NC State Game Thread... | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Game Thread...

Seems like NC State is our Pitt for football. No matter how bad Pitt sucks in basketball we have 0.0 chance of beating them.

D has been on the field a long time, but our third and long defense is pathetic.

We need a running back like this dayes guy. We used to get these yearly

Don't worry about a bowl game causing any holiday vacation conflicts

Ever wonder why C Donnie Foster never plays? Dude can't block to save his life. Terrible!

Am mildly optimistic about the future, but the defense is really poor and has struggled all season. The difference between the quality of athletes of NC State and SU is striking, and NC State is not a top tier ACC team. There doesn't seem to be many playmakers on the defensive side of the ball and they are getting hammered on the run.

And the familiar refrain begins to ring out in Orange Country: glad basketball started... and it getting old... only prayer left is beating Pitt and sneaking in as a 5 win team but I think 4-8 is a hell of a lot likelier

champagne flutes empty. wedding cake gone. the honeymoon over. dino is gonna start facing some hard questions.

Honestly, with Eric and Steven out, this is pretty much what I expected.

The season isn't over but if we don't win another game, I'm happy overall with what I've seen as far as progress. I haven't given up hope. VT happened. It may happen again.

Future is bright but a lot to fix in this program and that doesn't happen overnight.

This board is a rollercoaster. "Can we keep Dino after this season?" becomes "Dino will be facing some hard questions!" in 2 weeks. I really don't understand what people expected from this game considering our personnel

champagne flutes empty. wedding cake gone. the honeymoon over. dino is gonna start facing some hard questions.
Hard questions like "What did you think of the chop block call that cost you the game today?"

Granted, Ishmael being out (still not sure the story on him, today) is another factor...but the dropoff of our entire O from Dungey to the backups is breathtaking. We go from an exciting-to-watch, high-flying, productive (though turnover-prone) unit to a carbon copy of what we witnessed last year. Actually last year we probably were able to run it slightly better.

You do realize our starting D today is this:

DE: FR
DT: SO
DT: Fr/So
DE: FR
LB:SO
LB:JR
LB: JR
CB: JR
CB: Fr
S: SO
S: SO

He doesn't. The posts in this tread away. The last guy got fired for a reason, 3 coaches in 5 years, some chubby kid from a D3 school is second string. That stuff adds up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom