Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

Ya, Diagne would make it 12 in 2015.

Howard, Richardson, Loden, ,McCullough, Joseph, Johnson, Obokoh, Patterson, Roberson, Coleman, Cooney

Of course, McCullough could leave after 1 and Coleman's knee issue is still out there.
You forgot Gbinije...makes it 12 in 2015 with 1 open spot.

Ok, I've looked everywhere for an interview or some video in which Diagne's name is said aloud by someone. No luck whatsoever. So... how, praytell is his last named pronounced?

Dee og nay?
Dy ahg nee?
Dane?
Di agg nay?

How about some help? Thanks in advance.

Tongue twisted in Ocala.

Ok, I've looked everywhere for an interview or some video in which Diagne's name is said aloud by someone. No luck whatsoever. So... how, praytell is his last named pronounced?

Dee og nay?
Dy ahg nee?
Dane?
Di agg nay?

How about some help? Thanks in advance.

Tongue twisted in Ocala.

Djeng.

Djeng.

Iommi, I certainly appreciate your response in effort to clarify the pronunciation of his name... however, I can't say that I'm entirely clear even with the tidbit you provided in your response to my inquiry.

Can I buy a vowel, or spin?

Is the "D" silent? We'd then have a silent G and a silent D.

or is it pronounced "jeng" or "Zheng"?

Whatever happened to the days of Wilt Chamberlin... or Larry Bird or Michael Jordan or even Dave Bing? Man, the game really has changed hasn't it? :noidea:

Last edited:
Iommi, I certainly appreciate your response in effort to clarify the pronunciation of his name... however, I can't say that I'm entirely clear even with the tidbit you provided in your response to my inquiry.

Can I buy a vowel, or spin?

Zjeng...the D is sort of silent with the beginning of the name sort of sounding like a Zhuh...with a roll of the tongue add the...eng... Think like you're saying a French word. Writing "Zjeng" is the best way to explain it. I'm trying.;) It's a Zhuh into an eng.

Zheng is right but to be clear there is no h sound. It's a Zh into the eng. ZHeng. Wish I could explain better what I hear when I say it.

Last edited:
Thank you gentlemen! I do believe I am now properly prepped to properly pronounce the perplexing pronunciation of our next prestigious personnel procurement!

pretty sure it is the same way you pronounce Gorgui Dieng's last name

I love how he's so adapt to using either hand to finish like it's nothing.
8x33u.jpg

I believe it's the coach. Wants him to take all his visits and make sure that SU is his best fit for him. I think he'll end up in orange in the long run.
Its that "long run" that frustrates us all.!! the long run .Say Syracuse NOW and become part of a quality program. Rutgers, Seton Hall are dog droppings in comparison. Especially Rutgers.Seton Hall has my respect in that they or it is a dinky school in the middle of one of NJ's finest garden spots for felony acts of all kinds.

He will annonce next Friday! Says Syracuse and Memphis are his favorites. He has not visited Memphis and doesent plan too. Sounds like he is ours to lose!
So is Bryant no longer a probable?

Nice to see everyone so confident. Memphis strikes me as very shady--I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch.