Minnesota the Great | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota the Great

Well, who knows who will win the Texas Bowl.

But what we SU fans do know and what Minnesota fans will start to realize is one of the greatest jokes of all time.

You guys (The B1G) took Rutgers. And it was voluntary. It wasn't some sort of mandatory thing or even as a result of a trade to get something else you wanted.

The ACC expanded twice and never gave them a sniff. Did that suggest anything to Delany?

Has anybody noticed they got rolled continually this year by the AAC powers? Do you understand that the BB team just got beat by Fairleigh-Dickinson?

Are you aware that their fans derided and insulted the Navy Midshipmen when they visited the friendly confines of the RU stadium?

We tried to warn the UConn FB fans when they hired our Ex-coach, Pasqualoni. But they knew better.

You guys voluntarily took Rutgers. Amazing.

I really admire your message discipline. ;)

Of course you're stunned because you're a Syracuse Rube and that's understandable. If our team can run against Michigan State on the road there is no reason they can't do the same to Syracuse on a neutral field. There is nothing really mysterious about our offense. WR's is really a weak spot right now. Offense has been average overall, but it's the defense that has really played well for the most part the 2nd half of the season.
Didn't even look at this.

"If our team can run against MSU..." -shove it.

Your team didn't even average 3 yards per carry against MSU. That's probably why you loss. Your passing attack is so incompetent that once you faced a solid rush defense you tried to pound the ball repetitively despite the fact that you were going nowhere.

What happens when you face a team with a superior pass rush than MSU? A team that will make your offense even more one dimensional? A team that sacks the opposing team nearly every 11 plays. This team is Syracuse.

Minnesota is an incredibly average team this year. You're right, there's nothing mysterious about it. Syracuse faced the same mediocrity against NC St. and Maryland.

Your WR's a weak spot? Try your entire offense. You're the definition of one dimensional.

You won't win if you can't score. I'm not worried about Syracuse scoring. Our quarterback is improving every game, as are our wide outs. But ignoring the emerging passing threat, I don't think Minnesota will be able to contain our 4 headed rushing attack (hunt, mcfarlane, morris and jerome).

Sorry, the term 'rube' wasn't meant in a derogatory manner, more so just another term for 'fan' if you will. Perhaps it's more of a regional slang thing. I'm not here to get into a pissing match either, just looking forward to some good football discussion building up to the big game. I think it would be very foolish of either fan base to think this game will be extremely one-sided.

Didn't even look at this.

"If our team can run against MSU..." -shove it.

Your team didn't even average 3 yards per carry against MSU. That's probably why you loss. Your passing attack is so incompetent that once you faced a solid rush defense you tried to pound the ball repetitively despite the fact that you were going nowhere.

What happens when you face a team with a superior pass rush than MSU? A team that will make your offense even more one dimensional? A team that sacks the opposing team nearly every 11 plays. This team is Syracuse.

Minnesota is an incredibly average team this year. You're right, there's nothing mysterious about it. Syracuse faced the same mediocrity against NC St. and Maryland.

Your WR's a weak spot? Try your entire offense. You're the definition of one dimensional.

You won't win if you can't score. I'm not worried about Syracuse scoring. Our quarterback is improving every game, as are our wide outs. But ignoring the emerging passing threat, I don't think Minnesota will be able to contain our 4 headed rushing attack (hunt, mcfarlane, morris and jerome).

I don't recall if you're the local Twin Cities Orange fan or not? I know there was one posting on here the last few days. If so maybe you've seen a few of Minnesota's games this year but I have a hard time the majority of your fans are in agreement with that statement. If you look at most of our games we've won we haven't had to pass much so I'd argue those stats are a bit misleading. The games we've lost we haven't passed well. I was surprised to see the passing stats between the two teams are as close as they were. It looks like you may be implying your defense is on the level of Michigan State. That might be the case as I don't know much about your squad's strengths and weaknesses but would certainly like to learn more.

Last edited:
skiumahski said:
Sorry, the term 'rube' wasn't meant in a derogatory manner, more so just another term for 'fan' if you will. Perhaps it's more of a regional slang thing. I'm not here to get into a pissing match either, just looking forward to some good football discussion building up to the big game. I think it would be very foolish of either fan base to think this game will be extremely one-sided.
. Everything's I've read from your vaunted fan base is that you should be number 3 in the bcs standings. (That's me making an inference)

Fair enough

Fair enough.

Edit: oops - didn't see TB's response.

OK - fresh start.

That's because everyone associated with the B1G has their collective heads shoved up their arses.
The Big Ten Network bowl special commentators agreed that the Orange "was not a real physical team." Time to show them some hard-nosed football down in Houston!

Hey, Minnesota.

The only sport you've ever been relevant in is ice hockey.

You should feel bad...

The Big Ten Network bowl special commentators agreed that the Orange "was not a real physical team." Time to show them some hard-nosed football down in Houston!

Looks like our Linebackers will enter with a chip on there shoulders.

Yea this thread got hostile very quickly. Rube isn't an insult as much as basically saying we're all fans/homers/keyboard jockeys. We're all rubes. Also I'd caution all rubes not to rely on the stats too much when judging teams. Stats are great but they don't tell the whole story. Against MSU we moved the ball fairly consistently and fairly well on the ground. It was a defensive battle type of game in which we blew it in the redzone twice which killed us. Stats are a look at the whole but sometimes that kind of doesn't tell the whole truth. For instance against PSU they had a long drive from inside their 5 where they just gashed us on the ground early. After that drive we basically shut them down but those 80 yards on like 7-9 carries help to skew the rest of the stats where it may look like they consistently ran the ball when it was one drive. So regarding our running game while the stats don't always look great we ran the ball very consistently for the last 6 weeks outside of the WI game. For a better example if you watched the Stanford v Oregon game you saw Stanford completely dominate Oregon up front. However Gaffney only averaged 3.5 yds per rush. Would you say 'Gaffney's not that good he only averaged 3.5 yards per carry'? Of course not if you watched the game. Are we a dominate running team? No we're not. However we've become a good running team that controls the clock and doesn't have gaudy numbers because we don't have a break away back to pad those numbers. We're a 3 yds, 4 yds, PA pass for 4 yards type of offense. the danger with that is getting behind the sticks can really hurt

Do you expect the BTN guys to be knowledgeable about Syracuse football after those 2 non conference games?

Hey, Minnesota.

You should feel bad...
Why? Because the school I root for based on where I grew up hasn't been successful? So I should personally feel inferior to people that grew up in a different area because their local school was better at sports? I'd say if you have that mindset you should feel bad about believing sports allegiance you have no control over should influence one's self esteem and self worth.

Why? Because the school I root for based on where I grew up hasn't been successful? So I should personally feel inferior to people that grew up in a different area because their local school was better at sports? I'd say if you have that mindset you should feel bad about believing sports allegiance you have no control over should influence one's self esteem and self worth.
it's a board inside joke, wasnt aimed at you. lighten up, francis

Nope the BT blew any credibility when the signed Rutgers.

Hey I'm not a huge fan but I'm certainly ok with having a beatable team on the schedule. All these decisions are based on money and TV markets way more than on field performance

Hey I'm not a huge fan but I'm certainly ok with having a beatable team on the schedule. All these decisions are based on money and TV markets way more than on field performance

Those beatable teams like the dogs you faced in your OOC is why you are playing a 6-6 team instead of a better bowl.

You may have gotten this before, but when you replied to my thread, I pretended that Kate Upton, herself, replied to my thread and wanted to talk 'Cuse football with me. It was a little bonus to my day. So thank you, Kate, for so much really, but foremost for being a knowledgeable Syracuse football fan

...well...maybe not foremost because...well...you know...you have nice bidubbies, but secondarily for being a fan.

Got off track there, but I couldn't help it...anyway, back to Cuse-Minnesota...

Happy to make your day.
-Kate

Those beatable teams like the dogs you faced in your OOC is why you are playing a 6-6 team instead of a better bowl.
No that's not true at all. We'd be in this same spot with 8 wins no matter what. We basically finished 6th in the B10 in terms of bowl order and got jumped by Michigan. The only way things would've been different is if we'd have beat MSU or WI instead of say NW and snuck into the top 25 and one of those bowls opted for a top 25 team as opposed to Michigan which may not have happened anyway

it's a board inside joke, wasnt aimed at you. lighten up, francis
My bad, seemed like shots fired since its weird that an inside board joke would reference MN and hockey. But what do I know. I was born a poor black child in Mississippi

When I hear Big 10 fans talk about clock management I think of Wisconsin in basketball..

For the love of god, tell me that playing Minnesota will be more enjoyable than that nails on chalkboard team.

Hey, Minnesota.

You should feel bad...

What else is there??? :)

Not that it matter to anyone outside of Minneapolis, but we have damn good Wrestling and Volleyball team. Actually we are disgustingly good at all of the non-revenue/non-entertaining sports.