Mrs. Wes Welker All Up in Ray Lewis' Face | Syracusefan.com

Mrs. Wes Welker All Up in Ray Lewis' Face

OrangeOnions

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!" Burns Welker said in a since-deleted post on her personal Facebook page.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162...ogizes-for-criticizing-ray-lewis-on-facebook/

And since I know it's board policy to always include a picture, here you go...

Anna-Burns-Welker.jpg

If that pic is of Mrs. Welker...well...damn!
Wes might want to stick to the sideline routes next weekend. But having her to nurse him back to health in the offseason wouldn't be too bad either. [EDIT- nevermind - was staring at the picture of Mrs. Welker more than reading the post and just assumed it was pregame trash talk. Reading later posts, I realized it was sour grapes after the loss. ]

And in X amount of years he'll do something even more stupid and the pundits will be saying who saw that coming. The complete and utter shock of doing steroids because a guy at that age is always in that kind of shape. People see what they want to see and that picture is certainly proves my point, that's what the writers see when they talk about ray ray. A lot of us see that as Welkers wife which is otherwise known as reality.

Can't wait until this guy's career is over so we no longer have to hear his self promoting BS. It's not "God's Will" that you were in the Super Bowl, Ray. I'm sure God has better things to do than help scum win a playoff game.

Lewis has been terrible in the playoffs, he shouldn't even be on the field.

speak the truth, yet have to apologize.

what happened to America??
Yet another casualty of our ridiculously PC biased cultured. Perception has trumped reality.

Sad that she apologized. She literally only recited facts.. I wish ESPN would remember them.

Agreed. He is a total disgrace to the game. Not sure if you saw it but after the denver game peyton was being interviewed and lewis came up to give him a hug and peyton looked like who is this guy with the flu. Rey is a scum bag period

Guy has the makings of a future politician. Knows when to turn on the bs for the cameras.

What was the purpose behind her saying it? What was to gain? I think it's petty for her to bring it up.

So what if Ray Lewis has 15 kids from 10 baby mamas? I'm not saying he is a saint...far from it. But short of petty revenge, her saying that serves no purpose other than to embarass Ray Lewis.

It was a vindictive act by a small person. That is what she is apoligizing for.

I think the tradition in professional sports is to be a gracious loser. She was probably told by her husband to and apologize, because even though she's entitled to her opinion, it reflects back on him.

What was the purpose behind her saying it? What was to gain? I think it's petty for her to bring it up.

So what if Ray Lewis has 15 kids from 10 baby mamas? I'm not saying he is a saint...far from it. But short of petty revenge, her saying that serves no purpose other than to embarass Ray Lewis.

It was a vindictive act by a small person. That is what she is apoligizing for.

I agree it does seem bitter and vindictive and it would have been a lot more fun if she did that before the game.

speak the truth, yet have to apologize.

what happened to America??

So, it's ok to be an obnoxious human being and judge someone else through the internet, but it's not ok to complain about that person's obnoxious statements?

No one is taking anyone's freedoms away. You can say anything you want.
But if you're going to say something stupid or judgmental, guess what - there's going to be some blowback.
Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom to be an idiot without consequences.

There's this common feeling among a lot of people (including on this board) that you can say anything you want and you're just 'being honest' or 'keeping it real' or 'telling it like it is' and it's your undeniable right to do that.
What is really is though is just a bizarre justification so you can be a shitty human being and not feel bad about yourself.

I'm sorry, what did she say again?

If you're going to be home for the Super Bowl, she should ease the pain. I'd lose on purpose.

Oh, and by the way, Ray Lewis is a terrible human being. Once he's not playing anymore and can no longer provide any entertainment, even the Ravens fans will realize it. No one is forgotten quicker than former NFL players.

Agreed. He is a total disgrace to the game. Not sure if you saw it but after the denver game peyton was being interviewed and lewis came up to give him a hug and peyton looked like who is this guy with the flu. Rey is a scum bag period
kc, Manning waited while Lewis did all his post game interviews for 45 minutes, and then spent 1 hour just the two of them and Mannings son standing around talking in the locker room. Just sayin...

Once he's not playing anymore and can no longer provide any entertainment, even the Ravens fans will realize it. No one is forgotten quicker than former NFL players.

My friend, this is most unfortunetly an inaccurate statement. He is never going away. He will be on ESPN constantly "entertaining" us. He is herpes. Get used to him. If he wins the bowl the NFL Sunday crew will probably line up to felate him as a special feature Week 1 '13. I despise him. Though he sings a lovely and impassioned fake tear filled national anthem. Preach on Reverand Ray Ray!

So, it's ok to be an obnoxious human being and judge someone else through the internet, but it's not ok to complain about that person's obnoxious statements?

No one is taking anyone's freedoms away. You can say anything you want.
But if you're going to say something stupid or judgmental, guess what - there's going to be some blowback.
Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom to be an idiot without consequences.

There's this common feeling among a lot of people (including on this board) that you can say anything you want and you're just 'being honest' or 'keeping it real' or 'telling it like it is' and it's your undeniable right to do that.
What is really is though is just a bizarre justification so you can be a shitty human being and not feel bad about yourself.
The only thing she did wrong was piss off the NFL brass because she reminded everyone about one of the many chapters of thuggery that is the NFL. Regardless of how his performance on the gridiron, Ray Lewis represents everything that is wrong with the league and this brainless hero-worship only perpetuates the cycle.

I'm sure she was pressured to pull down her statement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom