More changes | Syracusefan.com

More changes

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Hicks will move to other sports. Brotski and Robunson let go as Babers brings in his own guys for those positions. No SU alum. Starting new. Feel bad for Robinson, he only got to spend 1 year at his alma mater and did a great job. I'm sure he'll land on his feet. Supposedly has already heard from a few D1 programs. Brotski I'm sure can find something else too. He's kind of a jack of all trades in the football office. Hicks survives at SU but in a non football role. Wonder if he's gonna stay?

Hicks will move to other sports. Brotski and Robunson let go as Babers brings in his own guys for those positions. No SU alum. Starting new. Feel bad for Robinson, he only got to spend 1 year at his alma mater and did a great job. I'm sure he'll land on his feet. Supposedly has already heard from a few D1 programs. Brotski I'm sure can find something else too. He's kind of a jack of all trades in the football office. Hicks survives at SU but in a non football role. Wonder if he's gonna stay?
Why not just clean house? Does Hicks have pull?

Not sure why you get rid of Robinson. Don't like that. Kid did good work.

OburgOrange said:
Why not just clean house? Does Hicks have pull?

Football is cleaning house.

jr4750 said:
Not sure why you get rid of Robinson. Don't like that. Kid did good work.

Babers is bringing in his DFO from BG.

Have they written checks? I understand liking a guy, I understand their loyalty, I hate to dismiss their feelings, and I hope this doesn't turn them away from the University, but this is a different type of conditioning they need. A different type from what many here have decried. Change is hard. I get it. But change can be good.

Have they written checks? I understand liking a guy, I understand their loyalty, I hate to dismiss their feelings, and I hope this doesn't turn them away from the University, but this is a different type of conditioning they need. A different type from what many here have decried. Change is hard. I get it. But change can be good.
I definitely think Hicks needed to go, probably a few years ago. Generous of the university to move him to another position instead of releasing him outright.

I will say this I didn't know Hicks has been around 15 years. Our teams from 2005-2008 were out of shape under Greg Robinson. I vividly remember Doug Marrone talking about how out if shape several OL were and the new methods to get them in better condition.

The 2012 OL are standing by him but I support Babers decision.

Not a fan of Hicks and glad he is moving to another sport at the Cuse.

I will say this I didn't know Hicks has been around 15 years. Our teams from 2005-2008 were out of shape under Greg Robinson. I vividly remember Doug Marrone talking about how out if shape several OL were and the new methods to get them in better condition.

The 2012 OL are standing by him but I support Babers decision.
Robinson told Hicks to basically stay away from his players or so I heard. Wasn't Hicks fault during the Gerg era.

Wow, hicks definitely does not look the part of the strength and conditioning coach.

Honestly, this might be best case scenario. Hicks isn't fired, but Dino gets his own guy. Should, hopefully, be win/win.

Agreed. Like Hicks or not, the S&C Dino needs is just different. Bad form to start off pissing off a bunch of people by canning him. This way, hicks can still be there, and if he doesn't like it he has a cushion to find work elsewhere.

Well that was fast moving for Brotski since i had dinner with him lastnight. Good guy his youngest son is going to be a stud qb.

Dino just started following beloved, long time Texas SID John Bianco. Maybe he's eyeing him for one of these roles?

Babers just got the biggest job of his life in his 50s (and probably his last stop) based a lot on what he has done in the past 4 or 5 years. He would be stupid not to surround himself with any and everyone that he feels got him here. He's not going to keep anyone around because they have former players waxing poetically for them or because somebody has pulled a couple of recruits out of NJ.

People act like SU is killing it in NJ when they are still pulling the second tier (not bad players just not the top 20 in NJ) guys that Babers should be able to pull himself (especially on offense). I have a feeling Babers will be the best recruiting HC SU has had based on personality and style and I trust he surrounds himself with similar people. There are not a lot of recruits left to pull for this year anyway so by the time the next cycle starts Babers will have had a year to showcase his direction for the program.

You cannot want change and they question change even when it is non-on-the-field positions like Brotski held. Bob was the first guy I met at SU and a great person but this is a business and nothing less.