NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades

Horford to Boston 4 years 113 million.

Not sure if I like but he is the best FA ever to sign with Boston.

Now let's see how good Brady is at recruiting.

Horford to Boston 4 years 113 million.

Not sure if I like but he is the best FA ever to sign with Boston.

Now let's see how good Brady is at recruiting.
The Celtics got better.

It's still a one team conference in the East unless Durant signs with Boston too.

You have to play the long game, if you're the Celtics.

Definitely. It's all about those Nets picks. Horford's a nice piece but he's not he star Boston needs. If they miss on Durant, one of those picks could still turn into the guy they need.

CmYlMPWWAAAhMF2.jpg

Tom Brady is part of the Celtics recruitment for Kevin Durant
You see KD, if you put less air in the ball, it slows the opponent down...don't dribble, just pass it down court.

And when you shoot, it will help it go in by not having a big spring...

I can also get a mic in the other teams huddle, so you know what play they're running off a TO...

oh you want a video of it streamed to your huddle??...DONE.

The Horford thing is from a buddy with the C's.He said the C's were the only team Horford met with that offered him the max.

OKC and Washington couldn't offer the Max and Atlanta offered less than the Max. Boston offered 4 yrs 113 million. I think Horford is going to pick Boston but the only other team I could see him signing with would be Atlanta if they upped their offer.

Also, Deng and Mozgov costing 34 million a year is just sad. What are the Lakers doing giving these players 4 years. when 2 years down the road the cap is leveling off. Lakers future depends on its young players Russell/Ingram as they won't have a fast rebuild.

I like both Lakers moves. They needed a C and Mozgov was the best guy out there that they were able to get. Compared to the other contracts happening, his deal was fair. And Deng...yeah it's a lot and it's longer than you'd like but that's the price you have to pay if you're a 17 win team trying to add a quality veteran. Deng gives them a credible veteran that can still play, that will help the development of the young guys on and off the court.

Clarkson at 4 for 50 is by far the best value of the entire free agency IMO.

I like what the Lakers are doing...trying to get better while bringing along the young guys that we are building around.

It's still a one team conference in the East unless Durant signs with Boston too.

Agreed. Eventually LeBron will decline though. Short of signing a megastar like Durant, all these teams can seemingly do is wait it out.

I like both Lakers moves. They needed a C and Mozgov was the best guy out there that they were able to get. Compared to the other contracts happening, his deal was fair. And Deng...yeah it's a lot and it's longer than you'd like but that's the price you have to pay if you're a 17 win team trying to add a quality veteran. Deng gives them a credible veteran that can still play, that will help the development of the young guys on and off the court.

Clarkson at 4 for 50 is by far the best value of the entire free agency IMO.

I like what the Lakers are doing...trying to get better while bringing along the young guys that we are building around.

(I had a full day hangover yesterday so I'm just jumping into this thread again now, hope I didn't miss anything)

Lakers were very fortunate on Clarkson that basically no one could really offer him more. I agree that was a hell of a signing. The other 2? i dunno, there's just so much money out there is the issue. They should still be able to open up max space next summer at least

So the Nets have signed Jeremy Lin, Trevor Booker and now signed Tyler Johnson to a 50 million offer sheet.

They are signing all rotation players. Celtics are looking at another top 3 pick. The Nets might have the worst roster in the NBA right now.

If the Celtics can pull the Durant miracle offer they should offer those Nets picks for Jimmy Butler

So the Nets have signed Jeremy Lin, Trevor Booker and now signed Tyler Johnson to a 50 million offer sheet.

They are signing all rotation players. Celtics are looking at another top 3 pick. The Nets might have the worst roster in the NBA right now.

If the Celtics can pull the Durant miracle offer they should offer those Nets picks for Jimmy Butler

I like what the Nets are doing in general, but the roster was so barren before Marks took over, they're going to struggle for a while.

I like what the Nets are doing in general, but the roster was so barren before Marks took over, they're going to struggle for a while.
Do you see them as better than a mid 20 wins team next year? I agree they will be fine in the future with their new GM but the next 2 years Boston owns their picks. I see a top 5 next year and probably a top 10 pick the following year.

Those picks could get a solid player.

Do you see them as better than a mid 20 wins team next year? I agree they will be fine in the future with their new GM but the next 2 years Boston owns their picks. I see a top 5 next year and probably a top 10 pick the following year.

Those picks could get a solid player.

Yeah they're probably going to be terrible next year.

Durant leaves OKC for Golden State.

Good for the Warriors no bitterness from me. I like the players on there team. They are trading Bogut and letting Barnes go for Durant great upgrade.

Atlanta got much better with Dwight Howard. Say what you want about him but Al Horford is one of the most overrated players ever and, imo, doesn't keep Boston from being anymore than first round fodder...maybe second round depending on the matchup but nothing more, just like Al's former team Atlanta.

I commend the Hawks for actually making a roster change that moves the needle.

Ha! Down goes OKC. Will be even more exciting and exhilarating to see the Cavs go for two.

Guess Durant realizes he needs a lotta help. He showed that by choking on a Spalding against Golden State in the playoffs.

The LeBron haterz are going to have even less ground to stand on when he slays the greatest dragon in NBA history.

You can bet 125 dollars to win 100 dollars that Warriors win the NBA title next year. I am happy the people of Cleveland got their title as Golden State looks nasty now.
Steph Curry is the 5th highest paid player on his team right now. Durant-Green-Thompson-Iguadola

Lebron isn't beating this team with his current roster. Instead of Harrison Barnes clanking 3's in the Finals it is going to be a top 5 player and former MVP in his prime Kevin Durant taking those open 3's.

Golden State could rotate their roster to stay fresh on back to backs next year and they should win 70 games next year.
Durant-Curry-Green-Thompson are 4 of the top 15 players in the league right bow.

If Lebron can repeat against this stupid ridiculous team, I will literally view him as Jordan-esque.
LeBron's at a point in his career and life where, I'd guess, he needs challenges. This past season, it was Stephamania. Now, he has the GS Big Three Plus. Giddy-up! Wonder if the NBA TV people will schedule the Cavs-Warriors opening night or on Christmas.

Honestly if I were NBA Commissoner Adam Silver I would not veto any Andrew Bogut trade. If Durant wants to take a lot less money to go to Golden State go ahead but GS needs to move Bogut for him to get a max deal.

Teams in the East can take Bogut for GS to give Durant the max but they would be stupid to give the Warriors any help in building this crazy superpower for the next decade.