MLB 2022 Lockout | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

MLB 2022 Lockout

Sad about losing Freddie Freeman but this takes the sting out

Universal DH is better for the game.

NL teams can resign their guys if they are afraid of their defense slipping.

Pitchers can’t hit. Plus the fact the WS waa played under 2 sets of rules was dumb.
It’s like if the Western conference in the NBA had a 4point line and the Eastern conference didn’t and then games were played by different rules.

Universal DH is good for baseball.
Nope, it’s not like that at all. Your revised analogy is still closer to arguing against ballparks having different dimensions. A fly ball at Dodger Stadium is a home run in Cincinnati.

The DH in the NBA would be like having Middleton shoot free throws for Giannis.

You think you have pain. I live in Baltimore. The O's won 52 games last season. They didn't win a third of their games. Their pitching sucks so bad there isn't even a word to describe it. When they blow a 6 run lead in the 9th there's no pain because you expected it.

The only good thing is Jim Palmer does the TV color for half the games. His memory for baseball minutiae is unbelievable.

You think you have pain. I live in Baltimore. The O's won 52 games last season. They didn't win a third of their games. Their pitching sucks so bad there isn't even a word to describe it. When they blow a 6 run lead in the 9th there's no pain because you expected it.

The only gooly the best d thing is Jim Palmer does the TV color for half the games. His memory for baseball minutiae is unbelievable.
Announcers can make all the difference. I love Kruk and Kuip (Mike Krukow & Duane Kuiper) doing the Giants broadcast. For me, Madden was probably the best of them all. The MNF crew (early on) was greatly entertaining.

Nope, it’s not like that at all. Your revised analogy is still closer to arguing against ballparks having different dimensions. A fly ball at Dodger Stadium is a home run in Cincinnati.

The DH in the NBA would be like having Middleton shoot free throws for Giannis.
Pitching is an entirely different endeavor than hitting or fielding. It’s so different in fact that not having a DH is more like having Tom Brady kick field goals

No Way GIF

OrangeDW we stole your closer!

Hate it. Seager and Jansen….two career long Dodgers, gone. Guess it’s just the way of pro sports. At least we kept Kershaw…for now.

As a fan, if a “mercenary” (c) CuseHulk flops in the playoffs, like Trae Turner last year - I just get pissed at them. If a long time Dodger like Jansen gives up a big homer, I don’t get pissed at him, I just feel bad for him.

As a fan, if a “mercenary” (c) CuseHulk flops in the playoffs, like Trae Turner last year - I just get pissed at them. If a long time Dodger like Jansen gives up a big homer, I don’t get pissed at him, I just feel bad for him.
I end up rooting hard for the players other fans pile-on (often the mercenaries). Over the years, fan-punching bags like A-Rod, and more recently, Stanton and Hicks have become my favorites.

I end up rooting hard for the players other fans pile-on (often the mercenaries). Over the years, fan-punching bags like A-Rod, and more recently, Stanton and Hicks have become my favorites.
When Jansen was getting booed a few years ago when he had one horrific week, I was unloading on Dodgers fans on Twitter. Best closer in franchise history and an absolute model of consistency and these goofballs turn on him over a few games? He quickly bounced back strong too, and had one of his best seasons last year.

I pretty much hate most sports fans. Most know absolutely nothing anymore.

MLB and the Players Association have reached a tentative agreement to expand rosters from 26 to 28 players through May 1 to compensate in some way for a 3 1/2-week spring training, The Post has learned.

In addition, the deal also essentially has a Shohei Ohtani rule with the designated hitter becoming universal in the new collective bargaining agreement. The new rule stipulates that if the starting pitcher is also hitting in the lineup, then that player remains as the DH even if he is pulled from the start. Thus, if Ohtani, say, pitched five innings, he would still hit through the entire game. This rule is for the life of the new CBA, not just for 2022 and the hope is to promote more two-way players.

The deal also includes a return to using the “ghost” runner in extra innings, but only for 2022. In addition, there will be no more seven-inning double-headers. There will be a return to nine-inning games in those situations.

Hate it. Seager and Jansen….two career long Dodgers, gone. Guess it’s just the way of pro sports. At least we kept Kershaw…for now.

You will be rooting for Freeman though, right?

You will be rooting for Freeman though, right?
Of course. I root for the Dodgers. He’s a great player and seems like a good guy.

My “favorites” tend to be the guys who came up as Dodgers or those who have been there forever(like Turner), though.

Mookie won me over really quickly though, that’s for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom