NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 218 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

This NBA draft is gonna be a snoozer after the first 3 selections. I may not even watch for the first time I can remember.

This NBA draft is gonna be a snoozer after the first 3 selections. I may not even watch for the first time I can remember.
It’s not remotely the same anymore. They’re mostly guys I’ve never heard of or never watched play. Most of them won’t make any impact in the NBA next year.

I used to watch the entire draft.

Someone in the Wizards front office must have been drinking heavily.
Give KP away and get practically nothing in return. And after the maybe even worse Beal trade where they got almost nothing.
They were literally going to loose Porzingis for nothing if they waited another half hour or so so I can't really blame them for just getting whatever they could. Teams generally don't get much in opt in and trades/sign and trades.

Jones and an early 2nd round pick isn't too bad. Memphis are the ones that really got ripped off here IMO. Having said that, I do think Smart is more helpful than Jones once Morant is back from his suspension and Jones was leaving the following off-season anyways so I get it

Last edited:
I will probably watch the entire draft and I've watched or read about pretty much everyone likely to be drafted lol. Have my own top 30 big board ready to go too

Tyus Jones and Jordan Poole? I'm back in on those cheap Capital One Arena tickets. Poole was the exact guy I was hoping they'd buy low on.

Getting Ryan Rollins as a throw in too

Poole has talent but he loses his mind too much. Not A bad idea getting out of that contract

They were literally going to loose Porzingis for nothing if they waited another half hour or so so I can't really blame them for just getting whatever they could. Teams generally don't get much in opt in and trades/sign and trades.

Jones and an early 2nd round pick isn't too bad. Memphis are the ones that really got ripped off here IMO. Having said that, I do think Smart is more helpful than Jones once Morant is back from his suspension and Jones was leaving the following off-season anyways so I get it
Utah got 5 first rounders for Gobert!

Tyus Jones and Jordan Poole? I'm back in on those cheap Capital One Arena tickets. Poole was the exact guy I was hoping they'd buy low on.

Getting out of that poole contract by shipping a late first rounder is a slick move. Poole gonna so bad as a lead scorer type . Oh hell score, on 40 shots

Chris Paul angling for that Gary Payton-esque championship ring.
He's still pretty good, albeit somewhat diminished. The experts did not talk enough about him actually being better than Beal this past season.

Will they will resign Draymond now? I don’t get this at all. Seems the Wiz should have been sending picks for someone to take Paul.

He's still pretty good, albeit somewhat diminished. The experts did not talk enough about him actually being better than Beal this past season.
Confession: I really don't like Paul at all (my least favorite player in the NBA) so I'm probably being a little irrational there.

Confession: I really don't like Paul at all (my least favorite player in the NBA) so I'm probably being a little irrational there.
You must have loved that harden / Paul backcourt that would have probably won it all

Lots of picks to keep track of...
2nd round picks and pick swaps are only valuable if you can dupe another GM into accepting them as currency for something of actual value.

2nd round picks and pick swaps are only valuable if you can dupe another GM into accepting them as currency for something of actual value.
Swaps are the ultimate boom or bust. I love them. Can be franchise changers for better and for worse.

I’m glad the Celtics got Porzingis, but actually wish Smart was not the one to vs. Brogdon. Smart I don’t feel is in a downswing, and his tenacity, grit, and defense will certainly be missed. And his outside shot has improved. No more green hair. I like Brogdon too. Late first round picks don’t seem to matter much anymore, unless perhaps several years down the road, so acquiring a couple of them in the deal, whatever.

And what does this mean for Robert Williams? Granted his offense is basically limited to dunks and put backs. Nice shot blocker. At least he will be a good backup and for when KP inevitably gets hurt.

I’m glad the Celtics got Porzingis, but actually wish Smart was not the one to vs. Brogdon. Smart I don’t feel is in a downswing, and his tenacity, grit, and defense will certainly be missed. And his outside shot has improved. No more green hair. I like Brogdon too. Late first round picks don’t seem to matter much anymore, unless perhaps several years down the road, so acquiring a couple of them in the deal, whatever.

And what does this mean for Robert Williams? Granted his offense is basically limited to dunks and put backs. Nice shot blocker. At least he will be a good backup and for when KP inevitably gets hurt.
Williams gets injured more than Porzingis!

You must have loved that harden / Paul backcourt that would have probably won it all
I hate that “take”. I agree with Steve Kerr on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom