NC State Still Thinks Orlando is Possible | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Still Thinks Orlando is Possible

Not sure how to attach Twitter posts but he had another update this AM. How do we interpret this?

I love a good bowl plot twist. Efforting an update. State fans are going to like this. Waiting for one more source to get back to me
4:25 AM - 27 Nov 2018

To me a twist isn't the Camping Bowl as that's where he has NC St even if he walked it back a bit earlier, twist being a bowl that has come in late or a bowl that many didn't see NC St playing in like the music City. Clearly their fan base is looking the Belk like we are the pinstripe.

To me a twist isn't the Camping Bowl as that's where he has NC St even if he walked it back a bit earlier, twist being a bowl that has come in late or a bowl that many didn't see NC St playing in like the music City. Clearly their fan base is looking the Belk like we are the pinstripe.

Exactly the way I took it. He wouldn't have described it as a twist since he's been saying NC STate to CW Bowl all along.

Can Syracuse turn down the Pinstripe for a lower tier Bowl? I rather go just about anywhere else. Let the apinstripe take VA Tech.
Yes, but would already have to have something lined up with another bowl. A couple of years ago one of the G5 passed on a bowl expecting to get a bowl game in Texas instead. That didn’t pan out hence they didn’t go bowling, didn’t get $$ for their conference and didn’t get their 15 practices. Ouch!

Last edited:
Not sure how to attach Twitter posts but he had another update this AM. How do we interpret this?

I love a good bowl plot twist. Efforting an update. State fans are going to like this. Waiting for one more source to get back to me
4:25 AM - 27 Nov 2018
No idea. I hope he is going to try and sell NC State to the Belk as an awesome surprise.

Even when we have a great season and should be celebrating it, all I can do is worry about getting boned again.

No idea. I hope he is going to try and sell NC State to the Belk as an awesome surprise.

Even when we have a great season and should be celebrating it, all I can do is worry about getting boned again.

be over soon enough, buy you a spiced ginger ale in Orlando, none of that Canada dry stuff

I posted this in another thread but last year NCSt sold 1/2 their allotment of 6,000. They gave away 3,000 to military. 3,000. Big whoop for them.
That's laughable really.

I would bet if SU received the same allotment, they would all be gone in less than a week.

Syracusans that still live in upstate NY are all looking for a good reason to travel South for a short trip. And the snowbird football fans would love a game in Orlando.

That's laughable really.

I would bet if SU received the same allotment, they would all be gone in less than a week.

Syracusans that still live in upstate NY are all looking for a good reason to travel South for a short trip. And the snowbird football fans would love a game in Orlando.
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but I have people in my life committing to Orlando who haven't even stepped in the dome in 5 years. The demand is nuts.

I am seeing several NCST to Music v. Mizzou/MissST and BC to Sun v. ASU, projections.

Two out of three years we'd be in the Orange. It really sucks that we don't get an auto NY6 bid for our 2nd team every year. Hopefully that will change in the next negotiation. I feel like the ACC is in a stronger position than it was last time.
The Problem is poll bias.
3 of the NY6 bowls have conference affiliations when they aren’t playoff bowls.
Rose Bowl- B1G vs. Pac-12
Sugar Bowl- SEC vs. Big XII
Orange Bowl- ACC vs. SEC/B1G/Nd

The other 3 are the ones that take too 12 teams and 1 G5 team.
The ACC needs better respect than the SEC where a 9-3 Florida isn’t above a 9-3 Syracuse without looking at who actually beat people and who they lost too.

I am seeing several NCST to Music v. Mizzou/MissST and BC to Sun v. ASU, projections.
The thing that makes the most sense to me is a development where NC State ends up in the Gator. If the Gator wants an ACC team, wouldn't a 9-3 NC State be more attractive than a 7-5 Miami team?

The thing that makes the most sense to me is a development where NC State ends up in the Gator. If the Gator wants an ACC team, wouldn't a 9-3 NC State be more attractive than a 7-5 Miami team?

Not as good as a 9-3 Syracuse team.

Dang, let this be the "plot twist" !

There seems to be some rumblings that NC St will go to the Gator Bowl.

Not as good as a 9-3 Syracuse team.
Agreed. Camping World has the first pick of non playoff ACC teams. The thought here is they would pick Syracuse. Then the tier 1 bowls pick. The Gator could pick NC State. Of all the tier 1 bowls, the Gator has to be the most attractive to NC State fans, right?

The only way you're wrong is if Giglio doesn't understand how the phrase plot twist is used in the English language.

Just a fan(atics) impression, but I want the Gator Bowl or the Sun Bowl just for its name recognition and long history w/college football. It's more relatable and reeks (in a good way) of college football.

Yep. That would be great. This to me shows NC St is out hustling new deals outside Camping World.
Also shows how bad his last projections were...I know he gets a lot of love for being in the know -- so either something changed or it was just always assumed NC State would go as Number Two to Camping until they actually spoke to someone connected there.

Honestly a re match against wvu gives me a long yawn, we whooped them in the pinstripe and id rather see a regular season series with them scheduled. id rather play an unknown like Texas or give me an sec school like Kentucky. I am so annoyed hearing the sec homers cry the acc is trash wed run it down there throats yada yada, i wanna shut up the nonbelievers.