Nassib not doing himself any favors... | Syracusefan.com

Nassib not doing himself any favors...

44PRIDE

All Conference
I so very much want Ryan to do well this preseason to get a shot as a starter But another bad outing (against a depleted Bills roster) doesn't bode well for him.

It's looking like Ryan will end up a forever back-up

Some people were meant to play in college and only college. Charley Loeb was a great kid but he was a college (or even a high school) player. Nassib is a lifetime college kid.

do people remember that nassib was a 3* recruited by robinson of all people. Yukon came in to try to steal him when we made the coaching change to marrone. marrone, for all of his prissiness and "meh I'm an offense guy" only netted us Terrell hunt. I mean c'mon. nassib was barely a quarterback recruit and somehow we got him drafted. whoever thought he would actually play in the NFL, ok.

orangehomer said:
do people remember that nassib was a 3* recruited by robinson of all people. Yukon came in to try to steal him when we made the coaching change to marrone. marrone, for all of his prissiness and "meh I'm an offense guy" only netted us Terrell hunt. I mean c'mon. nassib was barely a quarterback recruit and somehow we got him drafted. whoever thought he would actually play in the NFL, ok.

I believe it was Dick Vermeil who told GRob about Nassib and said he could become an NFL QB.

I believe it was Dick Vermeil who told GRob about Nassib and said he could become an NFL QB.
and that's fine, but nassib is not an nfl quarterback. I remember when it all went down, marrone was all in on Paulus. nassib was a redshirt no one cared about. nassib was awesome, don't get me wrong, beating Missouri on the road was legit. but lets get over nassib.

orangehomer said:
and that's fine, but nassib is not an nfl quarterback. I remember when it all went down, marrone was all in on Paulus. nassib was a redshirt no one cared about. nassib was awesome, don't get me wrong, beating Missouri on the road was legit. but lets get over nassib.

He is an nfl QB because he's in the nfl and has been. If you want to say he's not an nfl starter, that's a stronger argument.

The signature on his paychecks disagree with you.

He is an nfl QB because he's in the nfl and has been. If you want to say he's not an nfl starter, that's a stronger argument.

He's not an NFL starter. Period.

He's not an NFL starter. Period.

Breaking news.
image.gif

I can think of many things that are worse than being a backup QB in the NFL for 4 or 5 seasons.

Get paid millions of bucks
Don't get your head banged in
Don't have the pressure of a rabid fan base breathing down your neck
Probably land a hot wife

Yeah, it really sucks being a backup QB in the NFL

He actually is an NFL QB. It's silly to say otherwise. As has been said, he probably will never be a NFL starting QB. There are only 30 of them after all.

He has exceeded the expectations of anyone who actually watched him. All those other expectations came from crazy people and mouthpieces for agents

He has exceeded the expectations of anyone who actually watched him. All those other expectations came from crazy people and mouthpieces for agents
Totally disagree. Was he a Top 5 pick, a 1st rounder? No. But he looks lost out on the field after several years in the NFL. I've seen 3rd string qbs that look better than Nassib, rookie qbs that look better than Nassib... If anything, he's regressed...

Edit: e.g. Dak Prescott, Cardale Jones. Heck, the Chiefs have Nick Foles as a backup, what happens if Eli goes down?

As long as he keeps getting a paycheck he is.

And he's one of the five best guys to every play the position here.

It's extremely comical when some one says an NFL QB isn't an NFL QB.

Cuse'91 said:
Totally disagree. Was he a Top 5 pick, a 1st rounder? No. But he looks lost out on the field after several years in the NFL. I've seen 3rd string qbs that look better than Nassib, rookie qbs that look better than Nassib... If anything, he's regressed... Edit: e.g. Dak Prescott, Cardale Jones. Heck, the Chiefs have Nick Foles as a backup, what happens if Eli goes down?

Maybe he is struggling with the new offense?

Maybe he is struggling with the new offense?
Possibility, but I think it's more a lack of confidence...
Just watched reply of Pats/Bears game, and freakn' rookie Jacoby Brissett looks better than Ryan. Lots of rookie qbs coming straight from college offenses that aren't even pro style seem to be playing with more confidence. Just seems to be a total lack of progress in Ryan's game these 3 years...

Paulus was there to take the beating, so Nassib didn't have to.

Cuse'91 said:
Possibility, but I think it's more a lack of confidence... Just watched reply of Pats/Bears game, and freakn' rookie Jacoby Brissett looks better than Ryan. Lots of rookie qbs coming straight from college offenses that aren't even pro style seem to be playing with more confidence. Just seems to be a total lack of progress in Ryan's game these 3 years...

Most rookies when they come in are given greatly scaled back playbooks to ease them in. They don't get the full monte. I'm sure Ryan having a few years under his belt has the full thing.

Most rookies when they come in are given greatly scaled back playbooks to ease them in. They don't get the full monte. I'm sure Ryan having a few years under his belt has the full thing.
Ryan had a great career here, and I root for any former Orange man, but I think it's pretty telling that we, as fans, have to come up with excuses as to why he can't even look decent/competent in Pre-Season action...

Cuse'91 said:
Ryan had a great career here, and I root for any former Orange man, but I think it's pretty telling that we, as fans, have to come up with excuses as to why he can't even look decent/competent in Pre-Season action...

Who's making an excuse? How did he look last year in the preseason? Pretty great.

He actually is an NFL QB. It's silly to say otherwise. As has been said, he probably will never be a NFL starting QB. There are only 30 of them after all.
In the world

He played great last year in preseason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom