More Great Performances Tonight | Syracusefan.com

More Great Performances Tonight

anomander

Living Legend
Where to start? Our offense seems to really be clicking. Also good to see our guys knocking down free throws. We are much better then what we showed to open the season.

Tyler Ennis - He has had some solid performances to start his career, but tonight was his break out game. Again he is in total control of the game. He is one of those guys who you feel can take his man to the basket whenever he wants to. That's the type of player we need on this team. Also nice to see him finally knock down some shots. Everyone that follows recruiting, and his HS career, knows he is a good shooter. He just let the rest of the country know tonight. Hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg

Jerami Grant - Another kid had a breakout game. Was a monster on the glass, grabbing several mans man rebounds. Was constantly over the rim the rim, I kept feeling he was going to smack his head. He is another kid who I feel can consistently knock down 15-17 foot jumpers once he sees a few go in during the game. I have watched this kid shoot around and he literally will knock down 15 straight all day long. Finally nice to see it transition to the game

Trevor Cooney - Another huge night for Cooney. He is making everyone who was saying he would be recruited over look stupid, especially yours truly. I've never been more happy to be wrong about something in my life. He looks like a totally different player. He is another one who you feel is going to make the shot every time he takes it. What a far cry from last season. Keep em coming Trevor

Couple other random thoughts

CJ will still get his points, but we're probably going to see games like this from him this season. There is nothing wrong with it, that's what happens when you are the go to guy. You have to be more aggressive, therefore your FG% takes a hit. Even with putting up great numbers he looks a little out of snyc from prior years. I felt like I could count on my hand the number of open 15 footers he missed last season, especially ones he gets to take 1 dribble into.

On nights like this where Rak, and Baye to an extent aren't that productive, I would like to see DC get some more burn. I felt he was solid defensively tonight, minus the 1 time he got beat down the court. He is really our only true low post scoring threat, and our best rebounder. It's just tough being forced to sit for long periods at a time, and then be asked to come in and produce, especially for a young kid. Hopefully DC continues to develop and earn JB's trust

Another night without the Freshman. I was pretty confident they weren't going to play much, but I wasn't expecting them to get DNP's. A couple spot minutes at least in the first half wouldn't hurt for their development. Then again I guess that's why we love JB, and he has 900+ wins. He plays to win now, and worries about the future later.

Anyways onto the Championship game, let's bring home our 3rd Maui title

Trevor Cooney - Another huge night for Cooney. He is making everyone who was saying he would be recruited over look stupid, especially yours truly. I've never been more happy to be wrong about something in my life. He looks like a totally different player. He is another one who you feel is going to make the shot every time he takes it. What a far cry from last season. Keep em coming Trevor

Great post. And props to you. Not everyone on here can admit when they might have been wrong about something.

The Cooney-to-Grant inbound worked so well - two Cooney threes when #24 cheated off the perimeter (the second one a really tough shot, barely set inbounds), and one Grant drive and-one when #24 stayed glued to Cooney and didn't cut off Grant's lane to the hoop.

Grant in particular played very well. Still a little too eager to take it inside rather than pop from 15', but outstanding on the defensive glass and much better (not just scoring) with the ball in his hands. Best game of his young career - better than Notre Dame last season.

Glad to see Tyler starting to get into some scoring flow. With the 5 being a weak spot (scoring); we need as many "hands on deck" as possible. I think that Tyler needs to be a distributor first; however, it's good to see him finally taking it to the hole, finish & score when the opportunity presents itself.

Although Silent G had a pretty ineffective game, how often has our backcourt scored over 50 in a game in recent years?

BMK had two sweet assists but getting 3 boards from the 5 is not going to cut it going forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom