NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

I don’t put them at the same level of Curry/Klay. Curry/Klay changed the league. They’re that influential. Even if you make that argument, Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers, Shane Battier etc don’t equal Draymond Green, Shaun Livingston and Andre Iguodala.

In 2010, Wade was 28 years old, coming off two straight seasons where he was first team All NBA and finished 3rd and 5th in MVP voting. He was one of the very best players in the game, in his prime, had already lead a team to a championship, and already one of the best 2 Guards of all time. No need to split hairs.

And Bosh had been an all star 5 straight years.

I have zero problem with players moving. The hot stove in basketball has become bigger than the regular season IMO.

I just don’t see a difference in what Lebron and KD have done in switching teams. They are looking for the most talented teammates to help them get over the top.

I just find it odd a lot of the Lebron fans complain so much about KD and call him a b!!!h on twitter when Lebron will probably make a move this summer to give himself the best chance to beat KD/Steph and the Warriors, but will come up with an excuse why it’s different.

Now if Lebron joins KD and Steph I will be right there with you saying it’s ridiculous and the Warriors have basically created the US Olympic team.
What KD did is unprecedented in the league. I’m not a LeBron superfan. I didn’t like him for much of his career but I’ve come to a point where I respect the hell out of him as a baller now.

Regardless, LeBron had to rebuild his image after being the super villain during his Heat years. As frowned upon as creating a superteam was, it’s nothing compared to the 2nd best player in the world joining a team that’s been to 3 straight Finals, won 2, and just beat you while having a Top 5 guy themselves and 2 other All-Stars as well.

In 2010, Wade was 28 years old, coming off two straight seasons where he was first team All NBA and finished 3rd and 5th in MVP voting. He was one of the very best players in the game, in his prime, had already lead a team to a championship, and already one of the best 2 Guards of all time. No need to split hairs.

And Bosh had been an all star 5 straight years.
Agree to disagree. I don’t think many people would take prime Wade over prime Steph OR prime Bosh over prime Klay but even if you think that’s a push, Iggy/Dray **** on anyone else the Heat had.

Agree to disagree. I don’t think many people would take prime Wade over prime Steph OR prime Bosh over prime Klay but even if you think that’s a push, Iggy/Dray **** on anyone else the Heat had.

Wade had one of the all time great finals against the Mavs in 06. He was probably the best player in the league that year. Not much different from Steph IMO.

Wade had one of the all time great finals against the Mavs in 06. He was probably the best player in the league that year. Not much different from Steph IMO.
Still haven’t addressed the fact that the Warriors are almost unbeatable, when healthy, with Iggy and who on the Heat can be compared to Draymond?

Also, I’d much rather defend the Heat than the Warriors. You can help off Bosh/Wade to defend Lebron and live with them shooting threes. You literally can’t move an inch off Curry/Klay to shade towards KD.

There was a legit argument at the time of “its Wade’s team” vs. “it’s Bron’s team”. And Wade was way better than LeBron in the finals that first year.

Like I said, regardless of who was better between 2016 Curry and 2010 Wade...its splitting hairs.

In no way is it the same thing. The Heat weren’t coming off two Finals appearances, winning one and a tech suspension away from winning the otber. Dwayne Wade wasn’t Steph and Bosh wasnt Klay. LeBron didn’t get beat by them, then decide to leave his contending team to join them. Nah, not even close. LeBron caught heat for what he did but KD dwarfed that move.

So KD should’ve sentenced himself to a careers worth of being chained to Russ, while everybody got their “lulz, no rings” and blame game on?

In a way, i kinda like him sticking it back up people’s asses. Like “oh, you all want to be stupid? Let’s get stupid. Now watch me win “rings” and finals MVP every year.”

Punk move by James not staying on the court like the rest of the cavs to shake hands and congratulate the warriors.

he's pulled that move before. Vs. Boston in 2010 ECF

I don’t put them at the same level of Curry/Klay. Curry/Klay changed the league. They’re that influential. Even if you make that argument, Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers, Shane Battier etc don’t equal Draymond Green, Shaun Livingston and Andre Iguodala.
I think you're really underrating Wade.

Don't forget, Wade got his own championship before LeBron got one with him.

So KD should’ve sentenced himself to a careers worth of being chained to Russ, while everybody got their “lulz, no rings” and blame game on?

In a way, i kinda like him sticking it back up people’s asses. Like “oh, you all want to be stupid? Let’s get stupid. Now watch me win “rings” and finals MVP every year.”
Let’s not act like Golden State is the only other team in the league. KD’s sensitive ass would love the handful of you in this thread that seem to like him. He sure as hell gets bent out of shape that most NBA fans consider him to be a clown and/or “cheese butt”.

Let’s not act like Golden State is the only other team in the league. KD’s sensitive ass would love the handful of you in this thread that seem to like him. He sure as hell gets bent out of shape that most NBA fans consider him to be a clown and/or “cheese butt”.

Him being an insecure bitch who keeps burner accounts and whines about blog boys is separate from joining the Warriors.

I’m not a KD lover or hater, and I know you’re not a Lebron fanatic, but I do find it ironic that most of the Lebron fans are the same people that think KD is a clown. It’s very evident on social media.

I don’t particularly like or dislike him. He seems like a weird guy and certainly comes off as very insecure and sensitive (see the burner twitter accounts).

Great, great player though. He’s got a hell of a resume. Like top 15-20 player of all time level resume.

Career averages of 27, 7, and 4. 4 scoring titles, an MVP, 2 championships, 2 finals MVP’s, 9 time all star, 7 time All NBA(5 first teams) and he’s not even 30 yet?

Good grief.

So is Bron going to get hammered for his self inflicted hand injury? I imagine if it was KD he would be called weak. No?

So is Bron going to get hammered for his self inflicted hand injury? I imagine if it was KD he would be called weak. No?
No, but... as dumb as J.R. was at the end of game one, LeBron injuring himself out of frustration might be dumber.

Him being an insecure bitch who keeps burner accounts and whines about blog boys is separate from joining the Warriors.
It is and isn’t. He clearly yearns for validation. Joining the Warriors to dominate isn’t bringing him that.

I truly think he thought this would validate his greatness. It won’t, unless he leaves and does it somewhere else.

No, because he averaged 34, 10, and 9.

Not a good look though. If he couldn’t play or played poorly after it, he’d deserve to get roasted.

The Cavs needed Kyrie.
With how Kevin Love played the whole series they just missed a second banana.
If they had Kyrie this is a real series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom