Mintz to NBA Draft | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Mintz to NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the last comments I’ll make regarding my grandson. And then I’m done with this board. I don’t know whether Judah will go in the first round or not. But I won’t be surprised if he does. What I do believe is that he’ll be drafted and will have a long and successful career. If he goes in the second round, perhaps early to mid, some team will get a steal. As talented as he is, it’s his extraordinary work ethics and competitiveness that will take him far. He’s always overcome the odds. When guys like Keyonte George who he gave a 30 piece to and JJ Starling who he gave 27 to in high school were 5 stars and McDonald All Americans, he never felt inferior to them. He always believed in himself and continues to do so. He’s been working hard since he was 5 years old, and there’s nothing that will stop him from achieving his dream save some sort of injury, God forbid! The people that Judah and his family are talking to are far more knowledgeable than y’all NBA wannabe evaluators, and that’s all that matters. Judah has areas to work on as does any player going into the league. Nobody is a perfect player going in, nobody! But his family, friends and church community believes in him and he believes in himself. He’s a good player who’s gonna get better. And more importantly, and I tell him all the time, he’s as good a person as he is a basketball player if not better. God has marked his path as his other grandfather who was a pastor before he passed in September would often say. He just has to follow that path by playing to God’s glory, which he will while also dedicating this season to his deceased grandfather whom he honors by kneeling before every game. Selah!
Please keep it in perspective. Any and every Syracuse fan loves Judah. We are only discussing a few attributes that cold elevate him to elite/world class that all of us can only dream of (playing basketball). It’s very rare territory.
Also please keep posting.

These are the last comments I’ll make regarding my grandson. And then I’m done with this board. I don’t know whether Judah will go in the first round or not. But I won’t be surprised if he does. What I do believe is that he’ll be drafted and will have a long and successful career. If he goes in the second round, perhaps early to mid, some team will get a steal. As talented as he is, it’s his extraordinary work ethics and competitiveness that will take him far. He’s always overcome the odds. When guys like Keyonte George who he gave a 30 piece to and JJ Starling who he gave 27 to in high school were 5 stars and McDonald All Americans, he never felt inferior to them. He always believed in himself and continues to do so. He’s been working hard since he was 5 years old, and there’s nothing that will stop him from achieving his dream save some sort of injury, God forbid! The people that Judah and his family are talking to are far more knowledgeable than y’all NBA wannabe evaluators, and that’s all that matters. Judah has areas to work on as does any player going into the league. Nobody is a perfect player going in, nobody! But his family, friends and church community believes in him and he believes in himself. He’s a good player who’s gonna get better. And more importantly, and I tell him all the time, he’s as good a person as he is a basketball player if not better. God has marked his path as his other grandfather who was a pastor before he passed in September would often say. He just has to follow that path by playing to God’s glory, which he will while also dedicating this season to his deceased grandfather whom he honors by kneeling before every game. Selah!
Are you under the impression that Judah isn't loved here? He is. When it was rumored that he may come here instead of Depaul, it was the highlight of our year last year. The board was packed waiting his decision. And as the poster above said, this is nuance. Nothing more. Keep posting.

That’s my jam! I looked for a gif of Pitch Perfect when I originally posted.
somebody had an Anna Kendrick photo here as their avatar under a tag line that went something like "Anna Kendrick's boyfriend." IMHO, it might have been the finest avatar in the history of this board!

I just wonder how well the "as if he was hit by a truck" and get to the line game will work in the NBA.

(Again, this is our amateur analysis of his prospects of being a high NBA draft choice. It has nothing to do with how good a college player he is, where would we be without him, do we like and appreciate him, etc. etc. I hope he becomes an NBA 1st round draft choice and so does everyone here.)

Last edited:
I, for one love watching Judah play. It has been a very long time since Syracuse has had a player who is as exciting to watch as he is.

I don’t think it is a question that he is a special player.

The OP asked what he could do to move from the second round of the draft to the first.

He is projected to be drafted mid-second round, or about the 45 th player to be drafted.

per google 450 million people worldwide play the sport of basketball.

that is truly amazing.

Are there parts of his game that can be improved, most certainly.

But please keep this in perspectiv.

we are not degrading Judah, just discussing what he may have to do to climb 15 spots to make it to the first round.

I would rather he not get drafted so he could stay at Syracuse for two more years.
Perfect post. Thank you for articulating it, would’ve been word for word if I wasn’t as high as I am.
Vin Diesel Family GIF by The Fast Saga

Judah getting no love for AA consideration so far despite 19.8/3.2/3.7/2.2. I guess he will need some big games vs the UNC's and the Duke's and we will need to find a way to shut down the RJ Davis's, the Armando Bacot's and the Kyle Filipkowski's.

As the person who started the thread, I'd like to end by saying that I am a huge Judah fan. My intention was to start a constructive critical conversation as to why at this point he is still seen as a 2nd rounder and what can he do to move up to the first round. You being a family member who loves Judah, I can understand how this discussion hurts you, but we are all rooting for him. Yes, he will get a shot even as a 2nd rounder, but as fans of Judah and the program, we would all love for him to move into the 1st round where he belongs and lock into a multi-year guaranteed contract. Nothing but the best for the New Year!

I think I’ve posted this before elsewhere, but my NBA best case comp for Judah is Collin Sexton. Same height. Both combo guards. College stats are pretty similar. Not an elite shooter nor passer but still puts up numbers.

Sexton had about 15 lbs on Judah, which I think is his biggest issue right now in terms of draft status. His frame is way too light to compete night in and night out in the NBA. I was surprised he didn’t really bulk up much in the off-season, although maybe he’s one of those guys that really can’t, kind of like Hak.

I think I’ve posted this before elsewhere, but my NBA best case comp for Judah is Collin Sexton. Same height. Both combo guards. College stats are pretty similar. Not an elite shooter nor passer but still puts up numbers.

Sexton had about 15 lbs on Judah, which I think is his biggest issue right now in terms of draft status. His frame is way too light to compete night in and night out in the NBA. I was surprised he didn’t really bulk up much in the off-season, although maybe he’s one of those guys that really can’t, kind of like Hak.
Yeah, you can tell Judah hits the weight room, but adding weight may be an issue.

This is a thread about his draft status. Please feel free to start your own Judah appreciation thread
And you alone have decided that anything positive isn’t appropriate in this thread about his draft status? Posting appreciation is inappropriate? Hmm

No.

His college comp as of right now for upside to be a first rounder is Jeff Teague.

But he’d have to become a better shooter (should happen when not splitting time between practice and Geology 105) and focus more on second-level decision-making and up his assists and be more efficient.

He also needs to add at least ten pounds.

And you alone have decided that anything positive isn’t appropriate in this thread about his draft status? Posting appreciation is inappropriate? Hmm

The NBA is insanely hard to make. It’s never been more talented. Ever. I don’t want to hear anyone on this board come at me with some BS early 90s or 80s and how good the NBA was. And he’s trying to make it at a position that is stacked across the board. And please realize this is against college competition that’s never been so watered down bc of guys leaving early, the portal, international players and the g league and what not.

Literally go through the NBA teams.

You can rack up compliments for what Judah does well. I love that he came back. I think he’s a baller. How that applies to the NBA is totally different.

It’s apples and hand grenades.

Do I think he can stick in the nba? Yes. But he has real work to do to get there.

Enjoy him at Syracuse and hope to god he sticks in the NBA bc we desperately need guys to.

His best landing spots as of now would be San Antonio, Utah, New Orleans and maybe some wildcard like the Lakers or Suns.

No.

His college comp as of right now for upside to be a first rounder is Jeff Teague.

But he’d have to become a better shooter (should happen when not splitting time between practice and Geology 105) and focus more on second-level decision-making and up his assists and be more efficient.

He also needs to add at least ten pounds.

Lol ok. Look at Sexton’s draft profile. If there was no name at the top, you’d literally think they were talking about Judah.

Lol ok. Look at Sexton’s draft profile. If there was no name at the top, you’d literally think they were talking about Judah.

Athleticism is on a different plane and defensive ferociousness is also. Shifts gear with force, etc.

So, no. I wouldn’t. I watched Sexton.

Two vastly different players.

Athleticism is on a different plane and defensive ferociousness is also. Shifts gear with force, etc.

So, no. I wouldn’t. I watched Sexton.

Two vastly different players.

I watched plenty of Sexton myself. Aside from defensive intensity and about 10-15 lbs, there’s not much difference in their college games. Yeah he’s probably a more explosive raw athlete, but Judah is no slouch himself. You act like I’m comparing Billy Edelin to him.

I watched plenty of Sexton myself. Aside from defensive intensity and about 10-15 lbs, there’s not much difference in their college games. Yeah he’s probably a more explosive raw athlete, but Judah is no slouch himself. You act like I’m comparing Billy Edelin to him.

So besides half the game, a significant gain in weight and a little thing like explosive athleticism, they are the same, got it.

Sexton went 8th.

This is going to be one of the worst drafts in history. You think Judah is going 8th? Again, this is going to be one of the worst drafts in history, he should have every opportunity to prove me wrong.

And, again, it’s not that he can’t stick in the nba or be drafted. But these comparisons aren’t apt.

Again, appreciate his talent and his time at Syracuse. Hope to god he can stick in the nba bc we need it.

I literally hope I’m wrong, but the comparison to sexton isn’t realistic imo. Happy to be wrong, again.

You get him in the second round in a team that needs a PG (one of the very few) and a good organization and he may flourish.

In the mean time, I hope he kicks the every living giddy up out of every team in front of us and makes a tourney run. I love him. Root like hell for him. Love his fire. But the NBA is a different beast.

So besides half the game, a significant gain in weight and a little thing like explosive athleticism, they are the same, got it.

Sexton went 8th.

This is going to be one of the worst drafts in history. You think Judah is going 8th? Again, this is going to be one of the worst drafts in history, he should have every opportunity to prove me wrong.

And, again, it’s not that he can’t stick in the nba or be drafted. But these comparisons aren’t apt.

Again, appreciate his talent and his time at Syracuse. Hope to god he can stick in the nba bc we need it.

I literally hope I’m wrong, but the comparison to sexton isn’t realistic imo. Happy to be wrong, again.

You get him in the second round in a team that needs a PG (one of the very few) and a good organization and he may flourish.

In the mean time, I hope he kicks the every living giddy up out of every team in front of us and makes a tourney run. I love him. Root like hell for him. Love his fire. But the NBA is a different beast.

I didn’t say that at all. I said it was his best case comp. I’m trying to find dudes comparable to him that actually had success in the league. I’m not trying to compare him to some other random second rounder that had a cup of coffee in the league.

I’ve watched the NBA for 30+ years (and probably watch it more than college at this point). You don’t have to tell me how difficult it is to stick in the league. I have zero delusions of grandeur that Judah is a top 10 pick. I’m merely looking at a successful guy in the league with similar measurables and characteristics to Judah who played a fairly similar style to Judah in his one year in college. It’s not as outrageous as your outright dismissal makes it to be.

He’s not ready. He has tons of talent and skill but it takes more than that. His shooting is still inconsistent for college yet alone the NBA. I think mentally he thinks he’s better than he really is, hence testing the waters last year. Theres no rush , get better, work on your game and have fun while doing so Judah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom