Nate Oats and Alabama | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Nate Oats and Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes
This is not going away. If the kid drove the gun there and then blocked the car of the victim it is only a matter of time before he doesn't see the court. I will be surprised if he plays in the tournament.

This is not going away. If the kid drove the gun there and then blocked the car of the victim it is only a matter of time before he doesn't see the court. I will be surprised if he plays in the tournament.
There’s no ncaa rule again murder. You just can’t skip fencing class

If we’re being honest: Alabama wins a championship, does anyone remember this story in 10 years, or just the banner?
It’s entirely wrong but experience tells me that if Alabama sweeps this under the rug, it won’t resurface for a long time.

I think you’re misinterpreting what I’m trying to say, but I frankly don’t care.

If it’s a simple misinterpretation you could clear it up pretty easily. But your original comments were so stupid you want to end the conversation. Frankly, I don’t blame you.

If we’re being honest: Alabama wins a championship, does anyone remember this story in 10 years, or just the banner?
It’s entirely wrong but experience tells me that if Alabama sweeps this under the rug, it won’t resurface for a long time.
I don't think so.

Remember this is Alabama if someone asks you to return them their gun and you don't that is almost as bad an offense and crime itself.

Miller could have prevented this and hes clearly not that great a person lets be honest. But theres no middle ground here he either should have his neck on the line for murder charges with Miles and his friend or... get charged with nothing and walk totally.

Theres no grey area slap on the wrist teach a lesson options because this is so horrible what happened its all or nothing. Charge him with murder like Miles was or leave him alone.

Yes, people will remember. Hell, there are those that say SU should have played Fab Melo and dared the NCAA to do something. This will follow Miller for the rest of his life. It will be a cloud over Alabama MBB for a very long time. They'll be the team everyone roots against in March.

Yes, people will remember. Hell, there are those that say SU should have played Fab Melo and dared the NCAA to do something. This will follow Miller for the rest of his life. It will be a cloud over Alabama MBB for a very long time. They'll be the team everyone roots against in March.
If you say so, you have more belief in people than I do I guess

I have never liked Nate Oats and never wanted him at SU so I have purposely not taken shots and kicked someone when they are down. I don't get joy out of someone I don't like having bad things happen to them. Craig Carton is the only exception to that rule. This whole situation is sad honestly.
He has always been a punk. Was a complete arse to Jim and SU.

Looking back, we 100% should’ve played Fab.

As a high schooler during that golden age of SUMB, I remember being absolutely crushed on the T leaving the Boston Garden after that Ohio State game.

He has always been a punk. Was a complete arse to Jim and SU.
Every team that dares to give is a competitive game (god forbid beats us) in the Dome out of conference are always punks with no class or ethics or whatever the hell. Its getting old hearing the same thing over and over again we can't even lose with honor.

Crushed Baylor

I don't think so.

Remember this is Alabama if someone asks you to return them their gun and you don't that is almost as bad an offense and crime itself.

Miller could have prevented this and hes clearly not that great a person lets be honest. But theres no middle ground here he either should have his neck on the line for murder charges with Miles and his friend or... get charged with nothing and walk totally.

Theres no grey area slap on the wrist teach a lesson options because this is so horrible what happened its all or nothing. Charge him with murder like Miles was or leave him alone.
For murder you’d have to charge felony murder, where all involved in a criminal act which results in death are charged. That’s a stretch here I think based on the facts disclosed so far. More plausible would be something like reckless endangerment for handing over the gun in those circumstances (and blocking the victim’s car).
Remember too that the criminal investigation could coincidentally rev up after the tournament.

For murder you’d have to charge felony murder, where all involved in a criminal act which results in death are charged. That’s a stretch here I think based on the facts disclosed so far. More plausible would be something like reckless endangerment for handing over the gun in those circumstances (and blocking the victim’s car).
Remember too that the criminal investigation could coincidentally rev up after the tournament.
Yeah agree.

Honestly I think the situation is so horrible theres no teaching or lessons or slaps on the wrist. Charge him like Miles or let him go totally.

Sad thing is theres 1 person who could have easily prevented this by just using the most simple and basic common sense and that is Miller. I don't think hes legally liable or anything but its still kind of his fault he knew Miles and his friend were complete ing morons and blacked out drunk and brought them a gun,.

I had an image in my head, that was not it.
Something like this, right??
1677216216743.png

You have way more faith in the Tuscaloosa justice system than I do.

Yeah agree.

Honestly I think the situation is so horrible theres no teaching or lessons or slaps on the wrist. Charge him like Miles or let him go totally.

Sad thing is theres 1 person who could have easily prevented this by just using the most simple and basic common sense and that is Miller. I don't think hes legally liable or anything but its still kind of his fault he knew Miles and his friend were complete ing morons and blacked out drunk and brought them a gun,.
Well, depending on the statutes, it could be seen as a conspiracy to commit murder. Bringing the gun (and maybe blocking the victims car) is an overt act in furtherance of the act (murder). Conspiracy | Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Polson & Polson
I think bringing the guy his own property (gun) or parking behind the car is hard to define as a crime for felony murder.
Sometimes, they might hold off charging a guy to get their testimony to convict the more culpable. To me, based on very little reading about it, this is a premeditated murder, which should be the maximum penalty. Might be a death penalty case in Alabama, but a quick read from this appears to not be the case. Alabama Capital Punishment Laws - FindLaw
Just my $.02.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online