NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

The Kings have assembled the all-injured, no defense, 30 game a year, Duke PF super team.

1581024751310.png

The Kings have assembled the all-injured, no defense, 30 game a year, Duke PF super team.

View attachment 176428

Personally, I blame Coach K for all of their shortcomings. Kids, stop going to Duke as they just churn out injury prone guys who don’t play defense. They obviously have a poor strength and conditioning program, run their guys into the ground, and don’t teach defensive fundamentals.

Clippers released Isiah Thomas.
He is a guy the Celtics fanbase loves.
I would love him on the roster as the 4th PG over Tremont Waters send him to the G league and sign Thomas.

If Tristan Thompson gets bought out by the Cavs (he seems a bit unwilling right now), he would seem like a good fit for the Celtics,

Would like to bring him home to Toronto as an insurance big, but seems like he would get a bigger role with Boston.

He has a player option. He is going to be a FA. Cleveland did this for cap space. They aren’t going to resign him when they have Tristan Thompson.
That lineup wouldn’t work.
They can probably save some money and buy him out.

I don't think you can guy a player out of a team option?

I don't think you can guy a player out of a team option?
It can be done but Cleveland wants to see what Drummond has. I was wrong about a buyout. Cleveland isn’t buying out Thompson either.
They better hope Drummond opts out or a Love/Drummond duo eats a lot of cap space and is a brutal combo.
Kevin Love IMO has the worst current contract in the NBA.

I love that the Knicks have swap rights with the Clippers in 2021. Trying to imagine the scenario where they swap with LA
Paul George and Kawhi Leonard tear ACLs.

It can be done but Cleveland wants to see what Drummond has. I was wrong about a buyout. Cleveland isn’t buying out Thompson either.
They better hope Drummond opts out or a Love/Drummond duo eats a lot of cap space and is a brutal combo.
Kevin Love IMO has the worst current contract in the NBA.

Cleveland would be fine with buying out Thompson apparently and saving a few bucks.
But Thompson doesn't want it. Apparently his agent is strongly against it, because when you get bought out, you lose your bird rights, which creates some flexibility in the offseason.

It was really tough for the Raptors to make any trades here (no salary filler), so I was glad nobody in the East made any big moves.

Milwaukee didn't really need to do anything, but its that race between #2 and #6. that concerns me, and nobody made a big move. (Don't consider Iggy a big acquisition). I was glad to see Danilo did not get moved in the end as was being negotiated.

I have never seen a home/road split as crazy as the 76ers

22-2 at home.
9-18 on the road.

I love that the Knicks have swap rights with the Clippers in 2021. Trying to imagine the scenario where they swap with LA

Clippers get charged with severe violations of the CBA.

The East playoff race is very interesting.
Milwaukee will be the one seed.
Race for 2-3 will be between
Toronto, Boston, Miami.

Race for 5-6 will be between Philadelphia, Indiana.

Philadelphia has a Shaq-Kobe Lakers problem with Embiid and Simmons.
I wonder if they will move one of them and which one it would be.

I think the Sixers are going to be the 6 seed on purpose to avoid Milwaukee second round.

Toronto, Boston, Miami.

I think the Sixers are going to be the 6 seed on purpose to avoid Milwaukee second round.

Not sure if Philly will get to #6 on purpose, it might just happen naturally. I am still fearful of them because they were the best opponent the Raptors faced last year, but in retrospect that loss of Jimmy Butler is huge.

But the positioning of 2-6 is very intriguing I agree.
Getting second is huge to avoid a good team in the first round.
Getting third is a decent consolation price.

Toronto, Boston, Miami.

They wish it were a Shaq-Kobe problem. Those two worked fine together; they just each wanted to be the guy. This is more like a rich man's version of the Monroe/Drummond/Josh Smith Pistons team; Embiid & Simmons are certainly better players than the Pistons guys but are equally a terrible fit together. They should have broken them up a while ago IMO.

They wish it were a Shaq-Kobe problem. Those two worked fine together; they just each wanted to be the guy. This is more like a rich man's version of the Monroe/Drummond/Josh Smith Pistons team; Embiid & Simmons are certainly better players than the Pistons guys but are equally a terrible fit together. They should have broken them up a while ago IMO.

Were a shot away from the ECF last year so were to scared to split it up. Should reach that point this summer if they go out in round 2 again. I'd deal Embiid if I had to move 1. Simmons skill set and effort level are more trustworthy as a building block for me. What do you trade Embiid for? Crazy to think about what a good trade package is for him. McCollum/Nurkic?

Were a shot away from the ECF last year so were to scared to split it up. Should reach that point this summer if they go out in round 2 again. I'd deal Embiid if I had to move 1. Simmons skill set and effort level are more trustworthy as a building block for me. What do you trade Embiid for? Crazy to think about what a good trade package is for him. McCollum/Nurkic?
That isn't a bad package.
I would kick around Porzingis and Jokic as well. See if either Dallas or Denver would be interested.
Jokic probably less but I think Embiid is better than Jokic.
Aldridge from SA isn't enough.
Boston needs a big but Philly wouldn't trade Embiid for Tatum or Brown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom