NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 20

Six power conferences in sweet 16:
ACC 3 (down 2 from 5)
Big12 3 (down 3 from 6)
PAC12 2 (down 1 from 3)
Big East 2 (down 4 from 6)
B1G 2 (down 7 from 9) Ouch!
SEC 1 (down 5 from 6)

Thanks God. B1G and SEC have so much money earned from their football to sponsor basketball. But they did not do well.

We should NOT. TCU is the team with so many flaws. Arizona is a more complete team. We need Arizona to beat Villanova in that region. Can't let Villanova to get their third championship.
Who cares. Villanova far down the list of a program I want away from another title.

Couple of questions:

1. How was that not a foul on AZ at the end of regulation?

2. If not a foul, how was it not a backcourt violation against TCU?

Bravo to NCAA officials for, once again, directly impacting the outcome of a game with their inability to do their jobs.

Never heard about Sean Elliot and Kenny Lofton being bad guys. They’re the only 2 I remember. Please enlighten

Arizona was very cocky and mouthy before the game, laughing about the notion that our front line could be compared to theirs even though we had Seikaly and Coleman and have almost beaten Indiana for the championship the year before. There were shots of their bench laughing and gesturing at the SU bench. They backed it up by beating us but the feelings of the SU fans were hard enough that when Lofton showed up that summer at McArthur stadium playing for the Indian's farm club he was roundly booed every time he came to the plate.

Never heard about Sean Elliot and Kenny Lofton being bad guys. They’re the only 2 I remember. Please enlighten
Same here. Kerr, Buechler and Tolbert were on that team too.

Kerr is universally liked and respected.

Couple of questions:

1. How was that not a foul on AZ at the end of regulation?

2. If not a foul, how was it not a backcourt violation against TCU?

Bravo to NCAA officials for, once again, directly impacting the outcome of a game with their inability to do their jobs.
1. No idea - absolutely a foul
2. Maybe since the player was hip checked down thus losing control of the ball (since he was lying prostrate on the court), they didn’t call it because he ‘lost’ possession. Or maybe the same reason as #1 - refs decided they just didn’t want to call anything.:vomit:

Why should any Syracuse fan give 2 shts about Duke, UNC, or Miami? I certainly don’t. It ain’t making us better next year.

Duke is the last organization I would ever root for in sports. There is no bigger phony than Coach K.

Last edited:
Sorry but I think that is complete nonsense. So if Duke wins it all it will materially help the SU basketball program? There is no way that those extra few bucks matter anywhere near as much as the gate from games at the Dome or the ACC TV contract for both football and basketball. So will BC and Pitt hoops also benefit from Duke's success? UVA won it all in 2019, how come our hoops program has been so mediocre since then?

As a college hoops fan that has rooted against Duke all my life I'm supposed to pull for them now cuz the SU athletic department will get a few more dollars to fund the women's field hockey team? In the immortal words of John McEnroe, you can not be serious. I'm sure Carolina fans are pulling hard for Duke cuz of the basketball share they'll receive from a Duke NC. smh
Anytime the conference has a good showing in the post season it’s good for Syracuse. This isn’t all that debatable. Some of it is money - but like the SEC in football, the perception of the league lifts all boats and that helps in a lot of ways - maybe most importantly in recruiting.

You want to be the best team in the best perceived conference. A good showing this year by the ACC reverses some of the “ACC is down” talk which bleeds into next seasons preseason.

Now all of that is sometimes not enough to overcome the hate of a rival. I feel that way about Duke, honestly. But it’s still good if they go far.

Why should any Syracuse fan give 2 shts about Duke, UNC, or Miami? I certainly don’t. It ain’t making us better next year.

Duke is the last Organization I would ever root for in sports. There is no bigger phony than Coach K.
It’s helping the perception of the conference we are in which is *helping us right now*

Duke is the last Organization I would ever root for in sports. There is no bigger phony than Coach K.

And just take a trip down any other fan boards in the ACC and you won't find folks with their pom poms for Coach K or UNC either. If anything, Miami and (puke) ND makes more sense to root for given the ACC needs more depth as a league. In many ways its us and the Ville, two surefire basketball machines who were to really give the ACC that boost of depth. Both, especially us, have not been able to do our part very often.

I think it is far more important we are focused in improving our own situation than what the top 2 programs in the ACC(forever) are doing. If Duke and UNC are the only torch carriers it's a hollow victory for the ACC

Clock stopped at 2.2

So the rule itself speaks to "stepping over" curious if given the TCU players feet never cross if that technically makes it "not" an over and back. I mean it doesn't matter given its the foul that was missed that was egregious.

Just cause you don’t believe it doesn’t make it not true lol
Go google Myron Piggie and Duke.
They cheat and don’t get punished.

Syracuse commits 4 misdemeanors gets treated like a habitual offender.

Coach K and Duke are cheaters.
Good riddance. He has been such a friend to Jim Boeheim. He was so good to us he recruited Jordan Tucker to sit on his bench as the 11th guy when Syracuse really wanted and recruited him hard.
K didn’t need Tucker and the kid left halfway thru his freshman year.

K and Boeheim are friends. K hasn’t done anything for Syracuse hoops.
Duke can’t lose fast enough.

K went from a guy who wouldn't hang a banner if the senior class didn't graduate to this one and done more machine than man type. Which frankly hasn't made them any better than they would've been otherwise. No other ACC fanbase pulls for them either.

Oh, and flopping...
and the whining about losses on his record when his back hurt, the lecturing of other players, the change in demeanor after a loss as compared to a win, the promoting and installing the charge as a real thing in the sport, the list is endless.

I also wonder how tight he and JB would be if we were more of a threat to them.

and the whining about losses on his record when his back hurt, the lecturing of other players, the change in demeanor after a loss as compared to a win, the promoting and installing the charge as a real thing in the sport, the list is endless.

I also wonder how tight he and JB would be if we were more of a threat to them.

Foul hunting is a scourge in the sport.

Lecturing that kid was a joke as well. Imagine if someone did that to Banchero...

I must say, if Wesley was on Syracuse I'm not sure I could forgive him for that nonsense.
IF he was on our team I would put up with that nonsense in a second. Hoping the kid leaves early because if he sticks around he is going to be a problem for us. Kid played poorly but he would be our best backcourt player and would have helped this team a ton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom