Minnesota the Great | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota the Great

dalai+lama.jpg

LOL...ON THIS THREAD. Now I've got to go and find a place to peeeeee.

What else is there??? :)

Not that it matter to anyone outside of Minneapolis, but we have damn good Wrestling and Volleyball team. Actually we are disgustingly good at all of the non-revenue/non-entertaining sports.
We're definitely awesome at sports nobody cares about

We haven't been ranked since when exactly?

It's going to take a shooting-up-the-Top 25 hot start to the season to change national perception (and within the teams in our conference) and get the leaf rakers back. IMO

Everything else – bowl wins, ticket prices, offensive stats, recruiting, uniforms - all just window dressing.

skiumahski said:
Of course you're stunned because you're a Syracuse Rube and that's understandable. If our team can run against Michigan State on the road there is no reason they can't do the same to Syracuse on a neutral field. There is nothing really mysterious about our offense. WR's is really a weak spot right now. Offense has been average overall, but it's the defense that has really played well for the most part the 2nd half of the season.

Wait, you were able to run (not really as proven in this thread) on MSU. The same MSU that lost to Notre Dame. You know, that powerhouse that lost to another middle of the road ACC team in Pitt. We unfortunately lost to Pitt by one point, but you get the idea. I hope your coaches and players think we are as bad as we were against Georgia Tech.

You guys (The B1G) took Rutgers. And it was voluntary. It wasn't some sort of mandatory thing or even as a result of a trade to get something else you wanted.

The ACC expanded twice and never gave them a sniff. Did that suggest anything to Delany?

Has anybody noticed they got rolled continually this year by the AAC powers? Do you understand that the BB team just got beat by Fairleigh-Dickinson?

Are you aware that their fans derided and insulted the Navy Midshipmen when they visited the friendly confines of the RU stadium?

We tried to warn the UConn FB fans when they hired our Ex-coach, Pasqualoni. But they knew better.

You guys voluntarily took Rutgers. Amazing.

I think you're more amazed that you were wrong.

Do you expect the BTN guys to be knowledgeable about Syracuse football after those 2 non conference games?
I expect them to do some basic homework, rather than rely 100% on their little/big 10 echo chamber.

Not sure why the media thinks Minnesota is too good to play the Cuse in Houston? Yes, they have made improvements each year under Jerry Kill but before this years 8 - 4 record, they had four straight losing seasons with a combined record of 18 - 32.
The B1G Network says the Minn OL will dominate the Cuse DL and I can't see that happening...

Wasn't the BC offensive line supposed to dominate our Defensive front also? How'd that work out? I think the BC offensive line is better than Minnesota's and I thought we dominated them at the line of scrimmage. Without that huge 54 yard scramble by the QB, they only rushed for 137 yards.

Also, the TOP shows that our offensive line dominated BC defensive front 36 min. to 24.

I am thinking that the media and other fanbases perceptions of our line play is way off from the truth.

It's amazing how similar the teams are, which is why I find the blow out predictions curious. Both teams have solid run games, both teams have stud DT's, both teams have young/suspect WR corps, both teams have QB's that can run and have struggled with accuracy at times. As i said in a prior post, you guys remind me of Boston College which was a coin flip game late but we couldve put to rest much earlier. That was at home though so on a neutral field a long way from either fan base this game will simply be a toss up. Whoever takes care of the ball better will be the victor.

That's my take too. Two evenly matched teams, in a game where either them could win. I don't see either team having a distinct advantage.

But what do I know? I'm just a rube.

Last edited:
Wait, you were able to run (not really as proven in this thread) on MSU. The same MSU that lost to Notre Dame. You know, that powerhouse that lost to another middle of the road ACC team in Pitt. We unfortunately lost to Pitt by one point, but you get the idea. I hope your coaches and players think we are as bad as we were against Georgia Tech.
Sorry but this post makes no sense. You're disparaging the #1 defense in the country because they lost a game to a team that lost to a team that you also lost to? Is this a serious point you're attempting to make?

I expect them to do some basic homework, rather than rely 100% on their little/big 10 echo chamber.
I completely agree, just pointing out that its probably not worth your energy to get upset over something said by guys that get paid to analyze one particular conference which isn't yours. As a MN fan every year there are national writers and analysts that say completely incorrect things about us but it doesn't bother me because those guys are supposed to know a little about everyone and unless you're a top 20 type team I fully get that they won't know very much about us as they aren't watching our games. There are just too many games for them to see everyone. Plus by most of you guys' accounts the team is much better know than early in the year which is when those BTN guys likely saw you play (the PSU and NW games)

think the BC offensive line is better than Minnesota's .
Based on what? Have you seen MN play much this year? (I haven't really seen BC so I don't know the answer here just wondering what the basis for this statement is)

I currently live in Chicago and lots of B1G talk here. One thing the media is constantly saying is that the Cuse loss to PS & NW and Minn beat them both. Yes, that is true but with Drew Allen at QB and not Terrel Hunt. If TH started against PS, that game was a win for the Cuse.

I currently live in Chicago and lots of B1G talk here. One thing the media is constantly saying is that the Cuse loss to PS & NW and Minn beat them both. Yes, that is true but with Drew Allen at QB and not Terrel Hunt. If TH started against PS, that game was a win for the Cuse.
in general that's lazy reporting. Sure if we blew PSU and NW out by 20 there would be some relevance to that point but both were fairly competitive games. Plus each game is different with different matchups. PSU went in to Madison and beat WI the week after WI beat us in MPLS which was the week after we handled PSU at home fairly easily.

Based on what? Have you seen MN play much this year? (I haven't really seen BC so I don't know the answer here just wondering what the basis for this statement is)

Maybe because they blocked for a pure power back that is a Heisman finalist? Andre Williams has gone for 2102 this year, top 10 single season all time.

Kid is a north/south guy who need the line to open holes, he didn't do a whole lot on his own at the LOS.

That's what it's based on.

Sorry but this post makes no sense. You're disparaging the #1 defense in the country because they lost a game to a team that lost to a team that you also lost to? Is this a serious point you're attempting to make?

It means that if Syracuse can go toe-to-toe with a team like Pitt, then Syracuse can absolutely compete with Minnesota. It's hard to know how good the B1G is since your teams really don't play anyone out of conference. MSU lost its one game against above average competition. That same team, Notre Dame, lost to a mediocre Pitt.

Michigan over Notre Dame, Penn State and NU over us (with a different QB than you'll see), Wisconsin over BYU and Illinois over Cincinnati are the only decent OOC wins that the B1G has. It's pretty obvious that the ACC was a much deeper and better football conference than the B1G was this season. Even the ACC's worst team this year in Virginia managed to beat BYU, which is one of the best OOC wins the B1G has this year.

I seriously doubt that MSU's BEST DEFENSE EVER would have been as successful in either the Atlantic or Coastal. We very well could lose, but the more I look at the B1G's week schedule the more I think Syracuse has a real chance to win.

going toe to toe with Pitt? you are bragging about that? you should expect to beat a mediocre Pitt team yet you couldn't even do that

going toe to toe with Pitt? you are bragging about that? you should expect to beat a mediocre Pitt team yet you couldn't even do that
great post keep them coming