NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

The scary thing about the relative small amount of cap space is it probably means the Warriors will be in a good position to upgrade their depth with the exceptions
Yeah I am worried about JJ Redick to Golden State if the 76ers renounce his FA rights.
Golden State has the 8 million dollar MLE.
It could get them a good player.

The TWolves totally overpaid on Wiggins based on the lack of money going to be out there the next 2 years.

The TWolves totally overpaid on Wiggins based on the lack of money going to be out there the next 2 years.

Also the fact that he's not really good.

Yeah I am worried about JJ Redick to Golden State if the 76ers renounce his FA rights.
Golden State has the 8 million dollar MLE.
It could get them a good player.

They could definitely use a wing player. Redick would get some looks on that team for sure.

The Bay area writers are pushing Redick, Barton, and Trevor Ariza as possible additions to the Warriors. Ariza would be interesting as it would also hurt the Rockets.

The Bay area writers are pushing Redick, Barton, and Trevor Ariza as possible additions to the Warriors. Ariza would be interesting as it would also hurt the Rockets.

I think I like Ariza the best of those 3 for them? Gives them a little more positional flexibility.

The scary thing about the relative small amount of cap space is it probably means the Warriors will be in a good position to upgrade their depth with the exceptions

Yep, I posted about this earlier in the playoffs...the Warriors landing JJ Redick on the MLE is a semi-realistic outcome this offseason and just contemplate how awful that would be for someone to spend all game chasing Klay and Steph around screens and then you see them subbed out and breathe easy for a moment before realizing that it's JJ Redick entering the game and you're going to have to continue doing the same thing. 48 minutes of chasing those 3 around screens might be enough to get teams to forfeit.

To the original question though, I think the answer is that there will be more trades than usual and also a lot of restricted free agents accepting qualifying offers and waiting until next year to take their chances on the open market.

Edit: Found my original post:
Also, related to this cap space talk, there's gonna be a lot of solid players stuck signing for the MLE I think. For example, if Philly plays its cards and ends up getting a max guy, I think a guy like JJ Redick could end up considering signing with Golden State for the MLE. Can you imagine how depressing it would be if you're an opposing SG and you're stuck chasing Klay around screens all game and then when you're supposed to get a breather, you have to chase JJ?

Someone like Brook Lopez could be forced to sign for the MLE too; I could see him potentially being a target for the Milwaukee Bucks. Not many C's provide the rim protection and 3 point shooting that Brook does and that would be a very valuable thing to have with Giannis as the PF.

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Trevor Ariza, Derrick Favors (who I think is another logical target for Milwaukee), Avery Bradley, Nerlens Noel, Tyreke Evans, Dwyane Wade...all these guys could easily be forced to sign for the MLE somewhere.

Yep, I think I posted here a while back that they could have saved roughly half that money if they simply waited until the offseason to sign him. That was an insanely bad move on their part.

Yep, I think I posted here a while back that they could have saved roughly half that money if they simply waited until the offseason to sign him. That was an insanely bad move on their part.
Half? That might be a lot. But definitely for less.

I think Durant will stay in Golden State this upcoming season but might consider moving elsewhere later on. It seems like there must be a reason that they're never mentioned beyond having a bad GM, but I feel like the Wizards have a decent opportunity to add a 3rd star-ish level player if they want to. They can send Otto Porter in a trade as the main piece going back and with him being paid $26 million, they can easily match salaries with like Markieff Morris or Marcin Gortat or something. Maybe Durant would be interested in DC next time he leaves now that he already has his titles.

I know Jalen Rose thinks that Durant will sign with the Knicks in a couple years, but we'll see. Doesn't make much sense to me, but Jalen does have some connections.

I think LeBron is probably headed to the Lakers...I think them, Houston, and the Spurs would be the top 3 choices if I were in his shoes.

Re KD to the Knicks, just my personal opinion, but I can't imagine someone as successful and wealthy as KD wanting to have to deal with an owner like Dolan in his later years.

Just seems like a headache for someone that is likely trying to become a billionaire to deal with.

Re KD to the Knicks, just my personal opinion, but I can't imagine someone as successful and wealthy as KD wanting to have to deal with an owner like Dolan in his later years.

Just seems like a headache for someone that is likely trying to become a billionaire to deal with.

He's not going to be able to resist the core of Frank, Trae Young, and KP.

He's not going to be able to resist the core of Frank, Trae Young, and KP.
Trae Young isn’t getting to 9.
That win over the Cavs on the last night cost them a coin flip for 8.
I think these guys will be off the board by the Knicks pick.
Ayton
Doncic
Bagley
Bamba
Porter
Young

These guys are top 6 picks.
Then Jackson Jr., Bridges, Carter, Sexton in some order round out the top 10.
If the Knicks got Young at 9 they would be doing cartwheels.

Trae Young isn’t getting to 9.
That win over the Cavs on the last night cost them a coin flip for 8.
I think these guys will be off the board by the Knicks pick.
Ayton
Doncic
Bagley
Bamba
Porter
Young

These guys are top 6 picks.
Then Jackson Jr., Bridges, Carter, s e xton in some order round out the top 10.
If the Knicks got Young at 9 they would be doing cartwheels.

I know, I love Trae, I don't think he's gonna be there. I think Jackson is probably gone inside of the top 6 as well. I would not be a fan of S e x ton. Carter I would be cool with. It'll probably be S e x ton or one of the Bridges though

Half? That might be a lot. But definitely for less.

Probably not quite THAT much, but I think it would be closer than you think. He got a $150 million extension over 5 years. On the open market as a restricted free agent, I believe other teams could only offer 4 years. The number of teams that can afford to offer anyone a 4/$75 million deal is extremely small this year and I'm not sure how many teams think he's even worth that much right now.

I know, I love Trae, I don't think he's gonna be there. I think Jackson is probably gone inside of the top 6 as well. I would not be a fan of S e x ton. Carter I would be cool with. It'll probably be S e x ton or one of the Bridges though

I still think the Knicks should be taking a close look at Robert Williams at 9. I think he'd be an awesome fit next to Porzingis.

I still think the Knicks should be taking a close look at Robert Williams at 9. I think he'd be an awesome fit next to Porzingis.

I believe they either worked him out or are having him in for one shortly

Kevin O'Connor reporting that the Kings and Mavs are open to trading down and that the Clippers and Bucks are two teams to keep an eye on trading up. He says the Clippers want Luka Doncic or Michael Porter; doesn't mention who the Bucks are targeting but the context seems to imply that the Bucks might be trying to trade with the Kings or Mavs, which seems crazy/scary to me.

Edit: Reading the excerpt again, I guess it actually isn't very clear about what exactly the Bucks are trying to do.

Last edited:
Any shot we trade up for a big man Alsacs
I doubt Danny is trading Rozier right now with the Kyrie stuff.
Thus I doubt the Celtics are moving up this draft.
I don’t believe the Bamba stuff.
The Celtics like Michael Porter Jr. the most of any player in this draft.

The more you look at LeBron James free agency it’s basically LA or Cleveland.

Philadelphia just doesn’t fit.
Houston I can’t see Harden, Paul, James co-existing. No way the ball could be shared.
San Antonio doesn’t have the cap space.
Boston too much baggage.

It’s Lakers or Cavs. I can’t see him wanting to play with the crap Cleveland roster again.

What about Chris Paul and LeBron sign with Lakers and the Lakers trade Ingram to OKC in a sign and trade for Paul George?

Last edited:
The more you look at LeBron James free agency it’s bssvislly LA or Cleveland.

Philadelphia just doesn’t fit.
Houston I can’t see Harden, Paul, James co-existing. No way the ball could be shared.
San Antonio doesn’t have the cap space.
Boston too much baggage.

It’s Lakers or Cavs. I can’t see him wanting to play with the crap Cleveland roster again.

What about Chris Paul and LeBron sign with Lakers and the Lakers trade Ingram to OKC in a sign and trade for Paul George?
I keep waiting for a third team that's lurking in a sign and trade scenario to emerge.

I need every single trade/free agency/draft rumor injected directly into my veins. I love all of it
But we really should start a new thread on it and pin the bow on this one. Playoffs are done.

Wonder if Toronto’s an option if they shipped out Demar. Would make a lot of sense imo.

I keep waiting for a third team that's lurking in a sign and trade scenario to emerge.

Someone, somewhere on twitter made a good point on the sign and trade thing with Lebron; if Lebron leaves, unless you're getting fantastic assets for him, the Cavs #1 goal may be to duck the luxury tax, so they really wouldn't want to take much salary back. So, it could make a sign and trade hard to make work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom