Nate Solomon looking at NCAA suspension | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nate Solomon looking at NCAA suspension

Solomon definitely had some swagger in some of the post game press conferences this season. Maybe this experience might humble him a little. Cocky play and smirks during reporters questions is one thing but engaging in a fight after the horn is a little over the top.
Solomon is know for always smiling. I think it's his nature.

Given his history, if I were Desko, I'd sit him for two games. Stop drinking the homer coolaid and think about the team. Yes, the hit was stupid and completely irresponsible from almost any angle. Watch his teammates react after the incident.

With all due respect, I don't see it your way at all and think any inherent bias is against Solomon because he has had some chippy moments in the past. Every play however should stand on its own and it appears to be a clean lacrosse play, 5 steps is a second at most so no one can say after the whistle, there was no lowering of the shoulder, really nothing more than a push to the chest . I believe if any other attack man had made that same play, most would be defending if not pointing out the effort. Watching the replay, Solomon takes a few shots to the head earlier in game that were not called nor was his earlier hit on goalie. That last play would have been inconsequential if the Va kid hadn't gone after him .

watch the replay .the hit was during the horn and before the whistle. full game suspension seems unwarranted.
Again, I believe the suspension was for fighting after the game was over, not for the hit.

didn't see that. but that would suggest suspensions on both teams no ? takes two to tango.
flags came out on the hit and a conference immediately ensued. what was that about if not the hit ?

didn't see that. but that would suggest suspensions on both teams no ? takes two to tango.
flags came out on the hit and a conference immediately ensued. what was that about if not the hit ?

Two guys were suspended. Solomon, and Ambrosino.

My guess was that Solomon got flagged for the hit and Ambrosino got flagged for going after him (and probably ignoring the referees attempts to stop him).

Again, I believe the suspension was for fighting after the game was over, not for the hit.

I agree. There were two flags one for the hit (which I think they pick up) and then Ambrisino (?) faces him and they start pushing and shoving then another flag. I think the ejection is for post-game fighting (second flag) on both of them.

so it sounds like from what i'm reading above soloman was ejected for the hit and ambrosia for the retaliation ? my question would be if that hit happened at the end of any quarter would you be tossed ?

Sorry, Ive watched that play a few times and dont get the penalty, the ejection or the talk of suspension for Solomon. He basically shoved the goalie at the chest level when he was attempting to pass outside the crease. It was not malicious or several seconds after the game ended. If anything, the VA defender should be suspended for going after Solomon after the game though I somewhat excuse him for defending his goalie on the heels of a tight loss. I hope that neither are suspended but seems like it is in the cards.

I’d didn’t think it was the right call at the time and still don’t think it is.

Certainly doesn’t merit a game suspension.

Absurd.

I’d didn’t think it was the right call at the time and still don’t think it is.

Certainly doesn’t merit a game suspension.

Absurd.

The hit looked worse live then it did on replay, still it was a dumb decision that has now cost Solomon a game suspension.

"The only thing he told me was he's been hit a lot harder in football and ice hockey,'' Tiffany said.

haha

The hit looked worse live then it did on replay, still it was a dumb decision that has now cost Solomon a game suspension.
Ya know, I might have done the same thing. I don’t see anything wrong with the hit.

The hit is absolutely nothing, it’s just not a penalty! The speed he was going he couldn’t pull out and it was not late or high! Rode should be playing Soccer in Italy!

Rode also flopped when he set an illegal pick on Solomon earlier in the game? Tactic!

That hit to have warranted and ejection is insane. It's a borderline legal hit. And only borderline because it 'might' be a half step late. Otherwise it's perfectly legal and more of a shove to the upperbody that looks worse because the goalie was so off balance.

They got lucky a full blown melee didn't break out after the cheap shot knocking down Solomon. Back in the day that would've resulted in a slapshot movie free for all. No question about it.

That looks like a giant nothing burger on both sides.

Solomon getting dropped afterward says the players surprisingly handled the scenario fine and meted out justice as they saw fit. Cooler heads prevailed.

Suspensions for both players is a bit much.

And I’m no fan of Solomon’s idiotic penalties but this doesn’t seem to rise to that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom