NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades

Not that this will happen, but it would be awesome of Lebron decides for the rest of his career to just team hop embattled franchises that either have never won a title, or haven't been good in a long time.

if only there was a team I root for that fits that description
Indeed. It would be a really unprecedented legacy though, right? Like, not only hunt championships, but hunt them for franchises in need.

Knicks would be a great candidate. Maybe the Suns. The Jazz. T'wolves. Nugs. Pacers. The Magic, Nets. Some of those teams have some talent, and a star like Lebron could push them over the top.

Indeed. It would be a really unprecedented legacy though, right? Like, not only hunt championships, but hunt them for franchises in need.

Knicks would be a great candidate. Maybe the Suns. The Jazz. T'wolves. Nugs. Pacers. The Magic, Nets. Some of those teams have some talent, and a star like Lebron could push them over the top.

I agree I think it would be amazing. Going from team to team and winning a ring. Might make him the GOAT

If Lebron tells the Clips he's coming if they get Melo, they'll get Melo. Whatever it takes.

I'm not sure they have anything that would entice New York to trade Melo unless Phil/Horny really want DeAndre.

First trade!

Atlanta gets: #12 pick
Utah gets: George Hill
Indiana gets: Jeff Teague

What the heck is Utah doing? 12th pick for George Hill. Utah is dumb.
I get it for Indiana and Atlanta.

Is Utah trading Haywood for the 3rd pick?

Hill is a pretty good player and they desperately need a PG.

Utah's desperately needed a PG and Hill is the perfect complimentary piece. Shoots it well, defends, can create some when he needs to, but he won't get in Hayward/Hood/Favors' way. Utah's trying to make a playoff push and this helps significantly more than whatever they'd get at 12 would. Plus it had been rumored that they simply didn't like anybody in this draft.

And no, I highly doubt they trade Hayward at all, much less for the #3 pick. It would cost more than that.

Apparently the Hawks intend to use the 12th pick on Malachi Richardson.

Really nice deal for the Jazz. They now have a complete starting lineup, and Hill/Exum/Hood/Burks/Mack is a really solid, really versatile guard rotation.

Apparently the Hawks intend to use the 12th pick on Malachi Richardson.

Just curious, but did you read that somewhere? I would have thought they could have just tried to jump up to 16 if all they want is Malachi. I have a hard time seeing anyone from 13-16 taking him unless Boston was keyed in on him since they have so many picks.

Just curious, but did you read that somewhere? I would have thought they could have just tried to jump up to 16 if all they want is Malachi. I have a hard time seeing anyone from 13-16 taking him unless Boston was keyed in on him since they have so many picks.
Wojo was on the radio and said the Hawks are leaning towards Malachi Richardson at 12 unless someone high on their board slips.

Wojo was on the radio and said the Hawks are leaning towards Malachi Richardson at 12 unless someone high on their board slips.

Interesting, thanks!

DraftExpress is saying teams around the league believe Atlanta will target Jakob Poeltl, Deyonta Davis, or Domantas Sabonis at 12.

DraftExpress is saying teams around the league believe Atlanta will target Jakob Poeltl, Deyonta Davis, or Domantas Sabonis at 12.
You won't like this the other team in discussion to take Richardson in the lottery is the Bucks at 10.

Malachi is very likely going first half of the first round.

I heard that they really like Sabonis.

Lol Rose to the Knicks. Go New York go New York Go.

So they rent Rose and if he does well they would likely pay him and those knees. If he sucks they let that salary go after the year.

I guess its worth the gamble and without the triangle its more appealing.

You won't like this the other team in discussion to take Richardson in the lottery is the Bucks at 10.

Yeah, I don't really buy that one at all. Pretty confident we're locked in on Dejounte Murray or a big man. I'll admit the fact that we brought him in for a workout when he doesn't really make sense for us gives me pause though.

Wasn't there talk of Philly moving somewhere in the 9-11 range to take him as well? that may have died down.

Knicks get: Derrick Rose, 2nd round pick, scrub guard that will be cut
Bulls get: Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant, Jose Calderon

Lol Rose to the Knicks. Go New York go New York Go.

So they rent Rose and if he does well they would likely pay him and those knees. If he sucks they let that salary go after the year.

I guess its worth the gamble and without the triangle its more appealing.

That would be a disaster.