My God we're good | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My God we're good

igor said:
wait. it will happen. its happened in every year for four decades when we didn't have Carmelo Anthony. in that year I told u early on we'd win. I do [pray i'm wrong, but unless he plays Carmelo II, Roberson, impossible.

It happens to literally every team every year since Indiana last went undefeated.

wait. it will happen. its happened in every year for four decades when we didn't have Carmelo Anthony. in that year I told u early on we'd win. I do [pray i'm wrong, but unless he plays Carmelo II, Roberson, impossible.

I love Roberson and the future ahead for him, but Carmelo II? Really? Believe me, I know you're trying to bait us with this hyperbole, but most of us have been onto your act for more than a decade now. I just find it entertaining in small doses to play into your act...and that's what it is, an act.

There will be ups and downs but the ACC blows. Crazy things happen but I would be pretty shocked if we don't go 15-3 or 14-4.
Duke twice, UNC, @Pitt, ND, @UVA, and 1-2 stumbles against random teams are all potential losses.

12-13 wins sounds right.

i believe you meant the 11/12 season?

Nah, wasn't clear. Was referring to AO's injury in 09-10 & the Fine non-story in 11-12. Both made it feel like random crap can come up and derail a season out of nowhere...getting excited in December is a recipe for disappointment.

Duke twice, UNC, @Pitt, ND, @UVA, and 1-2 stumbles against random teams are all potential losses.

12-13 wins sounds right.
@UVA and ND? 1st, ND lost to Indiana State at home. 2nd, UVa isn't scary at the least.

you did not say early on that we would win with Carmelo. You said if we played man to man we would win. Otherwise, we would lose. You keep telling the same lie over and over again. Some of us remember Igor. Your act is so old. Find the kid that isn't playing and say if only he played we would win. Except, we are winning. Roberson is a very good player. But you want Grant or Fair to sit for him? Insane.
sorry. I won't let you get away with this crap. Igor..no team can win a national title playing zone. You should remember saying it, you said it over and over again.
I can't wait until we have a thread dedicated to all of the stupid things Igor has said over the years.
yes he was clairvoyant - he thought Carmelo was really good after he dropped 27 in his very first college game

nothing could top his claim that the SU football team had more talent than Miami - that may have been true in 1959 - unfortunately he made the claim in 2001

We last won Maui in 1998 and came home 5-0. We beat Quinnipiac to go 6-0 and people were certain we were off to a great season. we lost to Ohio U, 55-61 and JB lectured people that this was not a good team, despite what everybody thinks. We scoffed at it that, thinking he was just trying to light a fire under the players. But he tuned out to be right, (at least by SU standards). We wound up 21-12 and losing to Doug Gottlieb's Oklahoma State team in the first round of the NCAAs, 61-69, in a dismal performance.

Yeah, I think this year's team is better, too. The point is, it's early and this team still has some things to work on. We have a vision of how good it can be but it's still just a vision at this point.

Last edited:

In the last 6 seasons we are 67-2 in non-conference games, one on a 70 foot miracle shot. We were 13-0 in three of those years.

Let's not forget that G is a Duke transfer, no matter what the circumstances. If he was a Duke-star-level player, he'd still be there. Good athlete, will be a plus in our zone, but he has a ceiling, and not a very high one.

But it's not like he was backup to shakey patatoes at Duke. He was behind Kyrie Irving and then Austin Rivers before he decided to transfer. And it's not like Coach K shoved him out of the door, Silent G didn't want to be there, and happened to choose Jim Boeheim to be his new coach. And Coach K couldn't deny that request.

Nah, wasn't clear. Was referring to AO's injury in 09-10 & the Fine non-story in 11-12. Both made it feel like random crap can come up and derail a season out of nowhere...getting excited in December is a recipe for disappointment.

The Fine "non-story" didn't affect the season at all. It was the Fab Melo "I suck at school" that "derailed" that season in the Elite 8.

Other then Kentucky's past several recruiting classes, any team making the elite 8 and losing, did not have a season "derailed".

@UVA and ND? 1st, ND lost to Indiana State at home. 2nd, UVa isn't scary at the least.
Okay you're right, we'll go 17-1 in conference and be ranked in the top 3 all season.

Okay you're right, we'll go 17-1 in conference and be ranked in the top 3 all season.
didn't say that, but if you're gonna name teams we might lose to I wouldn't list those two teams.

Roberson is Carmelo II? Come on man..... If he was he wouldn't be riding the pine.
jb predetermines who can and cant play. eve r hear of Michael carter Williams. he had no clue of melo. he thought if melo stayed 2 years we could make the final four. he's a joke. he miscalculated on dc IIII, Roberson, ennis and keita. in the past forth and cole. unfortuneately he'll kee it forever trying to make it work. to clear up Roberson. he's nopt ready, but after 9 games, super star.

UVA is pretty good.
UVA is a good team. We love CJ, but one of the players that will give him a run for the money as ACC POY is Joe Harris. Big, strong guard that can play with the best of them.

The only thing really bothering me is the lack of a backup point guard.

I agree there is a lot of reason for optimism. Nice post.

When your biggest problem is the back-up point guard, that's a pretty good team. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Let's see, Carmelo I started from Day 1. Carmelo II is on the bench. Could that mean that Roberson is not, in fact, Carmelo II? Maybe...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom