NCAA Boom | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Boom

so think about the issue that paying kids creates.. If a school pays a kid they then become employees of the school.. Given that they then have to follow some of the rules of the school. So one simple thing like Tik Tok for example.. Even now if you are a gov employee tik tok is not allowed to be on your phone that you use for work.. So if you work for a college that gets federal money you cant have tik tok on your phone.

Now as to whether any enforcement is being done that a different deal.

so think about the issue that paying kids creates.. If a school pays a kid they then become employees of the school.. Given that they then have to follow some of the rules of the school. So one simple thing like Tik Tok for example.. Even now if you are a gov employee tik tok is not allowed to be on your phone that you use for work.. So if you work for a college that gets federal money you cant have tik tok on your phone.

Now as to whether any enforcement is being done that a different deal.
Or is is "a government-issued phone"? How could they regulate a phone you bought with your own money and don't use for work?

Last edited:
It doesnt have to be a work issued phone, its a device thats used to do any kind of work on.. So if you use it for 2 factor auth.. or you use it to read work emails.. That makes it fall under work rules for the fed gov.

As I said I doubt many colleges have enforced it yet since i would bet most long ago quit paying for work phones.. But we had the meeting 2-3 months ago about it..

And its not just colleges its companies that receive federal monies.

I don't care I don't use Tik Tok. Its just a huge security hole.

This issue goes away if the NFL removed the "three years after high school" restriction. The best players could get paid immediately. Professional "minor" leagues would emerge to pay other players. And the choice would be more black and white - get a job or go to school.
Nfl does not want that to happen. Why have to pay for a minor league system when you have been using the colleges for that for free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom