NCAA Boom | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Boom

This is great that 12 team playoff is ridiculous and way too much football for the kids let them get a direct cut of the TV money.

That’s not what it’s really saying.

Interesting concept. I still think there needs to be a salary cap of sorts to create some more parity in college football. Make it a level playing field while still paying the players. Then I believe the actual value of the education they are receiving might have a bigger impact. It would also allow more than the top 5-10 schools to compete for national titles each year.

sounds great in theory and limits need to be set for sure. whether it's a cap or whatever but it would even the playing field.

Sounds particularly awesome for female scholarship athletes. $$$

I’ve been thinking all along that the current setup is not sustainable and that it would change eventually, this is faster than I thought though.

Now just introduce a salary cap system for each conference agreed upon by conference members.

Reactions: FAL
Hate it but it might save the game

Sadly, the largest 80 or so schools need to set some limits...dare I say a salary cap or something to that effect
Agree. But even though we complain about the seemingly unlimited resources of the large state schools, I think at some point taxpayers are going to say "enough".

Agree. But even though we complain about the seemingly unlimited resources of the large state schools, I think at some point taxpayers are going to say "enough".

Will they? Rutgers gets more student and government support for football than any major program in the country and their populace hasn't said "enough". they still vote in the same legislatures that allow it to happen.

There was a salary cap in the past of zero dollars and how did that work out. Cheaters will continue to cheat.
The NFL somehow makes it work...sadly they need to figure out if 80 or so schools can adopt some rigid, verifiable rules on payment

The IRS will surely want a cut too...and they should get a cut.

Anyone's welcome to join...

as long as you can afford the minimum $6 million per year fee.

Adult table FBS
Kiddie table FBS
FCS.

The NFL somehow makes it work...sadly they need to figure out if 80 or so schools can adopt some rigid, verifiable rules on payment

The IRS will surely want a cut too...and they should get a cut.

I don't think the NCAA is capable or willing to equally enforce rigid and verifiable rules on payment. Maybe the 80 or so schools can come up with something different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom