NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades

Atlanta got much better with Dwight Howard. Say what you want about him but Al Horford is one of the most overrated players ever and, imo, doesn't keep Boston from being anymore than first round fodder...maybe second round depending on the matchup but nothing more, just like Al's former team Atlanta.

I commend the Hawks for actually making a roster change that moves the needle.

Really disagree with you on Howard-Horford. I think Horford at this point is a much better player than Howard. Which doesn't mean I think Boston is great now but the Hawks I think are worse off essentially trading Al for Dwight.

I am dead serious no NBA GM should trade for Andrew Bogut. If GS can't move him then they can't give Durant the MAX. Let Durant take 12 million a year over 27 million. The NBA team in the East that makes this trade would be a moron helping build the champion for the next 3-6 years.

Acquiring Bogut doesn't help you win the title it only helps GS win them.

I think it's really shortsighted. Dallas is the team going for Bogut the hardest; Bogut is a good player and it can make them better to get them on their team. They probably aren't winning the title either way but they should do whatever they can to help their team do as well as possible.

After his crying over the Chris Paul to the Lakers trade, this just makes me dislike him more. Glad he keeps striking out every year though.

That is pretty funny to me also

I don't think it's a coincidence the Warriors ascent as an organization and destination has compleletely coincided with the ultimate destruction of the Lakers.

I like both Lakers moves. They needed a C and Mozgov was the best guy out there that they were able to get. Compared to the other contracts happening, his deal was fair. And Deng...yeah it's a lot and it's longer than you'd like but that's the price you have to pay if you're a 17 win team trying to add a quality veteran. Deng gives them a credible veteran that can still play, that will help the development of the young guys on and off the court.

Clarkson at 4 for 50 is by far the best value of the entire free agency IMO.

I like what the Lakers are doing...trying to get better while bringing along the young guys that we are building around.

With the west being so stacked LAL could play better and still end up with their top 3 protected pick next year.

Really disagree with you on Howard-Horford. I think Horford at this point is a much better player than Howard. Which doesn't mean I think Boston is great now but the Hawks I think are worse off essentially trading Al for Dwight.

I think it's really shortsighted. Dallas is the team going for Bogut the hardest; Bogut is a good player and it can make them better to get them on their team. They probably aren't winning the title either way but they should do whatever they can to help their team do as well as possible.
I think you'll be surprised by Howard in Atlanta.

Keeping Al would've guaranteed more perpetual mediocrity from the Hawks.

I think you'll be surprised by Howard in Atlanta.

Keeping Al would've guaranteed more perpetual mediocrity from the Hawks.

Maybe. He hasn't been a great player in a long time though. I don't think he has the athleticism he used to.

The media tried to pit Rose and Durant as the "good guys" who "do things the right way" while Lebron was the bad guy. LOL. So dumb.

I like all 3 guys for the record.

Six years ago it was "Kevin Durant would NEVER do what Lebron did". It's a real swing now, I bet everyone who was rooting for Lebron to lose in Miami would be rooting for him to beat the Warriors if they face off in the finals again

Just have to say that compared to the MLB off-season which can take forever, i LOVE the NBA off-season. I can't even tell you how excited I was on thursday night.

ps I definitely have no life

Six years ago it was "Kevin Durant would NEVER do what Lebron did". It's a real swing now, I bet everyone who was rooting for Lebron to lose in Miami would be rooting for him to beat the Warriors if they face off in the finals again
Well, not me at least.

So the Mavs acquire Bogut's 12 million dollar salary and Warriors are signing from Dallas Zaza P for 2.9 million.

The Mavs received no draftpicks from Golden State and gave them a 12 million dollar trade exemption and Golden State signed their replacement for 10 million dollars less from Dallas's roster.

Cuban got played by Golden State. Bogut alone with no draft picks was not worth it to help Golden State's problem.

Last edited:
Just have to say that compared to the MLB off-season which can take forever, i LOVE the NBA off-season. I can't even tell you how excited I was on thursday night.

ps I definitely have no life

"Ball is life"

CmkMaDCWIAEvCBI.jpg

If they don't win the title next year barring Cleveland adding a top 20 player it would be an epic gag.

I guess Parker/Leonard/Aldridge/Gasol have a puncher's chance as well.

If you cant beat them join them, and get a cheap ring. I don't like it.

The thing I keep kinda scratching my head on with him going to GS is it isn't like they were leaps and bounds better than OKC. OKC had them down 3-1 in the WCF and then were in control in the closing minutes of a close out game 6 at home. And you could argue with the additions of Oladipo, Ilyasova and Sabonis they might be better next year had Durant stayed.

Granted he is almost guaranteed to win at least 1 ring in the next few years it just seems like a real bad look for him when it wasn't like he was in that dire of a situation to begin with.

Does D. Wade go to Cleveland now?

I'm pretty sure the only way he can is if he signs a 3 year deal with Miami and is sign-and-traded for Love. I'd be extremely shocked to see that happen.