the strength of their team. And I resemble being called a hick. I prefer agrarian.

Me? A hick? Why I oughtta...

The remainder of the season showed that the game was an aberation. We got blitzed bu FSU because thaere that good . MD, NC state, Wake and BC we were good against the run ( Except a couple long QB scramblews for BC )

Well, who knows who will win the Texas Bowl.

But what we SU fans do know and what Minnesota fans will start to realize is one of the greatest jokes of all time.

You guys (The B1G) took Rutgers. And it was voluntary. It wasn't some sort of mandatory thing or even as a result of a trade to get something else you wanted.

The ACC expanded twice and never gave them a sniff. Did that suggest anything to Delany?

Has anybody noticed they got rolled continually this year by the AAC powers? Do you understand that the BB team just got beat by Fairleigh-Dickinson?

Are you aware that their fans derided and insulted the Navy Midshipmen when they visited the friendly confines of the RU stadium?

We tried to warn the UConn FB fans when they hired our Ex-coach, Pasqualoni. But they knew better.

You guys voluntarily took Rutgers. Amazing.

Interesting strategy - come to our board and immediately start name-calling. Let me know how that works out for you.

Love your B1G all-time record. Do you even try? Well, I take it back. You do have a winning record over U of Chicago. So you got that going for you.

And to follow up Townie's post - you do realize that if everyone beats Rutgers (and they will), it does you no good, right?