NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades

I'm pretty sure the only way he can is if he signs a 3 year deal with Miami and is sign-and-traded for Love. I'd be extremely shocked to see that happen.

Well if he was smart with his money so far and wanted to play for a couple million, he could do that as well. Not saying he will, but it is possible.

Well if he was smart with his money so far and wanted to play for a couple million, he could do that as well. Not saying he will, but it is possible.

I think if we've learned anything from DWade over the past week or so, it's that he absolutely will not be accepting a couple million. I think the most Cleveland can offer is $3.4 million.

My semi-random guess from reading the tea leaves would be:

80% he stays with Miami
15% he goes to Milwaukee
5% he goes to one of the other 28 teams

But the whole hangup with Wade is that after thirteen years and three rings he never been the highest paid guy on the team. I can't see him going to Cleveland what they could offer.

But the whole hangup with Wade is that after thirteen years and three rings he never been the highest paid guy on the team. I can't see him going to Cleveland what they could offer.

For sure, not saying this is guaranteed to happen, but I think he would be more willing to take a pay cut somewhere else than he would Miami. I'm sure they still are the odd's on favorite to get him back, but media outlets have brought this up as a possibility.

So the Mavs acquire Bogut's 12 million dollar salary and Warriors are signing from Dallas Zaza P for 2.9 million.

The Mavs received no draftpicks from Golden State and gave them a 12 million dollar trade exemption and Golden State signed their replacement for 10 million dollars less from Dallas's roster.

Cuban got played by Golden State. Bogut alone with no draft picks was not worth it to help Golden State's problem.

Bogut for 12 million is good value. I think you're way off on this. Dallas is trying to win games and make the playoffs.

Would OKC trade Westbrook for Jaylen Brown, 2016 and 2017 Brooklyn picks, 2018 Memphis pick, 2019 Clipper pick, one or two Boston picks, Isiah Thomas or Avery Bradley, and Jared Sullinger?

Would OKC trade Westbrook for Jaylen Brown, 2016 and 2017 Brooklyn picks, 2018 Memphis pick, 2019 Clipper pick, one or two Boston picks, Isiah Thomas or Avery Bradley, and Jared Sullinger?

Probably, but would Boston trade all of that for likely one year of Westbrook?

The only way you do that if you are Danny Ainge is if you agree to get Westbrook to sign an extension.

Bogut for 12 million is good value. I think you're way off on this. Dallas is trying to win games and make the playoffs.
Dallas can try to win games and not help GS. They could have resigned Zaza for less than 12 million or Roy Hibbert for 5 million.

I don't see Dallas as a playoff team even if they resign Dirk.

GS, SA, LAC, Portland, Utah, Minnesota, Memphis are all better. Then you have Dallas, Houston, Oklahoma City fighting for that last spot.

They might; there can be value in getting a guy to your team before he hits FA. It seems like more often than not you're able to keep the guy. (he says, making that up off the top of his head)

Boston should definitely be calling Sam Presti right now

Dallas can try to win games and not help GS. They could have resigned Zaza for less than 12 million or Roy Hibbert for 5 million.

I don't see Dallas as a playoff team even if they resign Dirk.

GS, SA, LAC, Portland, Utah, Minnesota, Memphis are all better. Then you have Dallas, Houston, Oklahoma City fighting for that last spot.

We don't know if Zaza wanted to go back to Dallas. He obviously had the chance to make a lot more money than he did with Golden State with any # of teams.

My only point is that in Dallas's case, they probably aren't winning the title either way. So I'm not sure why they really care who wins it. They should be doing everything they can to improve their team.

Ainge would have to get Westbrook to sign an extension as part of the deal.

Maybe he would, but at least publicly, Westbrook has said he will be entering free agency no matter what and basically everyone expects him to sign with LA or NY.

I can think of Dwight Howard leaving LAL after being traded with 1 year left.
Harden, Paul and Garnett resigned as part of their trades.

If Pressti keeps Westbrook he is getting nothing for 2 of the top 8 players in the league.

Lakers could offer one or 2 Russell, Ingram, Randle and Clarkson and that would fit the trade machine.

Maybe he would, but at least publicly, Westbrook has said he will be entering free agency no matter what and basically everyone expects him to sign with LA or NY.
I haven't heard NY at all. The presumption is the Lakers.
He could resign now for 5 years 130 million or during the season next year the max offer would be 5 years 202 million if he signs with his incumbent team.

A 4 year 138 million is what he will get from a non-incumbent team.

He could resign now for 5 years 130 million or during the season next year the max offer would be 5 years 202 million if he signs with his incumbent team.

Yeah I haven't really heard much about the Knicks. Everyone seems to think LA, which who knows.
I don't think Paul technically re-signed, I seem to remember he opted in and then signed later on. Ditto with Kevin Love i think? Dwight is the one guy I thought of who didn't stay.

Broussard was just saying today that everyone around the league believes he will be deciding between those two due to his fashion ventures basically.

We don't know if Zaza wanted to go back to Dallas. He obviously had the chance to make a lot more money than he did with Golden State with any # of teams.

My only point is that in Dallas's case, they probably aren't winning the title either way. So I'm not sure why they really care who wins it. They should be doing everything they can to improve their team.
As well as doing everything they can to make additional revenue from having playoff games in their arena.

As well as doing everything they can to make additional revenue from having playoff games in their arena.

Right, is Cuban going to be any happier in 12 months if the Cavs win the title instead of the Warriors?

Right, is Cuban going to be any happier in 12 months if the Cavs win the title instead of the Warriors?
I doubt you watch Bill Simmons HBO show but last week he didn't seem to like the Warriors owner for that New York Times magazine article. He did like Jimmy Dolan and defended him from shots from Malcolm Gladwell and Bill Simmons.

I think if we've learned anything from DWade over the past week or so, it's that he absolutely will not be accepting a couple million. I think the most Cleveland can offer is $3.4 million.

My semi-random guess from reading the tea leaves would be:

80% he stays with Miami
15% he goes to Milwaukee
5% he goes to one of the other 28 teams
I think odds are slightly higher he stays put. Some people talk smack on Milwaukee as a destination, but DWade grew up just 90 miles down the lake in Chicago.

I doubt you watch Bill Simmons HBO show but last week he didn't seem to like the Warriors owner for that New York Times magazine article. He did like Jimmy Dolan and defended him from shots from Malcolm Gladwell and Bill Simmons.

Lost some respect for Cuban. Then again, to Cuban, Dolan is probably like the terrible fantasy owner in your league.

I think odds are slightly higher he stays put. Some people talk smack on Milwaukee as a destination, but DWade grew up just 90 miles down the lake in Chicago.

Milwaukee meeting is canceled.

Cmnqhs9XgAAM6CU.jpg

Look at the last 2 follows for the Cavs twitter account.