Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23) | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23)

Yeah, I'm counting on absolutely nothing from Patterson. Carey I still have some hopes for based on his athleticism which may only be due to watching him dunk on 5'10 white kids in a 2020 highlight tape. McLeod I hope can be the guy for 25 mins a night and give us 7 pts and 7 boards with 2 blocks. Give Maliq 10 mins there and maybe he goes for 3 and 3 in those minutes and then Hima gets a bucket and a board or 2 in 5 mins. Total out somewhere around 12 pts, 12 boards and 3 blocks from the position over 40 mins.
I'm really high on Carey's potential...based soley on what I've seen in his highlights.

He did not play against particularly strong competition in high school.
And it is very hard to step in and have impact in the ACC as a freshman in any case (unless you're one of the Duke/UNC five stars).

So he'd probably need at least a year of playing...maybe two.
But he can become a really good player for the Orange.

McLeod, Patterson, Hima, Carey quadruple center lineup in a super tall super long wing span!!!

If our forwards flop this coming season; I'm fine with going with a twin towers look with McLeod and Hima. At least get rebounding and shot blocking. Roll with 3 guards for the scoring punch.

If our forwards flop this coming season; I'm fine with going with a twin towers look with McLeod and Hima. At least get rebounding and shot blocking. Roll with 3 guards for the scoring punch.
The only problem would be the possibility of setting an NCAA record for quickest fouling out by two men over 7 feet tall.

Last edited:
We need guys on the floor who can draw big fellas away from the rim so the dogs on this roster can do what they do best - slash.

The only problem would be the possibility of setting an NCAA ecord for quickest fouling out by two men over 7 feet tall.
The Highlander isn't foul prone.

The time in between his announcement, and this official tweet from the University, seemed rather long compared to the other portal additions.

Noticed that...

The time in between his announcement, and this official tweet from the University, seemed rather long compared to the other portal additions.
Admittance issues you think?

Admittance issues you think?

I actually wonder if Nova or Bama etc may have reached out again in desperation given their issues at the 5 trying to get him to decommit. Or even others but those two especially... just a random thought.

I actually wonder if Nova or Bama etc may have reached out again in desperation given their issues at the 5 trying to get him to decommit. Or even others but those two especially... just a random thought.
I think Nova just reached out when he first went into the portal but then passed on him. They were just looking for a backup big.

I think Nova just reached out when he first went into the portal but then passed on him. They were just looking for a backup big.

Maybe. They paid up for Ware... to be their starter... outside of recruiting ranking Ware is hardly anything much to talk about vs McLeod.

Maybe. They paid up for Ware... to be their starter... outside of recruiting ranking Ware is hardly anything much to talk about vs McLeod.
I think Nova only offered very low 6 figures but he’s def their backup big. Only used 10% of their Hunter Dickinson budget on him lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom