Nebraska fires Scott Frost / hires Matt Rhule | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Nebraska fires Scott Frost / hires Matt Rhule

• Thread starter Deleted member 8116
  • Start date
Palmer looks like he wants punch that coach in the face for not going for it on 4th and inches with them blowing the game like this. Good for him flipping out on the sideline.

I have Nebby ML I really hope they pull this out took them to win last week too.

How about getting $34m and taking on a dumpster fire. I’m going golfin if somebody is about to pay me $34m for being terrible at my job and getting fired. I’m shocked some of these coaches go back to work and take on the stress
If I was getting 34m, most people would never see me again. I’d travel the world. Life is too short.

How about getting $34m and taking on a dumpster fire. I’m going golfin if somebody is about to pay me $34m for being terrible at my job and getting fired. I’m shocked some of these coaches go back to work and take on the stress
Same. But their ego and fire / drive is why they’re so successful too. That or they’re just egotistical maniacs.

How is that the perfect place? How will he get recruits there? I suppose as long as the B1G keeps divisions it is a good job as the West is a joke.

He's probably the best guy for the job, if he can't make Nebraska into a consistent winner then not sure who will be able. Great coach just not suited for the NFL, certainly not the first nor the last. As far as recruiting sure he will be remembered from Baylor and be down in Texas quite a bit

Good job for him and nice place to live as well.

He's probably the best guy for the job, if he can't make Nebraska into a consistent winner then not sure who will be able. Great coach just not suited for the NFL, certainly not the first nor the last

I think he is a good HC and a great get by Nebraska, but is it a great fit for him?

A&M might be open soon and is a better fit. If Florida has another bad year could it open up again? Same for Oklahoma? Bama? Saban has to retire eventually.

It will be interesting to see if the Nebraska fans have learned their lesson following the disaster of demanding Pelini's firing. He was 67-23 (.713) and that wasn't good enough for them. And since? Fuggedaboutit. The conditions that Devaney and Osborne operated under are gone, never to return. It's time they admitted there's a new reality.

It will be interesting to see if the Nebraska fans have learned their lesson following the disaster of demanding Pelini's firing. He was 67-23 (.713) and that wasn't good enough for them. And since? Fuggedaboutit. The conditions that Devaney and Osborne operated under are gone, never to return. It's time they admitted there's a new reality.

They would have to be Wisconsin like to appease the fans. If they are Iowa like, they will have an issue. But now with USC and UCLA coming being Wisconsin like just got a lot harder.

Moving to a Northern conference with no local recruits has hurt more than the Xs and Os. They used to have easy access to Texas recruits.

They would have to be Wisconsin like to appease the fans. If they are Iowa like, they will have an issue. But now with USC and UCLA coming being Wisconsin like just got a lot harder.

Moving to a Northern conference with no local recruits has hurt more than the Xs and Os. They used to have easy access to Texas recruits.
He was able to recruit at temple, then able to recruit at Baylor.
The high school coaches in those areas know him, he will be able to recruit both of those areas.
He is a proven winner and coaches want their players to play for winning programs.

He was able to recruit at temple, then able to recruit at Baylor.
The high school coaches in those areas know him, he will be able to recruit both of those areas.
He is a proven winner and coaches want their players to play for winning programs.

Convincing a Texas kid to go to Baylor or a PA/NJ kid to go to Temple is easier than taking a kid away from those areas to go to the middle of nowhere.

A Texas kid will want to play in the SEC (Oklahoma, A&M, Texas, LSU, Arkansas, Bama). There is also P5s Baylor, TCU, Houston, Texas Tech, Okie State. You are giving that up to play in the Midwest?

The last 8 season Nebraska has had ONE winning season (2016). These HS kids do not know Nebraska as a power. The last time they ended a season ranked in both polls was 2012 and 2010 was the last time they ended Top 20 in both. They only have one year Top 15 since 2001 (14/14) and zero Top 10s.

Since 2009 they have made a whopping 2 more Bowls than SU, but have half as many Ws.

Convincing a Texas kid to go to Baylor or a PA/NJ kid to go to Temple is easier than taking a kid away from those areas to go to the middle of nowhere.

A Texas kid will want to play in the SEC (Oklahoma, A&M, Texas, LSU, Arkansas, Bama). There is also P5s Baylor, TCU, Houston, Texas Tech, Okie State. You are giving that up to play in the Midwest?

The last 8 season Nebraska has had ONE winning season (2016). These HS kids do not know Nebraska as a power. The last time they ended a season ranked in both polls was 2012 and 2010 was the last time they ended Top 20 in both. They only have one year Top 15 since 2001 (14/14) and zero Top 10s.

Since 2009 they have made a whopping 2 more Bowls than SU, but have half as many Ws.
Temple is a crap campus surround by crap. Waco is the definition of nowhere.

Temple is a crap campus surround by crap. Waco is the definition of nowhere.
Their campus is a crime scene. Every day on the news there is a car hijacking or home invasion. Of course the Philly DA does his job. Tongue in cheek

Last edited:
I mean this has been talked about ad naseum and leaving the Big 12 and their recruiting grounds of Texas absolutely wasn't worth it despite being in the easy half of the Big Ten but that stadium was packed at the end when they lost to Georgia Southern.

Like SU hoops all they need is one great season and the glory days will be back immediately.

The Big Ten West might be really down next year everyone is losing their QBs and Leonhard has stunk so far at Wisconsin. Wisconsin might have promoted him in a panic to make sure he didn't talk to Nebby and screwed themselves. Most of Nebraska's losses have been blown leads and heartbreakers too its not like they aren't competitive and get drilled regularly.

I also don't see the gap closing at all between Michigan and Ohio State and the rest of that league. They can be the #3 team like Ped State is as soon as next year.

I mean this has been talked about ad naseum and leaving the Big 12 and their recruiting grounds of Texas absolutely wasn't worth it despite being in the easy half of the Big Ten but that stadium was packed at the end when they lost to Georgia Southern.

{snip}
Back in the Day, their stadium filled to capacity on Game Day was the 3rd biggest city in Nebraska.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom