NCAA 1st Round Games for Thurs March 21 | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 1st Round Games for Thurs March 21

My takeaway from oaklands game (other than gohlke going bananas) was, how in gods name does Oakland have more robust forwards and bigs than us? They weren’t as tall as Kentucky but Townsend for example was stout, strong and creates space. They rebounded and scored down low consistently against one of the most talented teams in the ncaa.
They run better stuff than us and quite honestly they look better schooled than us in terms of positioning and entering the ball to a scorer.

For anyone interested, the KenSucky board is a great read right now.
The sports radio show in Kentucky that Big Cat and PMT guest host one day each summer will be Finebaum after a Bama football loss epic on Friday.

I think they have the best shot to beat storz in the East Region
Illinois was very impressive. A lot of high seeded teams in recent years whose opponent was shooting the way Morehead State was, would’ve folded.

Classic anticipation whistle. Instead of running the monitor on every call inside 2:00 lets just use the NBA challenge model. That one gets overturned.

Not a big fan of a lot of nba rules (24 second shot clock, ball advances on TO, etc) but this is one change I wish college basketball would make.

Not a big fan of a lot of nba rules (24 second shot clock, ball advances on TO, etc) but this is one change I wish college basketball would make.

Always has been a HUGE pet peeve of mine. It would be like if a football team could call a time out in the last minute and advance the ball to the other teams 40 yard line. It's asinine.

AI refs
no fun complaining about or blaming computers
1328689_1.jpg

"i'm sorry dave . you foot was on the baseline. why are you shouting dave ? stop. please stop dave. otherwise i'll will have to invoke rule 312.129 section 3 and assess a technical foul . wait...dave...please let go of my cord dave .stop or ... daisy , daisy , give me your answer do...

Last edited:
...if Timberlake thought there was any controversy, he wasn’t letting on.
“I was definitely fouled on the breakaway,” he said.

Timberlake should be asked to review replays and point out the "definite" foul LOL.
THAT would be fun.
Say the standard "I don't know" or be honest and admit it was clean -why lie through your teeth?
That just adds to the fallout of the horrendous call against Samford.

I was just looking at the conference records so far. SEC did not fair well (again) on the first day. Anyone got a link to a site that shows the overall conference records? I can't seem to find one.

I was just looking at the conference records so far. SEC did not fair well (again) on the first day. Anyone got a link to a site that shows the overall conference records? I can't seem to find one.
PAC-12 the winners so far at 4-0. SEC and MW the losers at 1-3 each.

My takeaway from oaklands game (other than gohlke going bananas) was, how in gods name does Oakland have more robust forwards and bigs than us? They weren’t as tall as Kentucky but Townsend for example was stout, strong and creates space. They rebounded and scored down low consistently against one of the most talented teams in the ncaa.
We gave up 47 points to Virginia in one half. There’s a head scratcher

My BIGGEST pet peeve (and it just happened in the Northwestern game) is when an idiot tells “and 1!” on a foul and the shot didn’t go in.

My BIGGEST pet peeve (and it just happened in the Northwestern game) is when an idiot tells “and 1!” on a foul and the shot didn’t go in.

I can’t watch an NCAA basketball game for five minutes without seeing somebody do something that would’ve gotten you beat up at the park when I was a kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom