Mintz to NBA Draft | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Mintz to NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not the issue at hand. Judah is a fine college player. We might well be worse without him. (Especially with JJ’s slow start.)
The question is his NBA draft chances.
The NBA is full of guys who, for the most part, are among the top 1% of athletes in the world. Add to that is the fact that collectively, they are probably the tallest single collective of humans in the world.
At that scale, Judah is a small, average athlete.
If he can become a playmaker defender who scores, he will find a place in the association. (He should pattern his game after Tony Parker or Chris Paul. Let others score, and pick your spots.)
His extreme confidence in himself as a scorer may actually hurt in that sense. If his team scores, it does better, and he believes he is the best chance to score. In any given possession, that is probably true, but his chances would increase exponentially if the defense had to worry about 4-5 other threats.
I am glad he chose SU. For me, vlbeing an all time great or favorite at SU has nothing to do with getting drafted. Judah is already there for me. He the single player in his class that kept the program afloat and relevant until Red took over.
Chris Paul is one of the highest scoring point guards in history, number 2 or 3.

I don't think many college sports fans like it, but nothing we can do about it (other than stop watching, which isn't an option for me - at least right now - I look forward to watching every game played). Eventually, there will be a correction. The current landscape just isn't sustainable.
The supreme court has made it clear that college athletes will forever receive compensation.
Right now schools (donors) with deep pockets will always attract better prospects out
of the portal or high school. Schools are in an arms race, with 18-21 year old athletes
as the prize.

I don't see anything at this point to change that. Legislation at the national level
could be an answer, but then again our law makers have a way of making a bad
situation worse.

Last edited:
Isiah Wong was the ACC Player of the Year last year, 3rd team all-American and even he was a 2nd round draft pick. Hasn’t played a single game in the NBA this year. Judah might want to seriously consider coming back for another season.

***edit: AND guided his team to the Final Four***

Last edited:
Where do we get these numbers from?Just curious
how a person finds out who gets what.
I was told by someone that would 100% know with Syracuse, I’m guessing first hand from players or coaches around the league, not sure though.

My post was a week ago so I dont recall the exact circumstances but I’m pretty sure I posted that after reading dozens of posts saying we would be better without him and who cares if he transfers etc. Which I find to be wild.

I also believe a ball dominant guard with his body who struggles to shoot 3s will have a tough time sticking in the nba.

He doesn't do enough to make other players around him better. He stops the ball on offense. He barely plays defense. If he's not getting foul calls on his drive, he's honestly nothing special.

He doesn't do enough to make other players around him better. He stops the ball on offense. He barely plays defense. If he's not getting foul calls on his drive, he's honestly nothing special.

He has talent. No doubt.

But he doesn’t fit into anything that the nba is looking for at the level it would need to be.

Also, PG/Combo Guard/Lead Guard — whatever we want to call it — is stacked in the NBA.

Last I checked, Givony had him as the 18th ranked PG. That’s not going to get you drafted.

The supreme court has made it clear that college athletes will forever receive compensation.
Right now schools (donors) with deep pockets will always attract better prospects out
of the portal or high school. Schools are in an arms race, with 18-21 year old athletes
as the prize.

I don't see anything at this point to change that. Legislation at the national level
could be an answer, but then again our law makers have a way of making a bad
situation worse.
Of course they will continue to get paid but a correction of some sort will come. It's inevitable. Maybe in the form of oversight, rules, caps, etc. Who knows what it will be, but something will change.

Mintz - Draft watch​

ok. speaking of watches. i used to do a demonstration at my basketball clinics where i would show the players a phillipe patek watch. the most accurate and finely engineered and tuned timepiece known to man. all of the precision crafted parts working perfectly in synch with the others to create...well chronometric harmony.
i then would take my hammer and smash it to bits , lay all the smattered pieces out before their bewildered eyes and shout "what is it now ??? it's useless junk !!! do you get it ? teamwork makes it precious ...teamwork dammit !"
i was fired later that afternoon. evidently 3 of those watches cost the school $20K each . but i like to think i made a difference to those kids. TEAMWORK DAMMIT!
you can't put a price on that.

Last edited:

Mintz - Draft watch​

ok. speaking of watches. i used to do a demonstration at my basketball clinics where i would show the players a phillipe patek watch. the most accurate and finely engineered and tuned timepiece known to man. all of the precision crafted parts working perfectly in synch with the others to create...well chronometric harmony.
i then would take my hammer and smash it to bits , lay all the smattered pieces out before their bewildered eyes and shout "what is it now ??? it's useless junk !!! do you get it ? teamwork makes it precious ...teamwork dammit !"
i was fired later that afternoon. evidently 3 of those watches cost the school $20K each . but i like to think i made a difference to those kids. TEAMWORK DAMMIT!

What the…all ok?

Mintz - Draft watch​

If Bobby Knight was doing some rails before coming out to the kids at the clinic I would expect this exact scenario.

Best case scenario. People need to get over what issues they have with him and root for him to get drafted and somehow do well in the pros. It is best for the program and he is orange.
I hope he had a great career playing basketball. I think a lot of fans will appreciate him more as time goes on

Mike Waters:

Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Chris Paul is one of the highest scoring point guards in history, number 2 or 3.
So you agree that he would be a good player for Judah to pattern his game after.

Last edited:
Judah was great for the fans and always stopped, signed autographs. Flashed a winning smile. He represented team well. Style didn’t mesh in the end with what Red wanted but still a gamer. Will root for him (since he’s not going to Georgetown).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom