ND, Wake, UNC and FSU Games Postponed / Pitt rescheduled | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

ND, Wake, UNC and FSU Games Postponed / Pitt rescheduled

They would have to go straight from quarantine into playing high level athletic competitions, and I hope they don't try to do that again. Sidibe got hurt the first time around, and I believe if they do it again the chance of injury will also be high.
Yeah, I understand the basis of this concern, I think, but I must point out that the mechanics of tearing a meniscus don't have a lot to do with how much practice you've had in the previous couple of weeks. Just saying...

The incubation period is under 10 days in 99.99% (don’t look it up) of cases. We have access to constant testing. We played Buffalo 12/19. 12/19 plus 10 days is 12/29. The Wake game is 12/30...

What am I missing?

If after the incubation period (from the Buffalo game) ends and we have 1 positive at SU, then everyone in close contact to him will need to go on quarantine again until the next incubation period starts.

It sucks but if we have one positive right now, we likely will not be playing any games the remaining of the year.

We had a player on our own team test positive and it shut down one guy for a little while, not the whole team.

contact tracing. Because we wear those bands we were able to tell which players were near the infected player and for how long. Buffalo doesn’t wear them.

Why doesn’t NYS follow CDC guidelines?

actually NYS does. The CDC guidance is 14 days. BUT they let you reduce that based on certain circumstances as noted above in my post.

contact tracing. Because we wear those bands we were able to tell which players were near the infected player and for how long. Buffalo doesn’t wear them.
Well that's great.

Still doesn't make much sense to me.

Can’t shut down the season. We just need to accept that this season will not be ideal and there will be stops and starts and it’s just the way it is.

From a fans point of view, 3 games a month is better than none. And if su isn’t playing then I’ll just watch some other game.

We all want the ideal season structure, but ideal situations stopped being a thing about 9 months ago. So until we get this virus under control non ideal situations are the name of the game.

Power conference teams are spending the money to have the technology and testing to protect their players better than midmajors.

Buffalo can’t spend what we did.

Again, like in Buddy’s case already, being exposed vs testing positive and being asymptomatic is honestly worse as it pertains to time away. I am certainly not saying testing positive is the better outcome because the overall health of all is most important and who knows how some may be impacted. But if you test positive at least you know. These possible exposures and then quarantine... I mean it’s not inconceivable a player ends up quarantining for the sum of like 75% of the season! Which is just insane.

If you are on a computer, right click on the text that says “cannot be displayed” or whatever. Then select “Open in new tab” and it should properly load in the new tab.
Thanks but I don't even get "cannot be displayed". I just get a blank screen on posts that have a twitter link.

This sucks. I thought NYS would revise their guidelines when the CDC revised theirs to seven days with no symptoms and negative testing. I understand that the state doesn’t want to send the wrong message to the public in the middle of a horrible global health crisis (or god forbid make things worse), and the federal administration has been negligent throughout this crisis, but NYS should follow the evolving science on this. I get that the CDC guidelines state that there are some extreme outlier cases that could slip through in 7 days with the new guidelines, but they acknowledge they’re very rare.

Last edited:
Can the SUAD set a new rule that incoming teams are now required to wear them, for this exact reason? Either wear them or don't play. I'd be demanding that if I was an SU student athlete.

Again, like in Buddy’s case already, being exposed vs testing positive and being asymptomatic is honestly worse as it pertains to time away. I am certainly not saying testing positive is the better outcome because the overall health of all is most important and who knows how some may be impacted. But if you test positive at least you know. These possible exposures and then quarantine... I mean it’s not inconceivable a player ends up quarantining for the sum of like 75% of the season! Which is just insane.

Buddy has played in 4 games and this will make 6 weeks in quarantine for his trouble. Brutal.

As indicated by the Mike Waters link, NYS does not follow CDC guidelines. NYS is still at 14 days. If you read the CDC guidelines it will tell you that CDC reduced the number of days not based on the science of epidemieology but because of the science of people's s willingness to do something they do not want to do (i.e., It is more likely people will quarantine if you shorten the quarantine people or half a loaf is better than none.)
And as I said in my post, the 14 days is for extreme cases. The vast majority of people (98 or 99 percent) develop symptoms within 10-11 days.

Last edited:
If after the incubation period (from the Buffalo game) ends and we have 1 positive at SU, then everyone in close contact to him will need to go on quarantine again until the next incubation period starts.

It sucks but if we have one positive right now, we likely will not be playing any games the remaining of the year.
What are you talking about?

Did we actually wear those bands during the game? Are you sure?

Can the SUAD set a new rule that incoming teams are now required to wear them, for this exact reason? Either wear them or don't play. I'd be demanding that if I was an SU student athlete.

i do not know. I’m sure they can make the rule but will teams do it? I know we were instrumental in getting the ACC to require 3 tests a week.

Did we actually wear those bands during the game? Are you sure?

I did not notice but several people in a chat we have told me they did.

I too thought I read the ACC was requiring the bracelets

I thought it was interesting in the games over the weekend they switched who was playing between, I believe, Gonzaga, Iowa, Kentucky and UNC in an effort to best align the rules applicable to each team

Linemen go up against each other every play and Pretty good chance body fluids are being spewed on one another.
200 (2).gif

Did anyone with a brain think this season wasn't going to be impacted like this? I am beyond thrilled that they have gotten in 6 games so far. Pitino was right when he called for everything to be pushed back. It would allow things to thaw out a bit.
When exactly are things going to "thaw out"? We're likely going to have a bigger spike in January than we had after Thanksgiving. That will likely run us all the way through February, at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom