NCAA 2nd Round Games for Sun March 19 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 2nd Round Games for Sun March 19

I yield to no Orange fan in terms of contempt for the Huskies over the years. I remember well when we were implored to root for them in the NCAAT because they were from the BE. However it's been a decade since we were in the same league and they've been mostly irrelevant in that stretch so my hatred for them has cooled a bit. Won't take long to get it cranked up again.

So my wife just said “St. Mary’s sucks!”
My son responds “so why did you pick them to the elite eight?
Wife’s response “because I like the nun that is always cheering them on.”
My son and I both palm our foreheads and tell her that is Loyola.
She also picked Marguette to win it all because she likes Penny Hardaway.
The sad, pathetic part is that she is winning our family pool!

That MSU game was a blast. The UConn game is . . . loosely a game of basketball at this point. I guess it's more of a murder?

St. Mary's folding like an accordion. How did that over-hyped mid major get a #5 seed? When I saw the brackets I felt comfortable that Kansas would take out UConn. But the sea has parted for UConn. I live in CT and their fans are insufferable. Going to be a bad week.

St. Mary's folding like an accordion. How did that over-hyped mid major get a #5 seed? When I saw the brackets I felt comfortable that Kansas would take out UConn. But the sea has parted for UConn. I live in CT and their fans are insufferable. Going to be a bad week.
They were better than the Zags in that awful conference most of the year. I think last year 3 maybe 4 WCC teams made the dance those 2 and BYU and San Francisco?

I am right there with you on all of this.

Andrew Hurley entered the game. UConn can start lighting the victory cigars

FDU is just getting Apollo Creeded.

FDU/FAU ... what a furious game. Both teams never stop running. Go, FDU
Fun game but not sure they will be compared to Lotola Marymount.

The level of dumb plays has to be lower when you have issues to over come..

Could be a signature day for the Big East. 4 teams could get to the sweet 16.

I am fine with 3 of the teams winning.

Big East looks to be the winner of today.
SEC was the winner of yesterday

Unfortunately one of the 3 teams advancing will be UConn.

I'm always amused at the slam the mid-major takes.
Ask Purdue, Arizona, Virginia what they think of mid-majors.
St. Mary's was also the 2nd best "5" seed in their opening round performance.

5-11 seeds from mid-majors have had a higher % of their teams reach the final four since 2010 (and last 5 years as well) than 5-11 seeds from power conferences.

Hope a couple of these night games are good, as aside from the KSU/UK game, today’s games have been snoozers.

Was rooting for UM but MSU played well.

Sadly uconn appears like they will run away with this.

2014 de ja vu all over again.

With that said, have to give it to them, they are really good and should get out the region imho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom