Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23) | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23)

Not sure why he feels snubbed at this point. I’m hoping for the best but he’s got a lot of work to do. I’m assuming Hamilton didn’t keep a top 20 defender on the bench.

It’s one thing to be hungry but it’s kind of foolish to throw an “lol” out there, the only “lol” has been his production.

There’s nothing wrong with using that list as motivation and proving it wrong, it’s another to laugh at it while essentially doing nothing at this level.

The "bet" part means he's planning to prove them wrong.

I'm all for him having a bulletin board pic of that list that he can look at every morning before he goes to the gym, if it helps keep him motivated.

McLeod got 3.2 blocks per 40 in ACC play, without fouling too much (3.4 per 40). He doesn't rebound enough, only getting 8 per 40, and barely gets any steals.

I have no real idea how he does other than statistically. Position defense may be a strength, or not.

I'd like to see his active hands for blocking shots put to use getting rebounds and deflections.

Last edited:
Not sure why he feels snubbed at this point. I’m hoping for the best but he’s got a lot of work to do. I’m assuming Hamilton didn’t keep a top 20 defender on the bench.

It’s one thing to be hungry but it’s kind of foolish to throw an “lol” out there, the only “lol” has been his production.

There’s nothing wrong with using that list as motivation and proving it wrong, it’s another to laugh at it while essentially doing nothing at this level.

Hey if he wants to make it a personal motivation then awesome. We have a field day picking these apart so don't mind kids doing the same.

The "bet" part means he's planning to prove them wrong.

I'm all for him having a bulletin board pic of that list that he can look at every morning before he goes to the gym, if it helps keep him motivated.

McLeod got 3.2 blocks per 40 in ACC play, without fouling too much (3.4 per 40). He doesn't rebound enough, only getting 8 per 40, and barely gets any steals.

I have no real idea how he does other than statistically. Position defense may be a strength, or not.

I'd like to see his active hands for blocking shots put to use getting rebounds and deflections.

He's a massive dude with some experience and some good traits to build on and in year 3 which is generally the year big guys who make a jump takes foot. He played on two uncharacteristically bad FSU/Hamilton teams making it a slightly harder scout/read. Odds are more in his/our favor than not but we know how that can go.

Did he get eligible? I recall someone posting a report that the majority of the 2 time transfers were going to be disappointed in the outcome of their waiver requests.
Where is he gonna go next?

we all feel old sometimes, today is your day hahah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom