Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

Francis, if Diagne was to commit early, do you think that would have any affect on the recruitment of Bryant? There isn't a first come first serve with these two correct?
I know this wasn't for me (and if Francis contradicts this take his word, not mine lol)... but seems like Bryant and Diagne would be an either or situation. Have one F already in Lydon and both Bryant and Diagne are 4/5's. Seems like our 4th recruit would be a pg or at least a combo guard with Howard being at the current top of that wish list.

Last edited:
I know this wasn't for me (and if Francis contradicts this take his word, not mine lol)... but seems like Bryant and Diagne would be an either or situation. Have one F already in Lydon and both Bryant and Diagne are 4/5's. Seems like our 4th recruit would be a pg or at least a combo guard with Howard being at the current top of that wish list.
I concur.

So, I attempted to chart SU's used/available scholarships for the next few years, and was wondering, is it possible that they end up with a crazy class in 2015 of Lydon, Richardson, Diagne, Bryant, and Howard?

Right now, they have 11 schollies. They lose two (CJ, Keita) while adding three (Joseph, McCullough, Obokoh), getting
to 12.

Then they lose one (Xmas), and currently add two (Lydon, Richardson) to get to 13.

Assuming two if not all three of Grant, McCullough, and Ennis leave by 2015, that class would fit, but that might require one of if not several of them holding off on their commitment until spring of 2015.

A chance?

Kev

So, I attempted to chart SU's used/available scholarships for the next few years, and was wondering, is it possible that they end up with a crazy class in 2015 of Lydon, Richardson, Diagne, Bryant, and Howard?

Right now, they have 11 schollies. They lose two (CJ, Keita) while adding three (Joseph, McCullough, Obokoh), getting
to 12.

Then they lose one (Xmas), and currently add two (Lydon, Richardson) to get to 13.

Assuming two if not all three of Grant, McCullough, and Ennis leave by 2015, that class would fit, but that might require one of if not several of them holding off on their commitment until spring of 2015.

A chance?

Kev

This is helpful:

http://verbalcommits.com/schools/syracuse

to 12.

A chance?

Kev

I've asked a similar question. I believe that if Bryant/Diagne/whoever wanted to commit tomorrow, they would be able to. There is enough confidence from our staff that a spot will open up (from one of the three you mentioned above).

Pope John defeats St. Andrew's 62-49. They are now 5-1 on the season. Diagne had 14 points, 16 rebounds and 2 assists.
Moose Sighting.
2630421_G.jpg

If anybody in the NYC area is interested, Diagne's team will be playing Cardinal Hayes at Baruch College in the Big Apple Invitational next Monday at 6:30. Hayes is one of the best teams in the City and should be a good test for Diagne once again after his matchup against Diallo on Saturday. His recent numbers since the lackluster effort against St. Anthony's have been good, but means nothing imho if he can't duplicate that against top competition.

Francis, Tee, anyone else - from the clips and pictures I've seen, Diagne already looks to be very filled out and has a thick, mature frame...do you guys think he's pretty much peaked, physically? Or is there still room for growth, in the literal sense?

Francis, Tee, anyone else - from the clips and pictures I've seen, Diagne already looks to be very filled out and has a thick, mature frame...do you guys think he's pretty much peaked, physically? Or is there still room for growth, in the literal sense?
He weighed in last summer at 250lbs. I think at this point he is at a spot where you want him to stay where he's at or probably lose a few more lbs if anything to improve on his lateral quickness since he's currently being coached up to play the 4 as well. The biggest question/concern for me is about his age? They claim he's 17, but he looks much older and you never know what's legit or not with players from outside the US. If his age is as they say then I hope he can grow a few more inches to his current 6'8 height, but if he is indeed older then I think he's probably at his peak right now.

He weighed in last summer at 250lbs. I think at this point he is at a spot where you want him to stay where he's at or probably lose a few more lbs if anything to improve on his lateral quickness since he's currently being coached up to play the 4 as well. The biggest question/concern for me is about his age? They claim he's 17, but he looks much older and you never know what's legit or not with players from outside the US. If his age is as they say then I hope he can grow a few more inches to his current 6'8 height, but if he is indeed older then I think he's probably at his peak right now.
Yep, agree with this. When I saw him last year, he was head to head against Roberson. Same height at the time, and although Roberson was pretty built even in high school, Diagne was right there and certainly looked bulkier. At peak or close to it.

He is a full grown man. I stood two feet away from him and he's built like a defensive end. And as you said, no friggin way is he 17. He looks like I'm his mid 20s. I'm not saying he's that old, but he looks that old.

He is a full grown man. I stood two feet away from him and he's built like a defensive end. And as you said, no friggin way is he 17. He looks like I'm his mid 20s. I'm not saying he's that old, but he looks that old.
He's will play in his first year as a redshirted Master's degree.
Patric Young: Man that dude looks old.
Mike Rosario: Grandpa, what are you doing here?

Yeah I played baseball with one kid from the Dominican Republic last summer and he claimed that he was 17 but was 6'4'' 240 and had a full beard. Later on I find out from another one of his friends from the DR that he's in fact 23 so it does happen that the ages aren't indeed legit, not saying that this is the case which I'm really hoping isn't

Is there some rule about how old a player can be? Could this be a fun mid-season suspension situation?

Is there some rule about how old a player can be? Could this be a fun mid-season suspension situation?
Not 100% sure but I believe anything over 19 in regular HS ball is basically a no no. I remember last year BJ played against a team that had an African player who was about 20-21. He's now a freshman at Rutgers.

Not 100% sure but I believe anything over 19 in regular HS ball is basically a no no. I remember last year BJ played against a team that had an African player who was about 20-21. He's now a freshman at Rutgers.

That's mind boggling. I can see a kid who is 19 or so in PREP school. But a 20 year old in high school... competing in high school athletics???

not to derail this thread... but I am thinking about making this posterboard for the DUke game

Mufasa.jpg

with Mufasa Diagne written underneath.

thoughts?