NC State attendance | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

NC State attendance

Ya I don't think it happens a lot but it does happen, more for professional teams but soemtimes in college. As Chip noted Neb has announced a sell out every game this year when its clearly not etc. Scattered empty seats even in a complete sell out are always going to be there for sure, as Bnoro pointed out your never getting 100% attendance.

I was actually talking about Rutgers for the Nebraska game last week. I think they wanted to keep their 3 game sellout streak alive and just moved around some cash. 100% guess on my part though. But it looked like maybe a 75% full stadium. Maybe.

Nebraska has admitted that a booster bought up remaining seats to keep their streak alive.

All 4 Miami games in the 90s were meaningful, full, and loud.

Hard to tell which was loudest, but loudest individual moment might have been that Conley interception on Miami's first series in 1992. They came out and Gino just gunned a deep pass for a completion at our 5 and the whole place just got so quiet, like oh ****. Next play, Conley INT at the goal line, good return, went from pin drop to bananas in an instant.
yep that's my check stick on the decibel discussion. Never heard/seen anything like that before or since (I missed the entire '87/mid 80's playing myself). Now that said McDonalds interception against Lville approached that or at least reminded me of that moment as I posted about then.

Heard that, was in shock, looked around thinking that's with the place, what, 2/3rds full, what in God's name would that/or a similar moment sound like with a full house? Here's hoping for that moment to happin on saturday.

All I hope for, is an ELECTRIC atmosphere, and a Cuse win. I want the casuals coming BACK
the good news is that IF somehow we lose, our next game is ND, so we’re gonna get a packed stadium regardless.

One thing that goes without saying (so I will anyway).

We all complain about the casuals and how hard it is to get them to a game. Last time they did in these numbers, we got thumped.

The best way to help ensure we start building towards more of these big number showings is winning one of these big games. This is a really important game in that sense.

100!!!

Hopefully, the casuals aren't aware of such a seemingly overwhelming advantage that has been laid at SU's feet. Bascially 3 weeks to prepare for State, while they have had their hands full dealing with a Top 5 Clemson team on the road and a solid FSU team. Not to mention, the additional good graces of State losing their top/starter QB just last week and having to shift on the fly with, etc.

Otherwise, I can only imagine the huge let down this might be for them (not to mention us diehards) if we, in this moment, fail to capitalize when it's so there for the taking.

100!!!

Hopefully, the casuals aren't aware of such a seemingly overwhelming advantage that has been laid at SU's feet. Bascially 3 weeks to prepare for State, while they have had their hands full dealing with a Top 5 Clemson team on the road and a solid FSU team. Not to mention, the additional good graces of State losing their top/starter QB just last week and having to shift on the fly with, etc.

Otherwise, I can only imagine the huge let down this might be for them (not to mention us diehards) if we, in this moment, fail to capitalize when it's so there for the taking.
Is it kickoff yet!

Like everything there is defintely more nuiance then that. There's a technical sell out and an actual sell out. Again Rutgers called last weeks game against Neb a sell out, it wasn't remotely close, probably close to 10K empty seats. If SU sells out its allotment (I hope they do) they can absolutely claim a sell out but if there's 43.5K in attendance and several thousand tickets still on TM an Stub Hub tomorrow morning I don't personally consider that a sell out but again thats me.
Unless Stub Hub received free tickets they must have purchased them from SU. If SU has sold all their tickets it’s a sellout. What else can you call it?

It better.

There's a ton of buzz and hype.

Now the challenge is to win Saturday.

Play well and hopefully win next week.

Then play well and win vs ND

Keep it going
Probably dating myself with this...

cef2933b-84b6-4d44-bb7a-00f0f2528c5a_text.gif

A sellout means all of the tickets were sold. There is no other way to look at this. It’s a pretty simple concept. If all of the tickets are distributed, it’s a sell out. Whether or not everyone who bought a ticket shows up doesn’t change anything.

No doubt, and technically 100% correct.

That being said, for many, back in the day a "sellout" crowd typically/seemingly always implied 99.9999% actually looking like no vacancy at the inn so to speak. I don't ever recall hearing that great voice of Brent Musburger uttering; "you are looking live at a sold out"... and ever thinking, huh? What the heck is he talking about?! :)

Hard to tell which was loudest, but loudest individual moment might have been that Conley interception on Miami's first series in 1992. They came out and Gino just gunned a deep pass for a completion at our 5 and the whole place just got so quiet, like oh ****. Next play, Conley INT at the goal line, good return, went from pin drop to bananas in an instant.
100% this- you could literally not hear the person next to you after Conley picked that pass off...

I remember McNabb's intro on his senior day being quite the large roar:

A long long time ago, in a land foreign and not understood by todays homosapiens, ATTENDENCE, meant physically being present no matter the occasion. (David Attenborough) i.e. sellouts don't matter if your not there. However, to those who put on the show, It's the money, stupid.

I remember McNabb's intro on his senior day being quite the large roar:

Great Game , Interesting thing about that is Miami went on to beat # 1 UCLA the next week. Fact check , it was #3 UCLA. I mention it because some were saying it was a terrible Miami team down play our win.

Last edited:
yep that's my check stick on the decibel discussion. Never heard/seen anything like that before or since (I missed the entire '87/mid 80's playing myself). Now that said McDonalds interception against Lville approached that or at least reminded me of that moment as I posted about then.

Heard that, was in shock, looked around thinking that's with the place, what, 2/3rds full, what in God's name would that/or a similar moment sound like with a full house? Here's hoping for that moment to happin on saturday.
I've only been watching on TV, but the new hardtop roof clearly makes the place louder. So I imagine that if things break our way tomorrow, we're going to see a lot of comments about it being the loudest the Dome has ever been.

Great Game , Interesting thing about that is Miami went on to beat # 1 UCLA the next week. Fact check , it was #3 UCLA. I mention it because some were saying it was a terrible Miami team down play our win.
1998 was the most frustrating very good team we ever had.

I felt like we should have been no worse than a 1 loss team that year

Aye, I was confident we would be able to go head to head with the Gators in the Orange Bowl, Nope.

Didn't help that we overscheduled something fierce.

Tennessee, and road trips to Michigan and NC State OOC?! When we were playing Miami, VaTech and West Virginia in conference???! Lunacy.

It took Jake C. the entirety of the 90s to learn how to schedule OOC when the program was in a competitive conference.

I was actually talking about Rutgers for the Nebraska game last week. I think they wanted to keep their 3 game sellout streak alive and just moved around some cash. 100% guess on my part though. But it looked like maybe a 75% full stadium. Maybe.

Nebraska has admitted that a booster bought up remaining seats to keep their streak alive.
That stadium had no more than 20k people in it. It was hilarious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom