National Title Game - UNC vs Gonzaga | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

National Title Game - UNC vs Gonzaga

There is only one national champion. UNC and the ACC.

Stop with the football stadiums. Everyone complains about the terrible shooting, well duh... The shooting is bad because playing in a wide open dome like that for the first time this year is nearly impossible.
Yup. Put it in MSG, Staples, Bankers in Indi etc.

C8ifcUJXcAEcTvK

Ref looking right at Meeks out of bounds and calls a jump ball.
Joke.
The "block" on the Mathews airball was far more egregious.

No, I'm here to say that you're sky is falling crusade didn't pan out.

And yes--an ACC team who was a #1 seed winning the national championship invalidates all of that hand wringing.

But if you want to harp on Wake Forest losing in the first round as a more significant indicator, be my guest.

Sky is falling crusade? lol

I guess if the Zags won tonight then the WCC would be the baddest conference in the land. Silly me I thought conference strength was measured in the aggregate and not by the performance of one team. Wake Forest? lol they actually had one of the better performances of the ugly eight.

The "block" on the Mathews airball was far more egregious.
Matthews was hit on the arm. They were lucky that wasn't called a foul as he air balled it because he was hit.

Worst officiated final I can remember. Zebras ruined the game by calling it too tight. Way too tight. A foul every 15 seconds. Nuts. Zags had their chance. Too many missed free throws. Too many turnovers. And baby Huey missed about half a dozen 2 footers. Glad this season is over...it was just too annoying.

Worst officiated final I can remember. Zebras ruined the game by calling it too tight. Way too tight. A foul every 15 seconds. Nuts. Zags had their chance. Too many missed free throws. Too many turnovers. And baby Huey missed about half a dozen 2 footers. Glad this season is over...it was just too annoying.

Karnowski came up small the whole game. Too many missed chippies and that is a credit to Meek's defense.

Sky is falling crusade? lol

I guess if the Zags won tonight then the WCC would be the baddest conference in the land. Silly me I thought conference strength was measured in the aggregate and not by the performance of one team. Wake Forest? lol they actually had one of the better performances of the ugly eight.

That would be silly of you to proclaim, because the aggregate is more than just the tournament. Which is why when the ACC was considered the best conference in the regular season, and the best team from said conference goes on to win the championship, it validates that label.

It's okay when the circumstances warrant to just admit that you were wrong, that the ACC came through in the end, and that the position you were advocating didn't pan out. :noidea:

Are the UNC fans really booing Emmert??? LOL what planet am I on????

They should. The NCAA is doing its best to screw up the best basketball tournament of the year. Those big empty barns are awful to shoot in, because there's no backdrop. It's completely different from what the kids see all year. And those official NCAA logoed floors are treacherous. Players have been slipping on them for a few years now.

They should. The NCAA is doing its best to screw up the best basketball tournament of the year. Those big empty barns are awful to shoot in, because there's no backdrop. It's completely different from what the kids see all year. And those official NCAA logoed floors are treacherous. Players have been slipping on them for a few years now.
All true. I'd think that Emmert & Co. trying their best to sweep UNC's decade of cheating under the rug would kinda offset that though. I doubt Gonzaga's fans would be booing him over the floor/stadium had they won....

All true. I'd think that Emmert & Co. trying their best to sweep UNC's decade of cheating under the rug would kinda offset that though. I doubt Gonzaga's fans would be booing him over the floor/stadium had they won...
The overprivileged spawn of the Carolina elite (the ones who don't go to Dook) resent the NCAA for even daring to go through the sham of an investigation.

Mark Emmert's Wikipedia page reveals lots of legal areas for the SU chancellor and JB to explore.

But what law firm will they get since NChears uses a big SYRACUSE firm? Very much like a vengeful spouse visiting all the good divorce lawyers in the state so they can't represent the other spouse!

Mark Emmert - Wikipedia

Why did I read UNC fans comments on FB. How any Cuse fan is happy is still beyond me. They literally think their school, team, or whatever did nothing wrong. Sickening. I would rather UCon won again. Roy should be gone, team banned from the postseason, and multiple other sanctions. Yet they win it all, and some Cuse fans are happy. Wake me up when I'm out of the twilight zone.

Why did I read UNC fans comments on FB. How any Cuse fan is happy is still beyond me. They literally think their school, team, or whatever did nothing wrong. Sickening. I would rather UCon won again. Roy should be gone, team banned from the postseason, and multiple other sanctions. Yet they win it all, and some Cuse fans are happy. Wake me up when I'm out of the twilight zone.
Mark Emmert screwed UConn too FWIW when he worked there.

UNC didn't do anything wrong. And I'm happy because a team from our conference won the title instead of a mid-major from the west coast.

UNC didn't do anything wrong. And I'm happy because a team from our conference won the title instead of a mid-major from the west coast.
Are you still playing devil's advocate or what?

That would be silly of you to proclaim, because the aggregate is more than just the tournament. Which is why when the ACC was considered the best conference in the regular season, and the best team from said conference goes on to win the championship, it validates that label.

It's okay when the circumstances warrant to just admit that you were wrong, that the ACC came through in the end, and that the position you were advocating didn't pan out. :noidea:

Why was the ACC considered the best conference during the regular season?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom