Most athletic Boeheim players | Syracusefan.com

Most athletic Boeheim players

Eric15

Living Legend
What other players during Boeheim's tenure had the raw athleticism of Roberson in terms of speed, strength, leaping ability, agility, etc.? Dave Johnson came to mind of me. Who else is in that elite group?

Being that I'm 23, I can't comment on the old guys, but I'd say the most athletic I've seen has been Jerami Grant and Flynn.

Hakim, Wes, and Jerami are definitely on this list.

I know Hak was a tremendous leaper, but was he really an elite athlete all-around?

Grant definitely. I never thought of Owens as an elite athlete -- I thought he was more crafty with a high basketball IQ, similar to Melo.
TBH, Melo was a very underrated athlete. He's lost half a step now, but his combination of strength, quickness, and a really good double jump (how quick you can jump again after landing) at his height made him really exceptional. I think people just forget because of how smooth and skilled he was.

Pound for pound the best athlete I'd say is Jonny Flynn

What other players during Boeheim's tenure had the raw athleticism of Roberson in terms of speed, strength, leaping ability, agility, etc.? Dave Johnson came to mind of me. Who else is in that elite group?
Dave Johnson was the first player I thought of. Another is Rock Lloyd.

I'm having a brain fart...who was the skinny 6'8" kid (had a nice "J" also) from Rochester that could jump out of the Gym?

Going waaay back, Dale Shackleford is one of the best athletes I've ever seen. He would have made a great NFL tight end.

I'm having a brain fart...who was the skinny 6'8" kid (had a nice "J" also) from Rochester that could jump out of the Gym?

John Wallace?

Dave Johnson was the first player I thought of. Another is Rock Lloyd.

Going waaay back, Dale Shackleford is one of the best athletes I've ever seen. He would have made a great NFL tight end.

Damone Brown?

Grant, Hak, Wes, Melo, Stevie Thompson come to mind. Arguments could be made for Kris Joseph and Rak, too. Lydon shouldn't be left off the list either.

Damone Brown?
Yep...DB! Thanks, now I'll be able to sleep tonight.

EDIT: I just remembered the name...TONY SCOTT. DB is from Buffalo which didn't sit right with me. TS is from Rochester like I mentioned above. Great athlete, explosive jumper.

Last edited:
Derek Brower.

Agree with Stevie, Flynn, Hak, Harris. Tony Scott could jump through the gym as well

Grant, Hak, Wes, Melo, Stevie Thompson come to mind. Arguments could be made for Kris Joseph and Rak, too. Lydon shouldn't be left off the list either.

you serve up a great meal til dessert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom