Nate Solomon looking at NCAA suspension | Syracusefan.com

Nate Solomon looking at NCAA suspension

Here's the rule for anyone interested:

Fighting and Flagrant Misconduct

SECTION 14. Fighting is defined as a player, substitute, nonplaying

member of a squad, coach or anyone officially connected with a team

deliberately striking or attempting to strike anyone in a malicious manner,

or leaving the bench or coaches area during an altercation.

An individual participating in a fight or any other action deemed flagrant

misconduct shall be charged with a three-minute nonreleasable penalty, ejection

from the game in which the violation occurred and suspension from the team’s

next regular-season intercollegiate game, including NCAA tournament games.

If the same individual participates in a second fight or flagrant misconduct in a

subsequent game, the penalty is a three-minute nonreleasable penalty, ejection

from the game in which the fight occurred and suspension from the team’s next

two regular-season intercollegiate games, including NCAA tournament games.

If the same individual is involved in a third fight or flagrant misconduct,

the same sanctions apply, with the suspension extended to the entire season,

including NCAA tournament games. The appropriate officiating assigning

authority is responsible for notifying the officials of the suspension.

A suspended individual cannot be in the team’s bench area, anywhere

on the sideline or anywhere in the spectator area. The count of fighting

expulsions for a given season shall end at the conclusion of that season, but

if an individual is penalized for fighting in the last game of a season, the

resulting suspension shall be enforced in the first intercollegiate game or

games of the next season.

A.R. 33. After the final horn but before the officials approve the score

and leave the field, a coach or player commits an act deemed to be

60 RULE 5 / Personal and Expulsion Fouls

flagrant misconduct or another expulsion foul. RULING: The officials still

have jurisdiction and must assess the ejection and have it recorded in the

scorebook even though the game has ended.

Maybe he will finally learn his lesson. Tough to lose him as the attack hasn't exactly been humming so far this year but it is what it is. Sounds like Bomberry will likely be back for this game which will help. Hoping we can get some info about Fernandez status

Completely stupid. Maybe he'll learn his lesson but probably not.

If we play them again in the ACC Tourney he will be a marked man.

I am curious to see what the staff does if this is the case. I know that Voigt is currently the 4th attacker, but I am not sure how he will do in extended time with Bomberry. They both are finishers not carriers. After that aspect, do we see Curry or Seebold as the next ball carrying attacker. I like both of them and I am not sure they want to pull Curry off the second for extended time.

I am curious to see what the staff does if this is the case. I know that Voigt is currently the 4th attacker, but I am not sure how he will do in extended time with Bomberry. They both are finishers not carriers. After that aspect, do we see Curry or Seebold as the next ball carrying attacker. I like both of them and I am not sure they want to pull Curry off the second for extended time.

I agree. This is a tough one for the staff as both Voight and the Bomber are pure finishers, not initiators. I would add that the Bomber looks a little lost out there right now. He desperately needs a feeder as he is s sneaky good around the goal. That's his game. Maybe the staff thinks Seebold is too raw but given the choice, I would throw him out there right now to see what he can do. The problem with Curry, like a lot of young guys is that he's forcing his shots and signaling to the D what he's going to do. If he could slow it down just a bit and think his speed could make him scary good. My kingdom for a Kevin Rice. This O would be unstoppable.

Solomon definitely had some swagger in some of the post game press conferences this season. Maybe this experience might humble him a little. Cocky play and smirks during reporters questions is one thing but engaging in a fight after the horn is a little over the top.

As for the Seebold/Curry/Voigt debate. What about going with an attack line of Rehfuss, Voigt, Seebold/Curry, then bump Bomber to middie (where he played the first half of last season), Dordevic, Trimbo. What say you of that option?

Next idea would be an attack of Rehfuss, Curry/Seebold, Bomberry at attack. Then first line mid stays the same, bump Voigt down to 2nd line mid to add a prolific finisher and shooter to the second line that desperately needs goal scoring threats.

This is the still I got from the game. Game over with Rode in possession and Solomon still 5 or 6 strides away. We got to see Molloy score a full field last second heave last year so I can understand playing till that final whistle. There might be some acting by Rode but it still happens after the game is over.

From the 10:20 mark of the video ... the last 12 seconds.

Solomon was late.

But that should have only drawn a 2 minute unnecessary roughness call.

Did something more happen in the handshake line (that the TV cameras didn't catch)?

Sorry, Ive watched that play a few times and dont get the penalty, the ejection or the talk of suspension for Solomon. He basically shoved the goalie at the chest level when he was attempting to pass outside the crease. It was not malicious or several seconds after the game ended. If anything, the VA defender should be suspended for going after Solomon after the game though I somewhat excuse him for defending his goalie on the heels of a tight loss. I hope that neither are suspended but seems like it is in the cards.

Sorry, Ive watched that play a few times and dont get the penalty, the ejection or the talk of suspension for Solomon. He basically shoved the goalie at the chest level when he was attempting to pass outside the crease. It was not malicious or several seconds after the game ended. If anything, the VA defender should be suspended for going after Solomon after the game though I somewhat excuse him for defending his goalie on the heels of a tight loss. I hope that neither are suspended but seems like it is in the cards.
Glad I watched it again at first I thought it was a cheap play. Hope the powers that be watch it again also

Weak call - yes, he was 3 or 4 strides away when the clock hit 0.00 but the ref doesn't blow the whistle until he's actually already up in his chest and he covers that territory in less than a second. Is there the equivalent of the NFL "defenseless receiver" rule in lacrosse that I don't know about? Even still, the contact was neither excessive nor irresponsible. Goalie's momentum is going backwards as he heaves the ball and Solomon doesn't even lower a shoulder - simply tries to get into his hands and impede the throw. Solid play if you ask me.

Weak call - yes, he was 3 or 4 strides away when the clock hit 0.00 but the ref doesn't blow the whistle until he's actually already up in his chest and he covers that territory in less than a second. Is there the equivalent of the NFL "defenseless receiver" rule in lacrosse that I don't know about? Even still, the contact was neither excessive nor irresponsible. Goalie's momentum is going backwards as he heaves the ball and Solomon doesn't even lower a shoulder - simply tries to get into his hands and impede the throw. Solid play if you ask me.
Bull$&^t

I think a 3 minute non releasable (the next game) would be appropriate for these type of late game on the field incidents.

I said it a couple of days ago the hit was completely fine, at worst it's a non releasable 1 or 2 minute unnecessary roughness. And I think 2 minutes would be a stretch in an actual game. The fact that the game was over and this is really nothing more than a big hit I don't see at all why anybody is talking ejection and suspension. Total BS if it's for the hit.

I'd go with Seebold

Completely stupid. Maybe he'll learn his lesson but probably not.

If we play them again in the ACC Tourney he will be a marked man.
Yes. Yes, he will.

Yes. Yes, he will.
Given his history, if I were Desko, I'd sit him for two games. Stop drinking the homer coolaid and think about the team. Yes, the hit was stupid and completely irresponsible from almost any angle. Watch his teammates react after the incident.

Given his history, if I were Desko, I'd sit him for two games. Stop drinking the homer coolaid and think about the team. Yes, the hit was stupid and completely irresponsible from almost any angle. Watch his teammates react after the incident.
I'm having internet problems at home, so I didn't see the game. Once my connection is restored, I'll definitely look at what's been posted here and the replay itself.

Solomon was ejected. Was he ejected for the hit or for fighting? I think it was for fighting. If so, forget about whether the hit was good or not with regards to the suspension.

It looks like Trimboli and Varello come to Solomon's defense.

This is the still I got from the game. Game over with Rode in possession and Solomon still 5 or 6 strides away. We got to see Molloy score a full field last second heave last year so I can understand playing till that final whistle. There might be some acting by Rode but it still happens after the game is over.
But Rode is still playing, and the still doesn't tell us when the whistle/horn sounds. Can you freeze that? I know the lacrosse nation youtube video and audio didn't quite match up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom