NCAA 1st Round Games for Thurs March 21 | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 1st Round Games for Thurs March 21

They review everything else in the world but not that in the last few seconds of the game?
i mean, how are they supposed to review that. there is no mechanism. you could give each team a challenge like the nba.

On the bright side I just remembered I had Kansas in survivor. Lol

Samford was boned. Should have had a chance to win on the last possession.

In college football doesn’t a referee off the field review tape of every touchdown, fumble, close sideline catch etc to make sure it occurred as ruled by the refs on the field? Seems crazy that in college basketball that a game deciding subjective call isn’t reviewable somehow, especially in the waning seconds of such a close game. Why the differences in the confidence between football and basketball on subjective calls that can determine winner/loser? Like someone else said, refs are human, can make mistakes,so why not help them and objectively use technology to quickly confirm or change their call when it can determine a game. Just seems odd to me and sad.

1. Limit reviews to last 60 seconds (not last 2 minutes)
2. Give teams 1 challenge per game. If successful, they get 1 more.
3. Refs have to state, over the microphone, EXACTLY what they are reviewing (flagrant foul, out of bounds, shot clock violation, etc…) before they look at the cameras and they get 45 seconds to review and 30 seconds to confer thereafter. After they make the determination (e.g. no goaltending), then they can go back, if needed, and look again at the clock to get it right.
4. During all reviews, staff bring out chairs for the players, and coaches are not allowed to confer with the players.

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall GIF by Coldplay

In a heartbeat. Might be a buyout condition that he doesn’t coach there.
33 million.

1. Limit reviews to last 60 seconds (not last 2 minutes)
2. Give teams 1 challenge per game. If successful, they get 1 more.
3. Refs have to state, over the microphone, EXACTLY what they are reviewing (flagrant foul, out of bounds, shot clock violation, etc…) before they look at the cameras and they get 45 seconds to review and 30 seconds to confer thereafter. After they make the determination (e.g. no goaltending), then they can go back, if needed, and look again at the clock to get it right.
4. During all reviews, staff bring out chairs for the players, and coaches are not allowed to confer with the players.
I would eliminate all replay aside from clock issues.
That’s not going to happen
So my next best option would be no ref reviews , just challenges

Storylines 1 and 2 yesterday were the Kentucky upset followed by the blown Samford call. What would you say is the 3rd top story from day 1? Dayton coming back from down 17?

Last edited:
Always liked DJ Burns but that Middlebrook(?) kid has really improved probably battling Burns in practice every day.
did you catch the hip check butterball burns threw on the pick ? he was whistled but that dude was rolling on the floor. he knows how to use his size inside offensively and has great footwork and touch. surprisingly imo he's not a great defender inside. well maybe not surprising given that he has a 2 " vertical. middlebrook was mvp last night. "old school threes".

Last edited:
My takeaway from oaklands game (other than gohlke going bananas) was, how in gods name does Oakland have more robust forwards and bigs than us? They weren’t as tall as Kentucky but Townsend for example was stout, strong and creates space. They rebounded and scored down low consistently against one of the most talented teams in the ncaa.

get rid of all replay. its dumb. it has ruined sports. we no longer know if what happened actually happened in 5 minutes. as a big fan of many teams, im willing to get screwed over now and then in exchange for an enhanced viewing experience
It's hilarious that people think more replay is the answer. The final 2mins of these games are unwatchable.

Stop anticipating.

It was the worst officiated last 2 minutes of a game I have ever seen,

They called 3 stops and play reviews on things that didn't even matter and on that clean rejection called a foul,,, The one ref with the worse angle anticipates and whistles the wrong call and his counterpart, who had the direct and clear view, swallows his whistle and doesn't overturn his buddy so as not to embarrass him... No review necessary, evidently.

Samford kids don't get their rightful chance to move on and zebras decide the game outcome.

That whole crew was a complete embarrassment and should be sent home without another game.

It's hilarious that people think more replay is the answer. The final 2mins of these games are unwatchable.

Less general replays... (1) challenges per half for each team... if wrong, you lose a T/O. If you have no T/O's left, you can't challenge.

i mean, how are they supposed to review that. there is no mechanism. you could give each team a challenge like the nba.
I think that is the next step. For the most part I think the NBA handles the review process pretty smoothly - not sure it would go so smooth in college but worth a shot in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom