My God we're good | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My God we're good

Christmas may determine how good this team becomes.

I asked Santa for another consistent outside shooter and an interior scoring presence, but I'm not expecting either to show up under my tree.

12.5 wins in the ACC is my line.

I think people are a little bit too high right now. Just like there was too much panic after SFNY.

You know, I would normally agree with this, but our PG play is so solid this year that I'm having a hard time seeing a lot of losses. PG play is the key to great teams. Get a good ballhandler and you reduce turnovers, have a pass-first guy and you get high percentage shots, get someone who can drive and you get a go-to player during crunch time. Ennis has all those qualities in spades. While MCW and Triche were solid PGs, they weren't the complete package.

I don't understand the all the grief this board gives silent G. I think he's doing fine, and has improved and looks more confident each time out. Loved the block tonight. Yes - he had a turnover, but I am not looking for perfection.

He's done exactly what we need him to - give TE a blow and it has worked out well the past 3 games vs. good competition and some serious pressure.
Actually he's had his pocket picked clean in each of the last three games. Hopefully he'll make adjustments because he does a decent job running half court sets while giving TE a breather. Eventually, we'll need him to step up.

I really like G's versatility and his ability to play the top or bottom of the zone. He's a very good athlete and will b fine with time.

Agree with this post...but the 2009-2010 season radically changed the way I view college basketball. The media BS around the program that followed cemented my opinion. Lets just get into the NCAA tourney without anybody getting hurt or having Mark Shwartz show up on campus to invent bad stories about the basketball program. I know enough about this team now to know that everything from here to March is a long exhibition season, I'll enjoy these games but won't get too invested in the results until then.

Actually he's had his pocket picked clean in each of the last three games. Hopefully he'll make adjustments because he does a decent job running half court sets while giving TE a breather. Eventually, we'll need him to step up.

I really like G's versatility and his ability to play the top or bottom of the zone. He's a very good athlete and will b fine with time.

Let's not forget that G is a Duke transfer, no matter what the circumstances. If he was a Duke-star-level player, he'd still be there. Good athlete, will be a plus in our zone, but he has a ceiling, and not a very high one.

My impression of this year's team vs. last year's team is that this year's team is not as good defensively...yet(forcing a lot of TO's but allowing high FG%'s). However, offensively this team definitely seems to be better...last year it seemed like a struggle to score points whereas this year's team looks more lethal and capable of scoring in different ways. I get the feeling this could be another FF type team. These guys are a joy to watch.
This year's team seems to play significantly better in half court sets. I can't remember the last time SU set soooo many screen away from the ball. Traditionally, we've run a lot of picks on the ball (which we still do) but I love the way we're picking away from the ball creating open mid range jumpers and backdoor cuts. Really fun to watch.

I see I wasn't the only one who noticed that.
Unfortunately...the picks were there for the whole world to see. He really needs to work on protecting the ball better.

The only thing that bothers me is the inexperience of our coach and his obsession with playing that weak ass zone which creates no turnovers.
when we don't win against a weak ass opponent, ill quote your sorry ass. if u really were to read what I've written u would see my major objection to a steady diet of zone is not steals or threes, but rather lack of defensive boards; very often to a vertically challenged team.

when we don't win against a weak ass opponent, ill quote your sorry ass

I bet you can't wait until that happens, maybe even salivating at the thought.

wait. it will happen. its happened in every year for four decades when we didn't have Carmelo Anthony. in that year I told u early on we'd win. I do [pray i'm wrong, but unless he plays Carmelo II, Roberson, impossible.

wait. it will happen. its happened in every year for four decades when we didn't have Carmelo Anthony. in that year I told u early on we'd win. I do [pray i'm wrong, but unless he plays Carmelo II, Roberson, impossible.
you did not say early on that we would win with Carmelo. You said if we played man to man we would win. Otherwise, we would lose. You keep telling the same lie over and over again. Some of us remember Igor. Your act is so old. Find the kid that isn't playing and say if only he played we would win. Except, we are winning. Roberson is a very good player. But you want Grant or Fair to sit for him? Insane.

Not many teams have a legit "backup PG"... if you have a guard on your bench who can bring it up against pressure and get you into your offense you're ok..and we have that

we dont have a guard on our bench who can bring it up against pressure...

thats not being debbie downer... but my god, if 1 thing was proven this week it was gbinje cant handle pressure. I mean, even in an almost perfect tournament - the glaring PG hole behind Ennis is the biggest takeaway from it.

Ennis will be playing 39+ minutes a game.

when we don't win against a weak ass opponent, ill quote your sorry ass. if u really were to read what I've written u would see my major objection to a steady diet of zone is not steals or threes, but rather lack of defensive boards; very often to a vertically challenged team.
Thus spoke the Turkey on Thanksgiving.

Agree with this post...but the 2009-2010 season radically changed the way I view college basketball. The media BS around the program that followed cemented my opinion. Lets just get into the NCAA tourney without anybody getting hurt or having Mark Shwartz show up on campus to invent bad stories about the basketball program. I know enough about this team now to know that everything from here to March is a long exhibition season, I'll enjoy these games but won't get too invested in the results until then.

i believe you meant the 11/12 season?

you did not say early on that we would win with Carmelo. You said if we played man to man we would win. Otherwise, we would lose. You keep telling the same lie over and over again. Some of us remember Igor. Your act is so old. Find the kid that isn't playing and say if only he played we would win. Except, we are winning. Roberson is a very good player. But you want Grant or Fair to sit for him? Insane.
u lie dash. I said we win because nobody could stop Carmelo. I know u didn't forget, u remember too much to think u are suffering, dimensia (sp)

)

u lie dash. I said we win because nobody could stop Carmelo. I know u didn't forget, u remember too much to think u are suffering, dimensia (sp)

)
wrong. grant is an nbaer; cj a very good senior. u can play 3 guys. the rest of the country does

wrong. grant is an nbaer; cj a very good senior. u can play 3 guys. the rest of the country does
Roberson is not ready. Did you watch any of the games he's played in? There's a reason that 8 players got playing time and only 5 of those significant amounts.

igor said:

Roberson is Carmelo II? Come on man..... If he was he wouldn't be riding the pine.

igor said:

Yeah, Rak plays the other minutes at the 4, so we do play three guys.

)
sorry. I won't let you get away with this crap. Igor..no team can win a national title playing zone. You should remember saying it, you said it over and over again.

OrangeYaGladi said:
12.5 wins in the ACC is my line.

I think people are a little bit too high right now. Just like there was too much panic after SFNY.

There will be ups and downs but the ACC blows. Crazy things happen but I would be pretty shocked if we don't go 15-3 or 14-4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom