NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Either that, or he’s cooked by age 28. I could see it going either way.
If he is at a crappy organization, or decides to leave the Mavs for a crappy one, that's definitely on the table.

I trust Cuban though.

If he is at a crappy organization, or decides to leave the Mavs for a crappy one, that's definitely on the table.

I trust Cuban though.
That too, but some guys bodies just don’t hold up regardless, or they lose a step kinda early. Though to be fair, it seems to happen to all different body types and for different reasons: McGrady, Penny, LJ, Love, Vin Baker, Marbury, Francis, etc.

Luka’s a guy that makes me wonder a bit because just that little bit of approaching 30 athleticism decline seems like it could make a big difference with a guy like him who relies on going one on one so much.

That too, but some guys bodies just don’t hold up regardless, or they lose a step kinda early. Though to be fair, it seems to happen to all different body types and for different reasons: McGrady, Penny, LJ, Love, Vin Baker, Marbury, Francis, etc.

Luka’s a guy that makes me wonder a bit because just that little bit of approaching 30 athleticism decline seems like it could make a big difference with a guy like him who relies on going one on one so much.
I can see that, but I can also see it maybe not mattering as much, because he's more effective due to skill than fast twitch athleticism.

I can see that, but I can also see it maybe not mattering as much, because he's more effective due to skill than fast twitch athleticism.
His passing ability will certainly be intact no matter what, and I would imagine he becomes a more consistent shooter in the coming few years.

Trivia question: what player in NBA history has played the most games without receiving a single technical foul? (hint: he's still active)

Great point - Luka was hunting match-ups against LeBron. Think about that.

LeBron needs a self-check. He is clearly one of the greats of all time, and that greatness enabled him to talk over and skew facts about teams he was on and his role in their success and failure. The LeBron out there now - on and off the court - is impacting his legacy. He is the worst leader of any big time winner I have ever seen in sports. For me Kobe's legacy took a hit near the end of his career when his selfish gunner side held up the Laker rebuild...LBJ needs to tread carefully here.
I'd posit Luka was hunting Lebron because he preferred single coverage over having to beat his defender plus Lebron as the help defender. Lebron's D was solid; he forced some tough shots (which Luka made) - but no one is coming to help when Lebron picks him up on a switch... so Luka's trading two defenders for one. Hard to knock Lebron here... I mean, Luka's cooked PG13 and the rest of the Clippers not named Kahwi two postseasons in a row.

I'd posit Luka was hunting Lebron because he preferred single coverage over having to beat his defender plus Lebron as the help defender. Lebron's D was solid; he forced some tough shots (which Luka made) - but no one is coming to help when Lebron picks him up on a switch... so Luka's trading two defenders for one. Hard to knock Lebron here... I mean, Luka's cooked PG13 and the rest of the Clippers not named Kahwi two postseasons in a row.
Spot on. Also, the narrative on social media — and on here — is that the shot came at the end of the game, suggesting it was the nail in the Lakers’ coffin and that the young hotshot abused the OG. The shot came with about 4:30 left, put Dallas up by 3.

Dallas avoided losing a game it led by 21 because Finney-Smith, Brunson & Dinwiddie were 20 for 36 — and Monk & Westbrook were 10 for 31.

Last edited:
Mike Conley
I would have guessed that. Last night during the Jazz game, after a couple T's were called they mentioned how Conley has never received one. He's pretty chilled. And fortunately for the Jazz, he woke up and had a real good 4th quarter and OT.

Last night Elijah Hughes started and had the most minutes since acquired by Portland. Unfortunately, it did not go well, and they got slaughtered by a Suns team without Paul and Booker. Hopefully he continues to get minutes. Probably the only guy I like on Phoenix is Cam Johnson. This is his third season and has made some big contributions.

I am resolving to post more in this thread as we're getting closer to the playoffs. I will avoid any takes about how the Knicks suck (though they do).

I know it's only a few games, but i'm beginning to think Philly is the favorite to come out of the East.

I am resolving to post more in this thread as we're getting closer to the playoffs. I will avoid any takes about how the Knicks suck (though they do).

I know it's only a few games, but i'm beginning to think Philly is the favorite to come out of the East.
Amazing how quickly Philly seems to be jelling after the trade.

Amazing how quickly Philly seems to be jelling after the trade.

Truly amazing how much better Harden is playing now than before the trade, isn't it?

One surprise to me has been that Tobias Harris really seems to have receded and Maxey is seemingly their #3 guy now

I tend to agree though I would like to see them play some better competition than the Knicks and Harden still has to prove himself in the playoffs. My mind really hasn’t changed from the beginning of the season though: I’ll be surprised if it isn’t Philly, Brooklyn, or Milwaukee. The other playoff teams in the East are legitimately good which is a fun change from years past but those 3 remain the most dangerous IMO.

I tend to agree though I would like to see them play some better competition than the Knicks and Harden still has to prove himself in the playoffs. My mind really hasn’t changed from the beginning of the season though: I’ll be surprised if it isn’t Philly, Brooklyn, or Milwaukee. The other playoff teams in the East are legitimately good which is a fun change from years past but those 3 remain the most dangerous IMO.
Would the Bucks want Boston or Cleveland first round?

Would the Bucks want Boston or Cleveland first round?
I don’t really care who we play honestly. I think there’s probably more of a chance that we’d take Cleveland for granted so I might prefer Boston but really, if we lose to either of them something has gone wrong.