Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

We still in good shape ?
I thought this was a done deal after midnight madness then again after the Duke game. So I'm staying away from any outlook of his recruitment until he finally commits lol.

What's up with these kids? Seton hall? Rutgers?
I guess the pitch must be "so what if we lose a lot, come in and take as many shots as you want."
manny.png

What's the deal with this kid? It seems pretty clear that he's a priority--why hasn't he pulled the trigger?

What's the deal with this kid? It seems pretty clear that he's a priority--why hasn't he pulled the trigger?
I believe it's the coach. Wants him to take all his visits and make sure that SU is his best fit for him. I think he'll end up in orange in the long run.

From a link Whitey provided:

"When asked if Syracuse was a favorite of his right now, Diagne declined to put any school in front of the other.

“I will still open up my process to every school so I’m going to see where I end up before next season,” he said.

Diagne stated he will probably make his decision either this upcoming summer or before his basketball season begins next school year. There was no mention of any upcoming visits on the docket for Diagne."

Saw on twitter Red and possibly JB will be in Sparta today to visit Diagne.
They both should start visiting with all the 2015 and 2016 recruiting targets that Hop was handling (Bryant, Battle, etc). These kids have a relationship with Hop to a much greater degree than they do with SU.

They both should start visiting with all the 2015 and 2016 recruiting targets that Hop was handling (Bryant, Battle, etc). These kids have a relationship with Hop to a much greater degree than they do with SU.

Absolutely!

Is Diagne a 'must get' type recruit? Saw that he measured in at 6'7". Without much in terms of an offensive game, is he a super high priority? Seems like Bryant would be the much better get. How goes it?

Is Diagne a 'must get' type recruit? Saw that he measured in at 6'7". Without much in terms of an offensive game, is he a super high priority? Seems like Bryant would be the much better get. How goes it?
http://syracusefan.com/threads/moustapha-diagne.43962/page-9#post-911795
You can check out one of the last game reviews that I did on him in the link above. He measured at 6'8, 250, 7'3 wingspan last summer. Still could be growing if his age is legit? Playing wise he has better skills in the low post than Bryant, and would give the team their first legit low post offensive player since Slick Rick Jackson left. Bryant is taller and has a nice inside/out game as he has range that extend out to the 3pt line. Both would be great fits, but Bryant has an edge in terms of the intangibles and leadership. He's a player that not only plays with great emotion that will rub off on his team, but is also a great teammate who is always encouraging and cheering on his guys.

I subscribe to PrepStars recruiting report. While they're not always right in their info they have a pretty decent track record. In their latest they are citing Villanova as the leader for Diagne with Cincinnati as also a strong player, then SU. Had felt good about our chances with him but given his delay in committing, and then this info, not so sure now.

I subscribe to PrepStars recruiting report. While they're not always right in their info they have a pretty decent track record. In their latest they are citing Villanova as the leader for Diagne with Cincinnati as also a strong player, then SU. Had felt good about our chances with him but given his delay in committing, and then this info, not so sure now.
Thanks for the info. IMO now that Bryant seems to be primarily a 5, I would much rather land him than Diagne, and mostly because of his motor and tenacity on the court, I really think we need a couple of players like that again. I wouldn't mind Diallo either but I don't think that will be happening.

We only have one scholarship though, no? How would we get both? Or is it two now with Grant gone
Ya, Diagne would make it 12 in 2015.

Howard, Richardson, Loden, ,McCullough, Joseph, Johnson, Obokoh, Patterson, Roberson, Coleman, Cooney

Of course, McCullough could leave after 1 and Coleman's knee issue is still out there.

Ya, Diagne would make it 12 in 2015.

Howard, Richardson, Loden, ,McCullough, Joseph, Johnson, Obokoh, Patterson, Roberson, Coleman, Cooney

Of course, McCullough could leave after 1 and Coleman's knee issue is still out there.
Roberson is 2 and gone.