NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades

Cmnqhs9XgAAM6CU.jpg

Look at the last 2 follows for the Cavs twitter account.
They're just stirring it up.

A sign-and-trade could work, but it would probably cost them Thompson or Love in the process, in which case I don't think it's worth it for Cleveland.

Agreed, the reason Cleveland won the series outside of Lebron/Kyrie was Thompson and Loves rebounding. That's the one advantage they will still have.

A sign-and-trade could work, but it would probably cost them Thompson or Love in the process, in which case I don't think it's worth it for Cleveland.
I was thinking a Love-for-Wade swap might be a way, but don't wanna see Love go. And Thompson...no way in Hades I'd consider giving him up for a 34-year-old with knee issues.

Agreed, the reason Cleveland won the series outside of Lebron/Kyrie was Thompson and Loves rebounding. That's the one advantage they will still have.
True dat, plus, after two years of trying to make it all mesh, I'd dare say Love'll be a better fit offensively next season, too.

This was the moment Love won me over. The defensive "soft spot" coming up huge in the clutch. Thompson, who might've switched onto Curry, was on the bench, taken out for an offensive "spacing" sub, Jefferson, on the previous possession when Irving drilled the dagger over Curry.

True dat, plus, after two years of trying to make it all mesh, I'd dare say Love'll be a better fit offensively next season, too.

This was the moment Love won me over. The defensive "soft spot" coming up huge in the clutch. Thompson, who might've switched onto Curry, was on the bench, taken out for an offensive "spacing" sub, Jefferson, on the previous possession when Irving drilled the dagger over Curry.

Love did a great job of taking away the 3 there. But Curry was awful there...way too set on taking a 3 at all costs. Curry was basically by Love twice but he stopped because he wanted a 3. Too much time left in the game for that, should have gottten into the lane and gotten two since that was there.

Golden State bench is elite. West, Livingston, Iguadola, Speights. Disgusting how good their roster is.

Golden State bench is elite. West, Livingston, Iguadola, Speights. Disgusting how good their roster is.

My god.

Edit: Speights is a FA isn't he?

Im so annoyed KD went to GS now.

He turned the most likeable superstar ever (Steph) into an evil Batman corrupted by a coattail riding Robin who wants to go ring chasing.

I want nothing but losses for Golden State now but I love everything Steph represents.

The Warriors don't have to renounce Speights Bird rights they can and want to resign him.

According to this:
Here's what Warriors must do to make Kevin Durant's contract work under salary cap
and a few other sources, the Warriors had to renounce Speights' bird rights in order to sign Durant, so they can't go over the cap for him. The most they can offer is around $3 mil (the lone exception they have), or a minimum contract.

I'm not sure Speights will be willing to take that much of a pay cut but I guess it depends on what other teams offer him.

Knicks fans, Phil is low key forming a very respectable team.

Rose/Jennings
Lee/Galloway
Melo/Thomas
KP/KoQ
Noah/Hernangomez

Meh. I think they're likely just a fringe playoff team/first round exit. I don't view Rose and Noah as above average starters anymore, but maybe they'll prove me wrong. I think that team likely finishes in the 8-12 range in the East.

According to this:
Here's what Warriors must do to make Kevin Durant's contract work under salary cap
and a few other sources, the Warriors had to renounce Speights' bird rights in order to sign Durant, so they can't go over the cap for him. The most they can offer is around $3 mil (the lone exception they have), or a minimum contract.

I'm not sure Speights will be willing to take that much of a pay cut but I guess it depends on what other teams offer him.

I think that article is off a little? As far as I can tell they used the room exception on Zaza, so it wouldn't be available for Speights?

Meh. I think they're likely just a fringe playoff team/first round exit. I don't view Rose and Noah as above average starters anymore, but maybe they'll prove me wrong. I think that team likely finishes in the 8-12 range in the East.

I can see a path to Noah being an average or better starter. Rose, not so much.

Agree with you on Rose, but I think Noah can be an above average center. I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt for his poor play on offense with Hoiberg as coach. He still was effective defensively, and I think thats the main reason they got him.

Rose's biggest problem is as his athleticism has deterioted, he hasn't improved his shooting. Not sure that will ever change. He never was a pass first PG, and that's what I think this team needs with KP and Melo.

KP does have a chance to make a huge jump though. If he does the Knicks can be pretty good.

Agree with you on Rose, but I think Noah can be an above average center. I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt for his poor play on offense with Hoiberg as coach. He still was effective defensively, and I think thats the main reason they got him.

Rose's biggest problem is as his athleticism has deterioted, he hasn't improved his shooting. Not sure that will ever change. He never was a pass first PG, and that's what I think this team needs with KP and Melo.

KP does have a chance to make a huge jump though. If he does the Knicks can be pretty good.

Yeah, I think KP is probably the big variable in this. If he plateaus, I think you're probably in the lower range of what I predicted. If he makes a leap, you might exceed my range. And if he simply shows improvement, then who knows?

A lot will also depend on the rest of the East. If Bosh comes back, Miami is still good. Atlanta will be fine IMO. Cleveland, Toronto, Boston, and Indiana are probably locks for the playoffs. I'm guessing the Hornets will take a step back this year. I think Detroit, Chicago, and Washington will all be solid again. Orlando, Milwaukee, and Philly should at least be more competitive than they were a year ago. It seems like pretty much every team in the East should be improved or still be decent next year. It's just that Cleveland is still far and away the best team.

Could be a very interesting playoff race this year.

Rose is whatever as no one knows what to expect out of him but at the very least, Rose/Jennings is lights years better than Calderon/Grant.

Lee is better than Afflalo.

KP "should" make some kind of jump and I'd take Noah over Lopez.

Team improved, but how much depends on health and cohesion.

Rose is whatever as no one knows what to expect out of him but at the very least, Rose/Jennings is lights years better than Calderon/Grant.

Lee is better than Afflalo.

KP "should" make some kind of jump and I'd take Noah over Lopez.

Team improved, but how much depends on health and cohesion.

Honestly, Rose was probably worse than the Knicks PG situation last year. He was awful. True shooting% of 48%. That's really poor.
If Noah is healthy he can be better than Lopez for sure, like I said, I definitely see the path to him being average or better; but let's also remember the guy shot 38% from the field last year.

I think the two biggest things the Knicks need will be 1) KP making some kind of a leap, and 2) Noah vastly outplaying last year. Both of those things are very possible.

Honestly, Rose was probably worse than the Knicks PG situation last year. He was awful. True shooting% of 48%. That's really poor.
If Noah is healthy he can be better than Lopez for sure, like I said, I definitely see the path to him being average or better; but let's also remember the guy shot 38% from the field last year.

I think the two biggest things the Knicks need will be 1) KP making some kind of a leap, and 2) Noah vastly outplaying last year. Both of those things are very possible.

Yeah, I just looked at his bball reference page and it is bad. -14 points per 100 possessions with him on the court last year and -11 the year before. WOW.