needed to get hot from 3 | Syracusefan.com

needed to get hot from 3

we needed to shoot like we did in atlantis to cut down the nets. or like nova is shooting now. that would have been the equalizer for the huge unc frontcourt edge.

UNC bigs were sensational (I think we got 2 offensive rebounds the whole game). JB criticized the offense during the half-time interview but the defense allowed 37 points to be scored. We just got beat on both ends. I don't like it when people say our team won because the losing team did not shoot well. I think UNC played pretty good defense too. They were also making excellent low-post passing on offense to allow their bigs to make plays.

It's a tough loss. I was beginning to believe they had a chance to win it all. It would have been the game of the century to play Nova for a NC. But still, how can anyone complain or say this was not a successful season. It was a crazy successful season on par with 96 in my opinion. Hopefully, it will be a huge help for 2017 recruiting.

I more or less agree. Imo G needed to have one of his like 5 of 8 nights from 3 for us to have a good shot at winning. Just didnt happen

UNC bigs were sensational (I think we got 2 offensive rebounds the whole game). JB criticized the offense during the half-time interview but the defense allowed 37 points to be scored. We just got beat on both ends. I don't like it when people say our team won because the losing team did not shoot well. I think UNC played pretty good defense too. They were also making excellent low-post passing on offense to allow their bigs to make plays.

It's a tough loss. I was beginning to believe they had a chance to win it all. It would have been the game of the century to play Nova for a NC. But still, how can anyone complain or say this was not a successful season. It was a crazy successful season on par with 96 in my opinion. Hopefully, it will be a huge help for 2017 recruiting.
No question...UNC played really well on both ends.
Their guards consistently got into the lane the way no other team has...and they mostly kept our guards out of it (at least in the first half).
No need to say anything about how dominant their bigs were.
They deserved the win.

BUT...we gave away crucial points by being so bad at the free throw line.
Had we just gone say 9 of 13...not spectacular but ok...5 more free throws...the entire complexion of the game would have been different.
Not to say we would have won.
Just that it would have been a different game.
There's no point getting to the line if you're just going to give the ball back without scoring.

No question...UNC played really well on both ends.
Their guards consistently got into the lane the way no other team has...and they mostly kept our guards out of it (at least in the first half).
No need to say anything about how dominant their bigs were.
They deserved the win.

BUT...we gave away crucial points by being so bad at the free throw line.
Had we just gone say 9 of 13...not spectacular but ok...5 more free throws...the entire complexion of the game would have been different.
Not to say we would have won.
Just that it would have been a different game.
There's no point getting to the line if you're just going to give the ball back without scoring.

I can't disagree with you about leaving points out on the court. And also you must consider every time we inched up UNC turned it up a notch. Beating UNC was not going to happen this year. TC had a nice game. We just needed a competitive Big and someone who was better at driving to the basket (next year: Paschal and Kid Mamba).

The Orange were sensational this year with a team that had many flaws. Heck, at the beginning of the season I said many times we would be lucky to make the tournament. I'm still just way too happy they made the final 4 to be sad they lost it.

I agree with most of your post, but we had 16 offensive rebounds, as did UNC.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400873196
Either way, I think both teams didn't play to their potential. But we played our hearts out throughout, so to your point, nothing to complain about. Fantastic run!

We played like crap Saturday night. We really did.

We are lucky we had 2 miracles in a row. Our team came back to Earth on Saturday night. I don't think "crap" is the right word.

We needed to open up a decent lead when Carolina went 4:30 without scoring in the first half. When we didn't, the game was as good as over. You could read it in Boeheim's tone during the end-of-half interview - they made no threes, had a long drought, and we're down 11?

We are lucky we had 2 miracles in a row. Our team came back to Earth on Saturday night. I don't think "crap" is the right word.

We are what we thought we'd be at the beginning of the year. It would be interesting to see how our YTD stats look compared to those of the UNC FF game. I'm sure they are close.
UNC is also who everyone thought they be, preseason #1, ACC reg season title (FWIW), ACCT champs, a #1 seed in the tourney, the last #1 left standing (albeit not a tough path compared to Villanova).

We needed to open up a decent lead when Carolina went 4:30 without scoring in the first half. When we didn't, the game was as good as over. You could read it in Boeheim's tone during the end-of-half interview - they made no threes, had a long drought, and we're down 11?
you could tell by the way JB was planted on a chair in the "thinker" pose for most of the second half... he know he had no more arrows in his quiver. I can't remember getting 2 consecutive buckets on UNC without them scoring outside of the 10-0 run in the second half. Got beat by a much better team.

you could tell by the way JB was planted on a chair in the "thinker" pose for most of the second half... he know he had no more arrows in his quiver. I can't remember getting 2 consecutive buckets on UNC without them scoring outside of the 10-0 run in the second half. Got beat by a much better team.

Yeah, he was pretty cool about it. Sometimes it's frustrating to see him sitting there turning purple, kind of resigned to the loss. On Saturday, there was no point in feeling bad about the situation (he was going to have two seniors feeling horrible anyway). We needed a level of offense that we couldn't muster; when it didn't come, the game was over. No shame in losing to a very good team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom