Mintz to NBA Draft | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mintz to NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judah is still getting better he’s hardly a guy that showed up as a freshman as good as he’d ever be like a Battle.

Maybe we get a third year if he wants NPOTY consideration and to contend for a title? NBA likes older players.

• Wow
Reactions: B
Wait, what?
Proven plug and play guys have value just like younger players with “upside.”

See Dalton Knect rocketing up boards. For undrafted players it’s guys like Vincent and Martin that explode out of nowhere not 19 year olds who left school with eligibility.

Judah might be too old for the young guy with upside anyways. Stay another year get even better then they won’t be able to keep him out of the league.

I laugh when I see people say he won’t get the same calls In the nba, the bitching will get him less calls, etc. are we watching the same nba? Where some of the top players I.e Giannis, Luka, Lebron, etc are doing just as much of it. I feel like people I’m here are wayyyyy to extreme on their side of Black or white. He *may* be able to sneak into a first round spot but I suspect Judah goes one of those higher compensated 2nd round draft slots where teams think they have someone who is more developed to play right away, can control in terms of contract a little better.

I laugh when I see people say he won’t get the same calls In the nba, the bitching will get him less calls, etc. are we watching the same nba? Where some of the top players I.e Giannis, Luka, Lebron, etc are doing just as much of it. I feel like people I’m here are wayyyyy too extreme on their side of Black or white. He *may* be able to sneak into a first round spot but I suspect Judah goes one of those higher compensated 2nd round draft slots where teams think they have someone who is more developed to play right away, can control in terms of contract a little better.
Star players can argue over calls, sure. A second-rounder cannot. You have to earn that.

Can anyone name a single game he “won” for us, like the greats of 10-15 years ago?

I can’t.

Being an out of control human cruise missile doesn’t translate to the NBA (nor Europe) because players are bigger, stronger men. Shooting is key. Without his FT, he’s got what, 8 PPG?

Rebounds? Steals? Assists? Turnovers… (ratio isn’t that bad)

All this negative criticism of Judah is unfounded and in some ways asinine. First of all don’t put too much stock in mock drafts. They’re all over the place. I’ve seen him in the mid to late 1st to mid to low 2nd. Second of all, he’s up in every category from last year except assists which is slightly down. Thirdly, he has to score for this team to have a shot to win, plus he doesn’t have Jesse for lobs and pick n rolls and Joe for kick outs like last year. He’s not only a good passer but a willing passer, just ask his Hall of Fame high school coach, Oak Hill’s Steve Smith and his AAU coach. Fourthly, his strength is underrated, just ask his fitness and strength trainer back home and on SU’s staff. He’s stronger than he looks. He’s not buffed but wiry like DeArron Fox. How do you think he finishes through contact? He falls down a lot because of how he at times contorts his body, and gets to the line which is valued by the NBA. He’s second in the nation to Zack Edey in getting to the line and shooting an impressive percentage. He’s giving his team and coaches just what they need. Ifvhenn bc played on a more talented team his assists would be up but he’d still be a scoring point guard. All this hating on Judah if he could see it would only serve as fuel for him. But then again perhaps not because he only knows his worth and is very confident in his abilities. Question I have for all you doubters is would you rather he was not in the team? Lastly, to say Judah was shut down by Reece Beekman is simply untrue. Even Beekman admitted that he was a tough cover and that he had help in guarding him which was a very classy thing to say. And this is from a guy who went up against him at the NBA combine. That was a bad game for Judah but it wasn’t all his fault. They kept running the same offense which wasn’t working. The coaches gotta take some of that blame. Every time he got the ball they hard hedged to take the ball out of his hand. Maybe some guard on guard screens might have helped, and certainly some better outside shooting would have helped. Hopefully that will happen next time we play them. I tend to think so. Red will definitely make some adjustments from last game and Judah will have a much better game. In the final analysis Judah will be in the NBA next year. Where he goes is still up in the air, but I’m sure he’s gonna surprise all you naysayers.
Sorry that you have to deal with some of the morons on here. I for one am a huge fan of Judah. He’s an amazing point guard. Extremely talented scorer and just knows how to ball. It’s unfortunate to say but the people on here who always have something negative to say when it’s not warranted are garbage fans and I can promise you they don’t represent our fan base as a whole.. they criticize our guys even when it’s clearly unwarranted. I saw a lot of talk that he’s not a leader. Not a leader… really? Everyone loves playing with them and it shows on the court.. It’s just laughable. Sorry you have to deal with us. But I can promise you a majority of Syracuse fans, and not the ones that sit on message boards all day typing out their crappy opinions that NOBODY cares about loves Judah. He’s got a fan for life in me. We will miss him a lot when he’s gone.

Sad thread he’s scoring 20/night and shooting 42% from 3. Still dishes it fine but we need him to score his cast is pretty erratic our teams just not that good still even if it’s improving and Judah to the line is a good possession.

Disappointed he’s not getting more love in here I think it’s ridiculous and pathetic the entire first round are mostly losers on G league unite or overrated foreigners.

If you told people back in May that Mintz would be shooting 42% from three everyone would think he’d be a lock for lottery. Not slipping to a lower position than he was a year ago.
Facts!!!

I laugh when I see people say he won’t get the same calls In the nba, the bitching will get him less calls, etc. are we watching the same nba? Where some of the top players I.e Giannis, Luka, Lebron, etc are doing just as much of it. I feel like people I’m here are wayyyyy to extreme on their side of Black or white. He *may* be able to sneak into a first round spot but I suspect Judah goes one of those higher compensated 2nd round draft slots where teams think they have someone who is more developed to play right away, can control in terms of contract a little better.
If you are comparing Judah to those guys, I am at a loss. Superstars get calls. Other guys do not. Judah would be an other guy.

Can anyone name a single game he “won” for us, like the greats of 10-15 years ago?

I can’t.

Being an out of control human cruise missile doesn’t translate to the NBA (nor Europe) because players are bigger, stronger men. Shooting is key. Without his FT, he’s got what, 8 PPG?

Rebounds? Steals? Assists? Turnovers… (ratio isn’t that bad)
Pretty much all of our wins the last two years? We don’t really have an offense without him most of the time.

Pretty much all of our wins the last two years? We don’t really have an offense without him most of the time.
The Locked on ACC podcast said we'd be competing with the ACC basement dwellers if Judah didn't come back. Might be a little harsh, but I tend to agree with the sentiment. Without him, there's no doubt some wins would be losses.

Yup, he’s exactly the same as those three guys.

Are we really making these comparisons?

Want to respond to dad but not today.
Judah’s dad is not on this chat. He wouldn’t dignify it. The responses you see are from his grandfather. Do yourself a favor and look at where he sits in ACC stats. That is if you can find your way to it. Then go find Beekman’s comments on Judah after the UVA game where he admits he had help guarding him which was very classy on his part since a lot of people where quick to conclude that he shut him down by himself. He also said he was one of the toughest guys to guard at the combine.

Want to respond to dad but not today.
Most of the criticism has been constructive. Everyone wishes Judah the best and are merely voicing their opinions on what he needs to do to be a solid 1st rounder and to get his teammates more involved. The meat of the season (ACC) begins this weekend. We have some solid teams on the schedule so it will be interesting to see how he and the team play against teams like Duke, NC, Clemson and Miami, including the individual matchup against solid ACC guards and what was learned/changed since the Virginia game.

So his claim to a first round pick is that "he was our entire offense the past two years."

Okay. A role player. That's not first round.

So his claim to a first round pick is that "he was our entire offense the past two years."

Okay. A role player. That's not first round.
I wasn’t arguing for him to be a first round pick. Simply answering the question that you posed.

I wasn’t arguing for him to be a first round pick. Simply answering the question that you posed.
got it - thank you.

Listen - I love Judah.
I just don't see him in the same vein as others.

The last few games JJ and Quaddy have stepped up while Judah has rested. And the dynamics are a lot different. But, Judah is generally the Engine. Maybe they can name some candy after him.

I wish him well always but I think he’s Johnny Flynn 2.0 in the league unfortunately. I hope he makes Flynn type of money but he’s stuck in between so many things
Can’t compare anyone to Flynn unless they get a career altering injury. Flynn could have easily had a long productive career if not for the injury as well as the botch job fixing it by the T Wolves. Had a great first season in the league pre-hip injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom