My God we're good | Syracusefan.com

My God we're good

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
We've got a freshman PG who is unflappable and plays like a sr., has no ego, passes the ball with good balance vs. driving/shooting. Solid in all areas. Best PG since Sherman. We've got a #2 who's becoming the second coming of GMAC and is now more than a shooter.

We've got outside shooting from multiple players with a Mr. versatile can do it all in possible/probable ACC POY in CJ, the quiet leader. An emerging star in Grant who along with the above have youth and will only get BETTER, solid now role players seasoned with great experience (FF included) in Rak and Keita, a developing solid presence in the middle with Coleman the trio of which should offer solid D in the middle, good off the bench depth with Michael Bin., etc. Outside game, inside game, legend experienced coach leading the way, solid veteran assistants, and all of a sudden good FT shooting. Let me repeat that, Syracuse has good FT shooting!

Theres no one on the schedule we can't run with. No one. It's going to be another tremendously successful season, potentially historic even. These are the glory years we're in the middle of it appears ladies and gents. Take a step back and appreciate it. I mean NC, Duke, Indiana, Nova, ND, etc. all in the Dome, with this team!? Wheres' the FF this year? Even with the new challenges presented by the ACC this team is going to be more than fun to watch all year. Another FF run? If good vocal leadership is present/develops on this team, then smart $ says don't bet against us. Enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Easy there. Great result this week, but still early.

Questions about guard depth and interior scoring remain. The former can be managed if we're lucky with injuries, the latter is unlikely to improve.

Should be a solid year though.

Christmas may determine how good this team becomes. The other pieces have the potential to be exceptional by March.

Questions about guard depth and interior scoring remain. The former can be managed if we're lucky with injuries, the latter is unlikely to improve.

Last year at this time I was saying some of the same things, re the FF. I sat then watching close up, and sit now even more so marveling at how good we've become saying so often I can't believe how good we are as I watch. Saying the same now.

Being a long long long term fan, I just cannot believe the level and depth of talent we have, we've always had a few good to great players but now it's nearly every position, it's a real pleasure watching. Barring crazy injuries, off the court drama, etc. there's no reason this team can't make a deep tourney run.

Oh they're will be some let downs during the year, a few losses in that inevitable slump period as its impossible to sustain this for a whole season, but short of that they'll bounce back and I think we'll be enjoying the result.

Last edited:
Last year at this time I was saying some of the same things, re the FF. I sat then watching close up, and sit now even more so marveling at how good we've become saying so often I can't believe how good we are as I watch. Saying the same now.

Being a long long long term fan, I just cannot believe the level and depth of talent we have, we've always had a few good to great players but now it's nearly every position, it's a real pleasure watching. Barring crazy injuries, off the court drama, etc. there's no reason this team can't make a deep tourney run.

Oh they're will be some let downs during the year, a few losses in that inevitable slump period, but short of that they'll bounce back and I think we'll be enjoying the result.
The only thing really bothering me is the lack of a backup point guard.

I agree there is a lot of reason for optimism. Nice post.

lol. I've had my ff hotel booked since July. Just because my son lives there. But I know there are no guarantees. For whoever asked above...it is in Arlington, Texas.

I saw this title and came in with the intent of arguing with you...well after reading your post...I can't...kudos

The only thing really bothering me is the lack of a backup point guard.

I agree there is a lot of reason for optimism. Nice post.
Not many teams have a legit "backup PG"... if you have a guard on your bench who can bring it up against pressure and get you into your offense you're ok..and we have that

Not many teams have a legit "backup PG"... if you have a guard on your bench who can bring it up against pressure and get you into your offense you're ok..and we have that
Hm, I suppose this could be true -- I don't really know other teams rosters that well.

But I would imagine its a bit unusual to literally not have another point guard on the roster. And I shudder at the thought of Mike G. having to play extended minutes at the 1.

CJ can bring it up no prob, I think Mike Gin. will improve, but I think Ennis is SO heady, we won't need more than him as I don't think he'll be often in foul trouble.

Hm, I suppose this could be true -- I don't really know other teams rosters that well.

But I would imagine its a bit unusual to literally not have another point guard on the roster. And I shudder at the thought of Mike G. having to play extended minutes at the 1.
Well...look at last year; who was the other PG on the roster? Triche could play it, but other than that all we had on the bench was Cooney.

If Silent G has to play "extended minutes" it's because of an Ennis injury..in which case we're in trouble anyway.

Well...look at last year; who was the other PG on the roster? Triche could play it, but other than that all we had on the bench was Cooney.

If Silent G has to play "extended minutes" it's because of an Ennis injury..in which case we're in trouble anyway.
Fair enough.

Just booked my tickets for Arlington.

Oh they're will be some let downs during the year, a few losses in that inevitable slump period, but short of that they'll bounce back and I think we'll be enjoying the result.
I think the whole thing is how smart and poised we are on offense. Its been a bit since we were great offensively, but even when we were, I've never seen it under control as well as the last 3 games.

My impression of this year's team vs. last year's team is that this year's team is not as good defensively...yet(forcing a lot of TO's but allowing high FG%'s). However, offensively this team definitely seems to be better...last year it seemed like a struggle to score points whereas this year's team looks more lethal and capable of scoring in different ways. I get the feeling this could be another FF type team. These guys are a joy to watch.

G is a little shakey potatoes at times but he's serviceable. I hope he's still shaking off some ring rust. I wish he looked for his shot a little more and he needs to protect the ball better. But he's out of position, so who am I to complain?

Last edited:
I shudder at the thought of Mike G. having to play extended minutes at the 1.

I don't understand the all the grief this board gives silent G. I think he's doing fine, and has improved and looks more confident each time out. Loved the block tonight. Yes - he had a turnover, but I am not looking for perfection.

He's done exactly what we need him to - give TE a blow and it has worked out well the past 3 games vs. good competition and some serious pressure.

We've got a freshman PG who is unflappable and plays like a sr., has no ego, passes the ball with good balance vs. driving/shooting. Solid in all areas. Best PG since Sherman. We've got a #2 who's becoming the second coming of GMAC and is now more than a shooter.

We've got outside shooting from multiple players with a Mr. versatile can do it all in possible/probable ACC POY in CJ, the quiet leader. An emerging star in Grant who along with the above have youth and will only get BETTER, solid now role players in Rak and Keita, a developing solid presence in the middle with Coleman the trio of which should offer solid D in the middle, good off the bench depth with Michael Bin., etc. Outside game, inside game, legend experienced coach leading the way, solid veteran assistants, and all of a sudden good FT shooting. Let me repeat that, Syracuse has good FT shooting!

Theres no one on the schedule we can't run with. No one. It's going to be another tremendously successful season, potentially historic even. These are the glory years we're in the middle of it appears ladies and gents. Take a step back and appreciate it. I mean NC, Duke, Indiana, Nova, ND, etc. all in the Dome, with this team!? Wheres' the FF this year? Even with the new challenges presented by the ACC this team is going to be more than fun to watch all year. Another FF run? If good vocal leadership is present/develops on this team, then smart $ says don't bet against us. Enjoy the ride.
Biggums Red Balls.jpg

No team doesn't have holes. But from where I sit, ours are manageable. This team IS very very good and will only get better with time. The Dome will be rocking this winter. Let's all enjoy the ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom